PvP rankings are a joke

i get mad at the ai drops and retreat quite alot xD

1 Like

I don’t think he’ll ever get banned now that he’s in one of dev’s darling’s guild. :smirk:

10 Likes

Maybe they like to keep their enemies close? :mouse: :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

Unfortunately that is what I am thinking too.
@Sirrian @Nimhain Please prove us that we are wrong!

2 Likes

Remember the time when they responded to our post/questions? Pepperidge farm remembers.

17 Likes

Now you’ve got me thinking mst3k …haha well it was full of bots too…which puts me back at thinking of the ranking system… No further comments.

1 Like

Not really

1 Like

The reason top has lots of losses is because high risk / high reward style of teams.
Its much faster to click that retreat button if you are to miss your loop than to try and fix RNG missing.
I won a match in 35 seconds even though I missed twice, and I spent time looking for my matches so this could have easily been twice as fast. (Currently #3 on Leaderboard as of this post). I don’t have an optimal setup as im missing a few traits. This team can easily win 3 times in one minute, perhaps not consistently if you miss but 15-20 second matches are a thing on 4x speed.

2 Likes

@tanino There is a small variation that I think is 3-5 seconds faster per battle.

Lately, I always back out even if its looks like the battle is about to slow down. I used to try and win everything. My new plan, play fast get it done.

1 Like

@tanino why are you using logic to explain reality?

Because im sure I could spend 5 hours trying to draw a picture and it would still go misunderstood.
@jermdoggydogg

1 Like

Unfortunately i thought that too

Been seeing this a lot lately… Wish i knew how its done legitimately

How does one play 3-4 matches a minute for hours with a <1% loss rate? Apparently there is a way and the masses haven’t discovered them yet.

2 Likes

I could see 1000 pvp matches per week with the 4x speed no problem… I was getting 500 a week with regular speed but how do you get 500 defense matches with 360 of those being wins?

1 Like

Its actually obtainable with some clever manipulation of the matching system. However I’ve seen the same result from less than 20 ranked invasions within hours of weekly reset. Which leads me to believe that when PC went to unity something as simple as perhaps a syntax error is preventing the scripted fix from working.

What’s the event this week? If they put up an attractive event team, they might be getting farmed in casual PvP (resulting in a bunch of casual losses showing up as ranked wins). Not exactly ‘legitimate’ wins, but neither is it cheating as its a known bug and is largely outside the control of the player.

They could still be picking up ranked wins and losses through regular PVP and GW too, but I suspect it would be casual that is throwing the ratio off.

This weeks event is kill orcs in pvp or explore and that persons defense team is this

I am by no means accusing this person of cheating or botting just to be clear… I just would like to understand how its done so i could potentially do it too

1 Like

With the gem spawning bug that Mithran documented, that team could be crazy good if it got started over the last few days. It is built to take advantage of the bug.

Now that the bug is “fixed”, they will probably find their success rate dramatically reduced, since they will NEVER get an extra turn or be able to loop.

Again: not cheating, just using the existing game mechanics to maximum benefit.

3 Likes

How about this leaderboard see something wrong here because are you kidding how is that humanly possible

2 Likes