Princess Fizzbang change & hotfix

Her stat boost could have been changed to only work on goblins (no longer double buffed, can tweak):

• Gain an extra turn. Explode all green gems and increase a skill on another random goblin ally by XX.

There is a troop in the game, Domovoi, that uses the same type of buffing mechanic (random OTHER ally).
This will do 2 things:

• Makes her only usable in a goblin team, like you suggest.
  • No longer buffs herself with magic to prevent insane buffs.

Instead we get another RNG troop that can cause frustration when she doesn’t explode. Especially if the enemy Fizzbang does explode a few times in a row.

Edit: Seems Domovoi is able to target himself anyway. Bad use of the word “another” in his spell text :frowning:

2 Likes

I agree. She is currently a useless troop that was giving goblings a use but this would give her place like FG gives beast place.

I also agree with a lot of comments about the refund, crappot was nerfed blindly she wasnt even the problem(same half assed way that famine was “nerfed”) I have guildies who spent massive resources to not get her.

Then we have all the glory for fizzbang

AND WHAT ABOUT THE DEVOUR!

Its quuite embarrasing for a company this size to say “we tested this, im not sure how it happened” your last 3 major updates have been catastrophes, major updates cant do and now a failure on 2 troops?

What about my piece of crap Yasmine?

As far as im concerned you released 3 half asses troops and 2 major updates GW and 3.1 as complete failures. At this rate you should quit like most of our guild members are doing. GoW needs to sort themselves out because this is embarrassing.

4 Likes

For frame of reference, this change makes her a clone of Nobend, except she’s strictly worse. Nobend has a random chance to do an AoE debuff on a predictable stat, or a huge explode, or AoE damage. Fizzbang has a random chance to do a single buff on a random target for a random stat, or a limited explode.

This comes across feeling like a knee-jerk panic change without thinking through the implications.

11 Likes

Really nerfed her into the ground huh? There was something fun there, that needed to be toned down, not obliterated.

I’d suggest anyone that spent a lot of Glory and is now Glory poor to put in a support ticket. Glory should definitely be refunded on this one.

1 Like

I’d be happy if they looked into wisps, they can get that feature as the goblins and basically can loop you until dead sometimes.

2 Likes

On the shelf she goes…

3 Likes

A glory refund probably wouldn’t be possible. You don’t just get the troop you also got gold, keys and traitstones and a lot of people would have already spent them and you can’t just give that stuff away for free.

3 Likes

In this case, they should at least give back some Glory on request. You’re right that there’s a lot of other stuff people get besides the card, but in this case it was clearly all about the card. Not like you needed to trait her for her to be effective.

I haven’t played that much recently, but from what little i did play, I only had 1 game out of about 20 or so where I saw any problem with fizzbang. The nerf brigade makes me sick. their mentality: “Something in the meta has changed. Lets head to the forum and ask for it to get set back to the same old boring crap we had before.”

That said. The one problem I saw with her was the stat boost when it hit on magic. Extra health/shields no problem. Extra attack, manageable. Extra magic though made the other stat boosts an unmanageable problem.

Explosion + extra turn wasn’t bad (neither are the wisps) at least not as bad as mana drain. But when those extra turns result in exponential growth in skill buffs…

Kudos to the dev that has given us the wisp and the pre-nerf Fizzzbang (at least I’m assuming both were designed by the same person). To the other devs designing the spells: Take note. these 2 troops came in and shook things up, unlike all the other garbage you release week in and week out. To the nerf brigade, thanks on making Gems boring again (/sarcasm)

P.S. Someone said that Fizzbang replaced ALL the other exploders in the game. She isn’t fast, so she doesn’t replace Ragnagord. She doesn’t generate souls so doesn’t replace TDS. And if they had taken the skill buff off then she wouldn’t be able to take skull hits all day, so doesn’t replace Gorgotha.

6 Likes

Hey, that’s a good point: At least Wisp and Fizzbang weren’t totally useless, like most of the weekly troops!

1 Like

Well, Fizzbang is now. :confused:

She is now more fizz than bang

3 Likes

I don’t mind that she was getting a nerf, but I rather keep her as she was than nerf her to the bottom of the sea…
smiley_badmood

5 Likes

Actually, having played against the new Fizzbang a few times, she’s definitely not fixed on defense. Still getting 1-turned. When the explode fires, she still fills everything. It just makes her worthless on offense and more RNG heavy on defense.

Worst possible nerf.

7 Likes

Yeah, tried her for a while this morning. She’s dull and boring now. Oooooh, I gave +Armor to one single unit at the bottom of my stack - that’s about the furthest away from “Wham! Bam! Kapow! Fizz! Bang!” as you can possibly get.

This is an awful, awful change.

4 Likes

1 Like

She has a use with gobs.
I actually lost a guild war : Nobend, Fizz, Fizz, Rocket.
The all fill fast, can explode, and have turns.
With the 4-match between extra turn, it still looped a lot, until Fizz cast on the rocket who then did 75 dmg per explosion, while Nobends got all my attack to 0.

There was luck involved, but ya, she’ll just be goblin support now (Which I think was intended) and not a replacement for all exploders in the game :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I an curious to hear the opinions of the peoe begging for a nerf all week.

Is this what you wanted? Are you happy now?

Now can we nerf wisp, mab, kraken, tds, and what the hell famine again?

Please someome explain to me how wrong i was and am… Tell me how nerfing things into the trash is good for the game.

6 Likes

Well umm…congrats on gimping her as an invade troop but doing literally nothing as an annoying defend troop?
I may be in the minority but it was super fun to have the explosion + extra turn. Honestly I would have removed her stat increase ability and even the Stealth trait and I wouldn’t have minded it at all. Still super-fun on invade but not as super-scary on defense. Just my 2 cents.

12 Likes

Sorry brudda, but I cant answer you. :disappointed_relieved:

1 Like