RIP Chester Bennington

No worries mate. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Sh**, The End of World is near, I was on their concert in Kraków on 15 of June. Unforgetable memories

3 Likes
2 Likes

Yeah it is sad to hear when this happens to anyone, but you never know what is going on in someone else’s world, I feel bad for his family, I wish people would get help before they resort to this

3 Likes

Without getting too deep in clinical studies there is an underlying correlation between great creativity and depression (also self destructive behavior/mental illness). Its the same across many areas not just music, and even where you would not expect to find it like comedy.

Now obviously not every depressed person is not Van Gogh, and not every artist has issues. Even a casual examination will show this associative link repeated throughout all of human history.

Unfortunately, sometimes that inner spark that make one person a phenomenal artist is the same inner struggle that brings them down.

I always enjoyed Linkin Park. RIP C. Bennington.

7 Likes

Very well said @Strat! Excellent analysis brudda

3 Likes

Can someone post the ‘what I’ve done’ video please? I remember that at the end of transformers. Poignant and powerful and sad, even more so now. What a shame.
I still miss Jani Lane. What an awesome singer and performer he was, and so nice to people. Very underrated.
Rest in peace CB.

2 Likes

I was really sad to hear he had passed away. I’ve spent plenty of time over the years listening to LP and admiring the range and diversity to their music.

4 Likes
3 Likes

Thank you so much. Goosebumps… :cry::cry::cry:

3 Likes
1 Like

Think this is the very last interview. As he says, he did not have much of a free time at all.

2 Likes

Who this man ? Is dev of Gems of War ?

He was the vocalist in the band Linkin Park.

1 Like

Oh OK. I was confused for a minute, there. Seem strange to call band name after website.

Rest in peace, it was part of my childhood! :frowning:

Spent most of my teenage years listening to Linkin Park. Time to revisit some old favourites.

At least he’s no longer suffering.

RIP

1 Like

He probably not … but his familiy

1 Like

That is the worst part of the whole thing… 6 kids that no longer have a father… Makes me very sad

3 Likes

They probably are. Yes.
And as awful as this is, sure they’ll never get over the fact he’s gone. But they can learn to live without him, as many have had to do with relatives and friends before.
He however could not learn to live.

As much as they’ll wish he was still with them, in time they’ll know that he’s not having to go through another second of pure hell and be able to take solace in that in the very least.

1 Like