Remove Class Switching Fee

Coming soon to a $49.99 pack near you, infinite class switching!

Heck it could even be tied to the vip system. 1 free switch daily per vip level.

2 Likes

I like that idea!

1 Like

That would kind of defeat the point of it. Someone spending $2-5 would then never need to spend gems on switching. They could make a certain VIP level count as infinite switches, but then poor people like me will complain about it if it is above my current VIP level. xD

I already find free scouting and VIP chests to be a bit on p2w side to begin with. Free scouting saves about 5-15 seconds per match as well as a minimum of 50 gold. VIP chests make getting certain epics, legends, and arcanes ridiculously easy to the point that it essentially cheats RNG. Ultimately, I don’t mind too much since the devs need money and both functions are technically possible without it, but it really does create an unfair advantage in regard to time and farming.

1 Like

Sorry for the resurrect, but I agree that current solution is far from ideal.

I want to do a few arena runs with my sorcerer but then I cannot level another class (without 250 wins) or use my main pvp team for the next 6 days. Hero should be tied to any team slot like everything else, and in the meantime the switch should be free of charge. Current option is just a trap.

As I have no choice to use a 4th troop instead of hero in arena, I just don’t see how I can enjoy this mini game without having to degrade experience in other game modes - a pity, as I generally enjoy draft in games.

1 Like

Does this topic cover when the switching cost about 10-25 gems to switch and you had to wait a week for a free switch?

1 Like

AFAIK it was 50 crystals / 6 days then, same as now.

2 Likes

I agree, the switching cost is to high for a facet of the game that should be more integral to every day play. Especially nine months on.

As it stands I pick the one class I have the most chance of actually playing and loose the ability to create teams around any of the others. Even with all but one fully leveled and trained.

1 Like

@Sirrian @Nimhain please consider reevaluating. Especially in the wake of the economy changes.

2 Likes

It is 50 gems, and the free change time is only 24 hours. To give you more perspective of how cheap this is, if you play this week’s event, you can get 50 gems by killing 150 troops in explore, aka 38 games of explore.

2 Likes

It’s nice that they have reduced the timer, that’s a start.

As for the fee, I doubt most people are willing to pay the ‘inconvenience fee’, so why not just remove it and let players have fun with various game modes without having to worry about class selection.

1 Like

I believe the timer was reduced partially due to the feedback in this thread. It was reduced back in May or so I believe.

As for the gem cost, while I agree it’s a tad high, I’ve also noticed a much larger gem income since I got back with the new guild system. So I’m not as fussed about it now as I might have been back then.

Is it possible the timer is different on Console? and that’s what you’re on @arch?

1 Like

@Ozball

I was mistaken when I originally said the timer was still 6 days. It’s 24 hr so not a huge problem (third week into the game), but the crystal / time fee is enough of a hindrance to me that I will probably just stay away from game modes requiring them.

I would rather have 5 gem chests or 1 VIP chest than spending 50 crystals just to do a few arena runs (with a class/weapon setup I enjoy).

I think the fee has a negative impact on the game because it reduces player choice in what to do and what teams to try out. Sure, the devs needs money, but I’d be amazed if this is adding much to it.

2 Likes

I believe arena removes class stats and bonus upon entering, meaning that you shouldn’t need to change class just for arena. Quests and Explore Vs PVP however I can see a need to possibly change class if you use your hero in PVP.

3 Likes

I believe that was the precise intent of the system: to give players a meaningful choice that would differentiate them from each other.

2 Likes

My first thought was, why in the heck would anyone need to switch classes that frequently? After reading your post, you did bring up a very good point about defense teams not saving your class. I think saving the class for defense teams if a great idea, but don’t feel removing the cost to switch classes is necessary. Perhaps there could be a 1 time gem cost to purchase a “2nd class” slot for a defense team.

1 Like

i want to change class after testing another class but it cost me gems i rather not spend. so i thought i do it tomorrow after the cooldown.

that was last month. and i still didn’t change class. can’t remember what i was gonna use it with either :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

This is my point, team building comes with inspiration or moods. Most of the time I use known teams and just grind it out. With the cost to change class I cannot enjoy an entire segment of the game.

I would like to recommend removing the change fee as a boon to hitting level 1000.

4 Likes

I don’t understand why it’s even there except to encourage buying gems when the game first came out. With all the ways to spend real money today they need to drop this outdated purchase gimick.

1 Like

How about when they hit Mytic at 500?

1 Like

The devs have stated that they want the class decision to feel meaningful.

Source:

1 Like