Server Issues Updates: Please see Sirrian's official post for the latest updates

And thus sky.net was born…

12 Likes

Did you pursue trying to figure out what’s going on with the store Sirrian? I know it’s not an asap type issue. I just tried to buy another pack through the store, and had to go through steam interface instead. Just curiosity.

Another bug that happened in PvP. Won PvP battle but it counted like I was doing explore. It counted as invade lose, no trophy, no glory. This bug is also involves timeout at the start of the battle. I got this error 5 times so far.

1 Like

Headless warrior?! New Avatar pack?

2 Likes

Where do you think all skulls on the board comes from?

10 Likes

5 times in a row, or 5 times separated by correct PvP wins?

They difference could help point to if it’s the network timeout issue they are seeing, or something different all together.

Separated by correct PvP wins.

1 Like

Hi Sirrian,

This is happening to me and yes, I tend to see it during ‘prime time’ here in the jungles of Hawaii where only DSL is available and it’s so oversubscribed that prime time slows internets to a crawl.

My question is why does it only happen in PvP and not for things like Explore or Treasure Maps. Basically, both of those activities are very low priority for me in my current level but I end up doing them during Prime Time because I can’t grind out PvP wins.

Will the hotfix do away with this issue or will it make it so that I can’t PvP when the connection is bad?

PS: I’m still seeing the error so I’m assuming the hot fix didn’t make it in.

No offence but i see the same excuse over and over again.

“It will be fixed in an hour or so and that will solve the problem permanently”

A day or so later we are back to square one and we just go round in this endless loop of pretending its fixed.

Why does this only happen on this game? Never ever had an issue with any other game like this.

Are you going to be compensating people because everyone is fed up now.

You know I don’t pussy foot around calling bs when I think I smell it but I think that this is really an issue of multiple different problems stemming from one or two areas: the server migration and the database no longer being supported by 3rd party (if I’m understanding that last part correctly).

These two issues combined have created a number of separate issues that have popped up over the last 8+ weeks but in most cases, each of these issues is slightly (or vastly) different from a development standpoint but results in the same effect to the players (i.e. not being able to play).

While I have definitely gotten on the devs my issue has always been one of communication and preparation; I truly feel like the issues themselves are pretty understandable once you dig under the surface. It sucks that there has been so much down time and (imho) the devs could have done a lot more to minimize that downtime or at least communicated with players much better but the issues themselves, while unfortunate, are fairly understandable.

1 Like

Yeah I agree I’ve experienced way more server issues in this game than any other, but the crew they’re working with are much smaller than most. I am just hoping all they’ve put in place now allows us to move forward, and put the server issues in the past.

More players usually equals more revenue and more revenue usually equals better support. So we’ll see.

I think the communication and someone working night-shift when the team is not around are reasonable expectations.

1 Like