Release the Krakdown! 40 second explore team :)

Elspeth/Boombot/Boombot/Hero (mechanist 3 traits with pure brown weapon) requires 3 less brown than Elspeth/Boombot/Black manacles/pure brown troop. 5+5 for 1st team, 5+8 for 2nd team.

1 Like

Elspeth sacrifices the last troop, that’s the whole point of her, so you can cast two bombot one after the other, if required. It’s an Explore team you you rarely need both and certainly you’ll not need black manacles to finish off explore opponents on normal. I think some people have crossed wires here.

1 Like

Black Manacles is there for troops with life drain.

Why would you need that though? Elspeth kills the brown hero, fills bombot usually both, with an extra turn, which gives you an instant cast with bombot and victory. The ai won’t even get a turn. If you have a life drain scenario you have another bombot ready to go. I don’t understand your logic. Sorry.

Well i guess I’ll be farming yellow and blue traitstones now :smile:

The good thing about the kraken team is that it scales very well though, the team is currently on 5382 power and just defeated a 9000+ team :slight_smile:

Also double Kraken would rule but I don’t think I’ll have time to farm all of the traitstones needed anyway :wink:

No matter how many Bombots you cast life drain troops will live with 4 health it’s a known bug on PC.

1 Like

The Bombot explore team is super-fast. I find using DeepBorer/Bombot/RandomMech/MechanistHero (Blackhawk banner) to be about as fast, and more reliable than Elspeth, which can be mega-fast, but far slower if the opening Elspeth cast misfires.

For when I get tired of Bombotting, here’s another super-fast explore team:

GreenSeer
Rowanne
Elspeth
Mercy

(blue/green, or double-green banner)

Plan:

• if yellow/purple board suits, cast Mercy - fill Seer - cast Seer - fill Rowanne - win
  • if not, cast Elspeth on Mercy - fill Rowanne - win
  • if more yellows. cast Elspeth on Elspeth - fill Rowanne, or fill Seer - cast Seer, and so on

I like the versatility and choice depending on opening board - and Rowanne can still wipe most Explore mode teams in one cast (for me at least).

2 Likes

That’s on PC this is a PS4/Xbox thread.

Elspeth/Bombots are just for explore they would fail badly in PvP.

My Bad, removed it :slight_smile:

Except rowanne is broken on ps4 since the update, she’s nowhere near as powerful atm for some reason.

2 Likes

This bug with troops that gain +4 life in place of be killed was fixed on Xbox.

I gamble that the knight Elspeth summons will be able to mop up any Life Drain troops - which it almost always can. Other than Templar, Alastair and maybe one or two more they all can deal direct damage.

I suggest a slight tweak to the Bombot team, which is to make it Elspeth/Bombot/Steam Turret/Mechanist with Warden’s Gauntlets, using the double Brown flag. Having three unique Adana troops and three unique Mechs nets an extra 6 armor on Bombot compared to the bonuses for just having two Adana troops (two Mechs gives no bonus), and that extra three damage with Bombot can sometimes make the difference between wiping a team in one turn and needing to spend an extra turn cleaning up. In case Bombot doesn’t destroy all enemies or in the case of Life Drain, Steam Turret can focus all its damage on just one or two troops which is always enough to take them out.

2 Likes

Whaaaaaaaat? Is this also true on PC? (Going to check now)

Edit: it is! Whee!

It hasn’t been on PC that’s why I still use Black Manacles.

Ahem. (10 chars)

Elspeth (FT’d)
Bombot
Carnex
Brown Weapon Hero (Mechanist Class/Level 10 Atleast/Not FT’d)
The extra 8 armor bonus due to mech and Adana bonuses
Complete 50+ armour for Bombot and your good to go :slight_smile:

Try it again with a life drain troop in last slot. I just did a battle with a Vampire Lord in last slot the VL had 30 something health and my Bombot does more than 50 damage the VL survived. The life drain troop you were battling was it in first slot?

Yes, it was. Blast. Guess it’s only partially fixed.

I think if Bombot hits any skulls the life drain troop will die.