Rise from the Ashes

@Saltypatra if sunbird is the last remaining troop, and you cast its spell, you lose the game despite its resurrection. Is this intentional?

Is this on Mobile? If so this is a known bug and should be fixed in the Unity client.

Ok, yes iOS. Thanks Ozball :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

It technically applies to any troop that kills itself while being the last troop (eg Bombot, Elspeth saccing herself etc)

1 Like

I believe you lose even if the sacrificing troop wipes the opponent, too. (So don’t try it!)

Yeah that one I’m not sure on… I think it also got fixed in Unity but I’m not 100% sure. Pretty sure it works as you describe on Mobile atm.

They called it the ‘mythical’ phoenix. So that’s almost a sure sign it’s gonna come one day.

I’m having troubles with not being to level my sunbird, its showing a lower level than I know I had it and when i try to level it it comes up with an error “There was a problem training your troop.”

Other than that problem I’ve loved the Sunbird and can’t wait for an actual phoenix.

1 Like

If you’re having trouble leveling it up and it persists after a restart, then it’s probably worth sending a ticket to support and see if they can sort it out. https://gemsofwar.zendesk.com/hc/en-us

This is more than likely related to the issue I described in another thread:

When the bird revives, it appears to set its level to what it revived at (which is based on magic, since it basically summons itself) which then persists after battle. This appears to be an issue with the way the data for troops is stored client side, as entering a game will revert the bird to its correct level for that battle. Restarting the game also fixes. If you have already leveled the troop, you should just be able to ignore the problem for now since it should be the correct level in battles.

It may not be intended that Sunbird’s magic is affecting the level it respawns at in the first place, since it has very low magic base magic for this purpose. Logically, it should respawn at current level in your collection, regardless of magic, like trait summons. Fixing this would probably fix the other issue as well.

5 Likes

Devs must be rolling their eyes. You have to chuckle how every new imaginative feature finds new imaginative ways to go wrong…

2 Likes