PvP rankings are a joke

Ok so let me get this straight… If someone attacks me in casual pvp, and they defeat my defense team, i will actually get credit for a RANKED pvp defense win?

2 Likes

That’s my understanding of the bug, yes. It’s been reported to the devs by multiple people on all platforms repeatedly, over several months at least.

1 Like

There are many problems with casual PVP. Sometimes people will appear in your battlelog although they haven’t enough fought against you.
Last weekend someone showed me a screenshot. He had several defense victories in 0 minute against someone from our guild. Our guildmate plays casual PVP, but he had not played at all that day.

We have stopped submitting tickets about that problem since it has happened to some people in our guild. We have tried to reproduce it and understood it was due to a bug.

But I remember having noticed it and submitted a ticket for those problems of defense wins in casual last Christmas.

The bugged results usually show up as +1 defence points. You have to watch your battle log pretty carefully to see it happening, though. I used to notice it when I would put up a joke defence team or a really easy team for weekly events, and then wonder “who is losing to this team that I made because I think their sound effects are funny?” Then I would see level 1000 players “losing” multiple times in a row. As @Aelthwyn says, when I asked a player who I knew when I saw them showing up in my battle log like this, they confirmed that they were playing casual, but hadn’t battled me at all.

Basically yes that’s the bug, there’s another aspect as well that people can and do knowingly exploit using ranked PvP in conjunction with casual to rack up obscene defense wins quickly. The screenshot that you provided might actually just be from an individual completing snotstone collection. It doesn’t appear as an unrealistic number of defense wins if he’s been very active in casual and reciprocity of a event defense. I’ve seen individual cases of the intentionally bugged wins from players with many hundred within hours of reset. They stick out by the fact their ranked PvP will be greater than zero and usually a higher invade loss ratio.

THAT bug was supposed to be fixed. Sirrian said they determined what was happening there and fixed the matchmaking tables so that whatever was generating the insane numbers of PVP defenses was fixed. The people that were (I don’t want to say) exploiting that have as much as come out and said their glory machine is now broken.

I just checked and i got +9 pvp points for the defense win against the person in my screenshot

Also my defense team is 4x orc veteran at lv1 no traits

I don’t know the exact mechanism of how this bug works, but it sounds plausible that you are attracting invades from people farming event points (whether in casual or ranked).

[quote=“Gilgamesh, post:250, topic:22677, full:true”]
The screenshot that you provided might actually just be from an individual completing snotstone collection. It doesn’t appear as an unrealistic number of defense wins if he’s been very active in casual and reciprocity of a event defense. [/quote]

It seems to be a player from our guild.
He is very active in casual and alternates it with ranked PVP. To collect some snotstones. And, like many people who are in the LB each week, because it is a way to make trophies fast.

Apparently there were several bugs. This one has not been solved and it is a problem. Casual PVP shouldn’t have an impact on ranked PVP.

1 Like

I agree completely and have been saying so in every thread that comes up about this. It seems like it should be an easy thing to fix, but it has been on the “investigating” list since the 2.2 known issues thread in February. It was still on the 3.0 list, but hasn’t made it’s way onto the 3.05 list.

1 Like

I always check out profiles to see who dies what and I definitely can tell who know what to do to produce the results and who plays normally, I report these players weekly and I’m told the same thing " we cannot comment on all cases" so as I play legit I just have to sit back and watch their numbers fly. I screen shot them all tho. Top guilds shouldn’t be doing this and their response was " go tell devs and see what they say" so yeah, it is frustrating.

3 Likes

Idk… I find it very convenient how many players who seem to be gaming the system somehow whether intentional or not tend to be at the top of the pvp leaderboard every week and/or are in very high ranked guilds and the devs dont seem to be doing anything about it

Meanwhile us lowly players are putting up 1td and that takes priority for some reason… Which caused a bigger issue with rewards for battles won that i have posted about atgreat length and not a peep from the devs…

Im getting to the point that i cant even play this game anymore because of all this

1 Like

THAT bug is still alive and well. I have a screenshot from last weeks reset that is fairly conclusive.

1 Like

Good to know. Have you posted on the 3.05 known issues thread?

1 Like

@Aelthwyn, I have a pretty good idea of who you were referring to earlier, this much I know is true:
At 7:15 est (8:29 est right now) I was 347 pvp pts. ahead of this person on the leaderboard. One hour and fourteen minutes later and they are 2,269 pts. ahead of me and I’ve played the entire time and have one loss during this period.
I don’t see any way possible that they could’ve gained that much on me in that amount of time.
Edited- I’m playing on 4x speed.

19 Likes

I can win 40 battles with 3T per hour,and my friend(she from Australia),can win 22 battles 30 mins.
And I cant keep that speed for 2 hours.Wish dev do something about cheaters on pvp LB.

1 Like

Yeah I have quite a few screenshots of ps4 players abusing those bugs. What I find funny is its the same players over and over again who are abusing these bugs.

My fave screenshot is 800defense wins. Only reason they are doing this is pure Greed.

I’m here been playing since about 5-6pm Est. At one point, my lead was over 5000 points… within that time to about an hour before this post… and i’ve been playing with fast teams 4x speed. I had a lead then they flew by, and within that time of playing they seemed to be gaining 100’s of points within me finishing a battle relatively quick, about every 3-5 battles I’d check and some how would end up being ahead by a few hundreds.

3 Likes

Also currently most players in the top 100 have quite a number of invade losses. Are players quitting a lot of matches on 4x speed??

I have one from last week 1800. Add me on PS4 and I’ll show u it, same name as here