Provide more souls for low level players

thats the thing i hate already (basically necromancy is already nearly completely tied to purple)

if it was made even more consistent tie to the purple - thus you would ban all purple units that arent soul-oriented from the every day play - since it would mean you arent getting most from your fights

im hoping developers rather add more soul-creating troops that are differently colored instead, perhaps low level players wouldnt struggle with souls as much if there was simply more soul generating troops dropping from gold chests?

also i believe locking chellenges from increasing the soul gain based on % bonuses is the best way to go with it, my reasons:

• mid/late game chellenge unlocking is not interesting at all, its a boring grind
  • unlocking the chellenges at early game could actually feel like a chellenge and be fun - and then feel much more rewarding if you knew you are getting the maximum reward and arent missing anything coz it doesnt grow with % bonuses

also just to add the information: i never finished most chellenges coz at first i didnt wanna loose the bonus souls and later it was too boring and i didnt need souls, how funny is that?

@Annaerith you are mostly right.
… I, however, think that giving soul generation through hero somehow is the way to go.
… What if there were more colored weapons that give souls? And every color could have a different effect. AoE, Single target with high base damage, Randomly split, heal for an ally… ?

Because the troops we have for souls are … Dragon Soul (not early), Warg (very rare early), and the rest has low magic - low soul generation. And just throwing troops early that you have to stick with feels wrong (I have been semi-frustrated using Tyri that way).
By changing hero weapons (that really need a change imho) - that is perfectly feasible.

1 Like

It doesn’t matter how you generate souls whether the hero does it or a card. The simple fact is you are only going to generate X amount of souls per battle no matter how you go about it as the only thing Necromancy does for you is bump the overall amount you can farm per round.

I like @peterix idea to help with the soul issue : provide soul generating weapons in the low level weapons.

• You don’t need souls to get an effective soul generator (well you need souls to level your hero, but you have your hero in your main team already in this level)
  • you can easily switch in or out of soul farming without having to invest souls in different troops (once leveled, the hero can use any weapon, period)

Red and Brown could be nice colors to receive those weapons since they are the starting classes (warrior, mechanist). The zulkarhi one is purple, and I agree we have enough purple soul generators/necromancers.

I’m sure there are still thousands of people that gained their Souls originally from only two sources - firstly completing the challenges from the limited number of Kingdoms that were at hand. Secondly was grinding Arena… over and again.

This was of course before there were any traits to give bonus’ to Soul gain. Before you could gain massive amounts through tributes, before keys gave you anything but cards… Treasure hunts… VIP level %'s… etc etc.

I don’t want to be ‘that guy’ that states, “Higher level players never had it that easy”, but the fact remains that Souls are so much easier to come by for newer players than they ever were in the beginning.

The issue isn"t really that souls are hard or easy to gain, it’s that with the current system, the game tunnels a new player into a single team for quite a long time, before you can try out a new team.

And for me the strength of the game is exactly around flexibility, variety, make your own choices, switch when you get bored.
It should not be : simply run the best team and farm for months.

I might be more impatient than other players,
I might love the “team creation” aspect of the game more than other players.

In my small guild, I have to kick some inactive low level players every other week, usually they are between lvl 50 and 100. I also have 2 kids at home which played the game and got bored using the same team.
And I know how I nearly quitted around level 100-150 bored of playing the same team, and having to farm souls with a team I didn’t like. Arena kept me in : when bored on banshee => arena, when bored of arena => exploring with banshees…

I’m pretty sure the game can be IMPROVED on that aspect.

Old people who are still here, and the more dedicated ones, with more available time to play, and more resistant to boredom and farming.

And we shall not go to the opposite either : making new teams so easy that after 2 weeks of playing you have seen all combos in the game. :slight_smile:

Well, it has been a long time since I did my tutorial, but I can bet you that it still starts the same way, with the same couple of troops.

As for switching things up, this was before there were even 100 troops in the game, so again, team monotony has improved incredibly.

I know it probably appears that I’m being biased, but every player has done ‘the grind’. You put in the hours, you reap the rewards. I can only tell you that this grind to gain souls and cards, is so much easier for everyone now. If you only knew how little the rewards used to be :slight_smile: Other long term players would agree as such.

We’re going to be doing a review of how souls are earned so we take of look where we could make some improvements.

3 Likes