PvP rankings are a joke

@Ozball has the right of things as per usual.

I should clarify what I mean by solo, I’m using it a little more loosely here than I probably should have. These solo players are high level players who aren’t in the top 100 guilds. Some of these players have made guilds and are in them alone, whereas others are in guilds with very few members and little activity.

4 Likes

Must be honest, I myself cannot believe the amount of battles done in only 1 week. Seems insane. One has to play day and night to have over 2000 battles! 144 000 points? That is unbelievable.

1 Like

I can’t say that I am disappointed, because I am not surprised anymore.
I am just feeling angry.

We have been spending 3 months sending PMs to the devs and submitting tickets about someone. Not the only cheater in the game, by very far, but a very blatant one.
We have sent the devs on several occasions some very detailed information and data.

To no avail.
I have received a few standard messages “we can’t say anything about our investigations”, and a few gems in apologiy for the delay that other people would probably have needed more than me…
But in fact it seems that there has been no investigation at all.

I am disgusted to see that far from being banned, that person is in the leaderboard again.

We have recently submitted an even more documented ticket about someone else that has been completely ignored.
Cheaters are unfortunately no priority. Reporting them is useless.

Sadly being dishonest seems to be an advantage in GoW.

24 Likes

Bump for dev attention…

7 Likes

It is a problem on console as well and with all my reports still it don’t matter and sadly it’s a top guild with top players doing it.

1 Like

Amen (10 characters)

1 Like

I think it should be pinned to the top of the forums for dev attention. Regrettably only devs can pin threads, so I guess I’ll just ping them…

@Sirrian
@Nimhain
@Saltypatra

@Aelthwyn lists some very serious concerns 4 posts above mine. We’d really appreciate some to-the-point response on this issue… Thanks! :smiley:

4 Likes

I’m not sure what direction this is going or whom the allegation is directed at. With the introduction of 4x speed one can’t simply look at the leaderboards. Ill conclude i have suspicions about many “active” players, but have the awareness to accept that some have an addiction issue, and most botters would avoid leaderboard like a plague.

15k PvP points doesn’t even make the top 20k, and I find it hard to believe. That’s in effect saying there is in excess of 20,000 players projecting over 1000 trophies each. Where the hell are they? I don’t believe I buy that for a second. I’ve also had people share privately with me that some guilds have open conversations about cheating, top guilds indeed, one in particular allegedly hosts slave accounts weekly just to donate gold. Can’t prove a damn thing as a player so I’m not going to bother. Don’t have access to data conclusive of suspicious activities regardless. The one that I can find like the defense glitching at weekly reset won’t be addressed either. Its back burner issues until this latest patch is iorned out.

2 Likes

This stuff is not caused be 4x speed and this person is a member of a top 10 guild… Screen shot was taken 5 minutes ago

3 Likes

That looks like the casual PVP bug. That hasn’t been fixed yet?

The thing I don’t get is, with the 1-troop defence bug “fixed”, where’s the advantage in doing casual?

1 Like

Saw the SS, its better if u can send it with a ticket.

1 Like

Not sure how to do that tho

At the bottom of the support ticket is an option to attach files. You could just send it via PM to Salty, too. She can forward it to the appropriate people.

However, I don’t see any harm in discussing bugs and exploits that cause people to question the integrity of the game openly.

1 Like

Its very strange that those who has such strangness inside their profile like the 100 defense wins SS we just saw, almost never report themselves, or maybe its not that strange. It only shows me that its not a bug most of the time, but exploits/cheating.

1 Like

I have been involved with someone who DID self-report that exact thing. They PM’d with me after they saw some weird results in their battle log to try to figure out what was going on, then brought the devs into the PM thread. This was quite a while ago, though, and it seems like nothing has been done.

1 Like

I sent a pm to @Sirrian… I dont knoe if that player is cheating or not but 96 defense wins with 0 losses is suspect imo…

1 Like

To get event gems only 50 gold to refresh.

2 Likes

That ones not as suspect as some others I’ve found. In particular with a PvP snotstone event that number is plausible if just farming casual PvP.

Yes. It is the casual PVP bug.
And no, it has not been solved. Although there have been many tickets and many threads about it for several months.

1 Like

Maybe you just don’t see it on the forum.
It has become more difficult to do it since Sirrian and Nimhain have stepped back from the forum, but we used to ask them to check each time we had a doubt about one of our members. And I know some other top 10 guilds who do the same.

1 Like