PvP rankings are a joke

My bad english? Lol

2 Likes

now that make sense. i havenā€™t played much for 2 weeks now. only a few same people responding in the forum. maybe everyone else is bot.

1 Like

Our opinions are all shaped by our personal experiences.
I am one of those players you mention. I produced just short of 1k trophies each of the last two of weeks, while also doing 200 ish treasure maps going for vaults/gems keys so i wasnā€™t even focusing hard on pvp. Now those weeks were more intense as i tried to get my hands on Stonehammer, but i usually hit 500+ trophies in more casual weeks. There are a couple others in my guild that fall slightly below that count. However my guild overall only produces between 3k and 4k trophies a week with no impact on the leaderboard.
With that being my personal experience i am quick to think there are probably a lot of players like that and why shouldnā€™t there be.

2 Likes

I still bet your guild is in top 1000 which further confirms what i just explained.

We are talking about 30.000 players all doing a minimum of 600 trophies. By that distribution theres probably around 10.000 players doing 1000+ trophies.

I mean you dont have to believe but after you start adding up the numbers youll come to the same conclusion.

3 Likes

No, not everybody would leap to that conclusion. Some of us think that it simply means that many players donā€™t belong to top guilds. It could be because they donā€™t want to be part of one, or because they donā€™t understand the benefits, or a multitude of other reasons (including that some are bots). But itā€™s a huge leap of faith to claim they must mostly be fake or bots, and an even bigger (and totally unsubstantiated) jump to say the devā€™s created/control them.

Bots are out there, but the scope of the problem is just guesswork and hyperbole right now.

3 Likes

There is something not quite right about the numbers as DonBoba has been saying.

Pretty simple math here, if the Average amount of trophies a top 100 guild does is around 10k, around 300 trophies per person.

When fighting PvP for leaderboard, you could earn 2 x the average amount of trophies and you end up being 30,000th in leaderboard.

30000 people / 30 per guild, is over 1000 guilds of players, none of which seem to be rising to the top. Also it seems pretty unreal that of the top 100 guilds that actually seem to be most active, forums, pvp etcā€¦ they are actually less active than 30000 people?

Math does not add up, There is either fake accounts making it harder for the average player to get higher in ranks, or there are 10000ā€™s of bots that create new accounts constantly to farm the rewards which are worthless since the account gets terminated. There is something wrong hereā€¦

4 Likes

Now again think about it. We are talking about 600+ trophies a week players. Not that they just dont belong to top guilds, most of them dont seem to belong to any guild at all.
I back up those beliefs with numbers of trophies associated to guilds.
If you ask other guild leaders youll get the same response - that its been increasingly hard to recruit new members. Even for the top guilds. And while its getting harder to find active new members, number of active new players seems to be jumping like crazy if we consider pvp leaderboard as something valid.

1 Like

Lots of guess work going on here. But one can partially use the CONSOLE leaderboards as a comparison what HUMANS can do. Youā€™d still be comparing apples to oranges but stillā€¦

1. Its been running Unity since release
  2. limited bots, limited trainers, and limited exploits.
  3. Closed platform vs open platform of Windows
  4. Limited Account Sharing, as it would normally be in the same house. (you must really trust someone to share Acct Info on another console)

i also found it hard to carry my xbox to work and play a little there :wink:

3 Likes

Valid points Strat. Can you share with us how many points did no 1 ranked player had last week? Whats the usual number of points for no 1 rank player? Whats the usual pvp points needed to enter top 100?

1 Like

Did a guess work calculation for someone before the last reset. At the time he did 13k PvP points and was 23,500 on PC he would have been 50-100 on console. Note these are not end of week numbers.

Top: Its Tue. We have quite a few players over 10k PvP points and 1 at 15k PvP points.

For reference in terms of what the guilds are doing on console (these are all PS4 numbers):

The most active guild earned about 18,700 trophies last week, with 7 guilds earning more than 10,000 trophies. Iā€™ve got some numbers on the top 25 guilds at home if youā€™re interested.

I actually know a few people that have a work console setup. How anything gets done thoughā€¦

2 Likes

We have about 30-40 guilds passing 10k trophies. Our pvp rankings suggest we should be having around 1000 guilds doing more then 10k trophies (or rather more then 15k trophies).

1 Like

The PS4 leaderboard fluctuates weekly between 40-50k(1,100+ games)for the person who finishes top, but thatā€™s been lately. Anything above 60k doesnā€™t happen often at all and Iā€™ve only seen one person get above 70k points. Thereā€™s also slow weeks as well when 30k, or just over, is the limit.

Back when I hit 50+k points I had 1,300+ games played.

2 Likes

makes me wanna move back to console, my 96k would have been godly haha

speaking of which thoughā€¦ i have seen and xbox guy over 100k PVPā€¦ for the life of me i canā€™t mind his/her name

It wouldā€™ve been godly, yes, but just a shame the rewards arenā€™t :smirk:

Probably rickkygervais he usually puts up really big numbers and stole #1 from me the first only one week I tried for first.

1 Like

I totally agree with the Diablo 2 reference. One of my all time favorite games i played more than this one. The botting and cheating got so bad i ended up not playing anymore, and only played single player occasionally.

Also i agree that something is not right. Getting 500-700 trophies weekly, and rank 20k or so. If there is that many players doing so well, why is it so hard to find members for top guilds. By those numbers there should be many top players to fill the top 100 guilds easily

hahah touchƩ !

1 Like