Princess Fizzbang change & hotfix

Dont you think some troops SHOULD be dangerous if cast?

1 Like

Queen Grapplepot

Well i look forward to gobblecrotch being used then… I have barely seen her anywhere

Absolutely. Famine is a great example. It’s wildly dangerous to allow a Famine to cast, which is why mana draining is so important to use against it. (Old) Fizzbang and Wisp are two other examples of dangerous troops where the extra turn means there’s literally no downside for the AI. The extra turn can let Wisp chain together many successive charms off of consecutive casts, and Fizzbang’s extra turn means that a Famine might fill off the explosion without you getting a chance to do anything about it.

The game is fun when dangerous things have counters. It’s not fun when they don’t. That’s when people complain about “coin came up heads, therefore I lost”.

9 Likes

Hey, I asked for a nerf but not this one :wink: .

I would have prefer that extra turn will be nerfed with a limit of ET by turn or a 10% of frozen (increasing by +10% each ET) :stuck_out_tongue: . I hope that our “hardcore” gamerz will appreciate this idea.

Well i guess i must be the luckiest primate in the troop since the coin comes up tails for me 99% of the time…

I am done talking about nerfs… If every troop gets nerfed into a peasant thanits whatever…

I shall not comment further

i was using pot before fizz got nerfed. after the nerf, i need a new reliable mana source for pot, that leaves only goblin shaman, which wasn’t good enough. using non-goblin partners, she lost damage potential. change this and that…

long story short, i disregard ms pot and the goblin horde, went back to the usual invade teams, like this week never happens.

2 Likes

I get the sentiment, but i maintained a 90% winrate against the gobbo meta with mostly monocolour teams and looking at the leaderboard so did the bo…hardcore players, so Fizzbang didn’t exactly break the game.

1 Like

I posted in the thread about her. I didn’t beg for a nerf - I did say that she was top of the nerf pile, and I did say that her stat buff was OP. Personally I wish they’d just removed the stat buff, and maybe stealthy too. Stealthy just because how is a troop that blows stuff up stealthy?

And to answer your question, no I’m not happy now and no it wasn’t what I wanted!

9 Likes

It might not be the very majority that wants this change as you suggests and a few other include myself have already. But for once I would loved that the Devs listened to us, the minority.

1 Like

Goodbye Fizzbang, we hardly knew you.

2 Likes

@Sirrian, a humble proposal to make her fun, thematic, and balanced:

Extra Turn and:

Fizzbang- Explode 2 random Green gems. Buff an ally, as current.

OR

Misfire- Explode all Green gems, and burn 2 allies.

This has risk, reward, and a reasonable amount of mana gain no matter which result occurs.

With your current nerf, getting the buff is pretty unrewarding, as most likely it will not hit a useful troop/stat. Getting 5 to 12 mana from the 2 explosions is a good consolation prize.

On the other hand, getting an all Green explode and an extra turn is a powerful effect. Burning allies isn’t enough to make this unusable, but it is a minor and thematically appropriate drawback.

8 Likes

I guess many of you don’t find balance fun, or have more fun using troops that are just superpowerful.

I’ll take my Krystenax exemple. Is he fun? Yes.
Do I like him? Of course!
Do i use him? Yes, of course, a lot!

Is he balanced ? Not at all.
He does about 6 different roles, all better then the options!

As an AoE, he is one of the best in the game, his damage is just off the charts.
He also controls the board offensively (by creating chains and possible extra turns) AND defensively by removing a color that the opponent might need.
He can act as a wall with 50% armor.
He self enchants.
And he is a summoner!!!

He does the job of about every other cards, better then them.
Just look at every other dragons, and Krys is just better.

So I guess different players have different tastes.
Me, I like to look at my collection and scratch my head because cards are all as strong and I must make hard choices to get an effect. Do I need a summoner? Should i add more board control? Do I have room for an AoE caster? Right it’s : oh, I’ll just stick in Krys.

I see that other prefer to just use the evident OMGWTFOP troops and not have to think and that’s their fun.
To each his own.

9 Likes

Hey Gouki.
The issue, even with an 90% win rate, comes if that 10% loss came if you, god forbid, let the AI play 1 turn.
It’s not the # of loss, it’s how they happen. Same situation we had with Deathknight pre-adjustement

2 Likes

If you were to go into a pvp right now against the Meta of this week, Nobend, Princess, Queen, and Mab… I can say it still is OP and takes just one turn…

In fact, I found Nobend, Princess, Rocket, Goblin more dangerous

Not quite an equal comparison there. Deathknight could be actively targeted where as Fizzbang can not, due to the stealthy trait.

So Fizz has extra turn and 50% of explode all the green… and Nobend has extra turn and 33% of explode all the board…
Should Nobend be nerfed? Or the real problem is that a team composed of Nobend + Fizz is OP (4 different colors)?

Funny you’d mention Deathknight… the easiest to counter troop that got an unnecessary public demand nerf in the history of the game so far, yeah^^

Anyways, the Fizzbang “fix” will still result in the same losses if rng decides it, while making the troop aweful for invades.
A sensible more thought through nerf like proposed from several Players in this thread even, would have achieved much more.

2 Likes