Remove Class Switching Fee

Oh jeez. They are kidding right? Changing class isn’t more *meaningful" if you pay for it. Changing class should be no different than changing a troop in your team or a hero weapon. .
Remember pay toilets? That certainly didn’t make peeing more meaningful. It was to get you to spend gems pure and simple.

8 Likes

9 Likes

Darn it that gif made me laugh so hard I had to spend a penny!

6 Likes

1.0.9 - A YEAR + ago the decision was made.

I think honestly after 200+ troops, 3 new classes, 10 new kingdoms, a massive amount of re-thinking and expansion that maybe - JUST maybe Dev can rethink that logic.

I would love to be able to have a PVP team and a Farming team (PVP Warlord or Assassin) - (Farming my Priest with my lovely Soul Sword) and be able to move between those two spaces without having to wait 24 hours to do that.

I see it no different than switching out a troop, or switching out a weapon or now Home Kingdom - switching class isn’t any different… than switching a troop out.

2 Likes

I really think that the Devs will remove the class swithcing fee in the near future. If I am wrong, oh well…

1 Like

It’s not the changing that’s important. It’s the staying the same class for a while, learning how to work with it, and probably most important, getting the class weapon.

1 Like

I don’t think that achieves much really. Learning how to work with it makes little sense as heroes are mostly underpowered and hardly worth working with… and I bet most people get the class weapon with 250 wins that didn’t include the hero in their team…

2 Likes

Possibly. But that is true of every aspect of the game. We are not required to keep a new card on our team to get to learn how it is best used.
Classes are just not that complicated.
I’m sorry but I’m not sure I can be convinced it’s not a gem grab.
If it was about learning then the cost would disappear after you have used that class. Especially after you have won the weapon. It remains. If I don’t have a good bead on the class after 250 wins then chalk me up as dense. Or I should say denser. Lol

3 Likes

I may be the one who’s being dense. I don’t see how a 24 hour wait is punitive, especially if you’re not using the hero in your team.

1 Like

It can be when you want use different teams especially in pvp. Sometimes a quick class change can give you an edge against a tougher opponent. But that change or team would be detrimental against the one after. Just as you wouldn’t want to use the same team in ever fight. Perhaps you want a different class to help out soul farming.
You wouldn’t want to wall off a troop behind a paywall. You should be able to mix and match hero weapon, troops, and class as needed. Not all fights or goals are the same. shrugs it just makes sense to my lopsided logic.

1 Like

It was annoying in the last few weeks when I wanted to switch often between pvp and explore modes. Using mechanist hero for bombot for explore, but sorcerer or warden for my only decent pvp teams that use the hero.

It’s also discouraging use of hero in pvp too, for tactical choices when I see the enemy team. I run a very fast warden/forestguardian team that’s good in pvp, but say there’s gorgotha in front of the enemy, I want to switch to a sun&moon build with sorcerer, or maybe a true damage crescendo build with archer class. As it is, I just don’t bother with the hero; he’s not as good as high end troops mostly and the hassle of changing class in a separate UI at artificially spaced times isn’t worth it.

4 Likes

I like the idea of removing that change fee at higher levels. Whether that be 500 or 1000, idk, nor do I care cause Im lvl 928 atm so I will get it soon enough either way.

But with the new event system and the clear encouragement to create new builds, then they should further encourage that by the removal of this mechanic… imho.

1 Like

I’d be okay with the class changing fee if teams would remember their complete hero setup for free. To elaborate, start out as Sorcerer, build a team with a Sorcerer Hero, pay to switch to Mechanist, build two teams with a Mechanist hero, pay to switch to Archer, build a team with an Archer hero, you now have four predefined teams. When going into a fight you can pick any of them, your active Archer class is temporarily replaced by the class of the predefined team for that fight only. Editing predefined teams changes the hero class within that team to the active hero class, so editing the one Sorcerer team in this example would make it an Archer team unless the active hero class is changed back to Sorcerer first.

1 Like

Yeah, class switching cost feels irrelevant to me when compared to the futility of trying to use your hero on multiple teams.

If we’re going to look for any changes to hero class functionality, I’d rather see class selection entirely removed from the Hero panel entirely and moved over to the Troops panel instead. Slotting a class should go alongside slotting a weapon, so each team has “its own” weapon and class irrespective of other teams.

7 Likes

Can we have some news about removing the class fee?

Last news about it was that it should be difficult to do it, but I have an easier solution: you just have to put the fee cost to 0 (I can point out which line to modify in the gamefile if you need :slight_smile: ).

Now that we have more and more interesting class, it became very annoying to be limited about how we can use the Hero (and no I will not pay 50 gems)…

8 Likes

Agreed.

+1 to this again

3 Likes

One idea I had on this: @sirrian @Saltypatra @Nimhain you could remove the cost, once the class weapon of a class is unlocked with 250 wins to switch into that class… that’d create further incentive to play each one through…

Further you could make wins count double towards these unlocks if the hero was actually used in the battle…

8 Likes

I like these ideas.

I’d be in favor of those ideas. Anything to get rid of this 50 gem fee.
One thought that I have about this is why was this fee ever implemented in the first place? Common sense tells me that it was put into place to dissuade or deter people from switching, but why?

1 Like

I would even be willing to say add it another incentive after weapon.

At 500 battles cost to switch is free!

But bottom line…

YES YES YES YES YES YES YES!!!

This needs to happen.

1 Like