Rise from the Ashes

Originally published at: Rise from the Ashes – Gems of War

And be born again…

New Troop: Sunbird

The Stryx of Suncrest believe Sunbirds are the offspring of the mythical Phoenix, certainly they possess the ability to erupt into flame and then reform from their ashes, much as the Phoenix did in legends and stories. As such, the Stryx revere these creatures and would instantly strike down any outsiders who tried to harm or capture one!

Similar to Sunbirds are Thunderbirds, though somewhat smaller, and of a slightly different hue. The Stryx can tell the two apart quite easily, and regard Thunderbirds as a menace, since they regularly ruin crops. For the rest of us, the only means of reliably differentiating the two is that Sunbirds have one more pinion feather on their wing, which makes telling the two apart simply… a matter of a pinion…

Please note this Event is for all platforms: PC, iOS, Android, Xbox, and PS4.

Join the Forum!

14 Likes

First! Baby

1 Like

Already have plans for this baby

Wanna share it? :thinking:

1 Like

Everyone may not realize it, but I think this will be the next great troop

I’ve been waiting for this troop! I have so many team ideas to play with this week.

5 Likes

Very interesting troop, this should be a very fun week. And I’ll finally be able to 5 star Suncrest for that +1 attack :slight_smile:

1 Like

This will definitely be interesting, looking forward to seeing some great teams with this one.

Wait so he basically kills himself and comes back? Is that what the second part of it means (of his spell)

Yeah i believe it’s what he does

Yes, should be back with stats as if it was summoned.

Ah the new princess elspeth :slight_smile: Will be very easy to trigger that last trait , Can’t wait to play with this

Well we know the name of the future Mythic of Suncrest. Jean Grey!

1 Like

I’ve looked through every troop and the part about it dying I’m 95% sure won’t be part of why it’s good, other than the obvious as a lead troop you can resurrect when it’s gotten too much skull damage.

My guess is that the plan is to boost its life, probably via justice for looping. Furthermore, it’s a beast so can start with 50% mana with Forest Guardian. Have to imagine life boosting the only real viable build for this.

1 Like

I would disagree and can see its utility potential.

Bird might be good for newer players.

8 Likes

It also depends on the boost ratio for its life, but if you cannot see the use as a utility character then you need to look again.

It’s a 1:1 boost ratio. And I already said other than the obvious use of keeping it as the top troop.

1 Like

Maybe with a Justice team… But it will be a one-shot as this troop ressurect without any buffs.

I will prefer that the missing Life is also added in the damage. Maybe x2 :wink: .