Power Gems šŸ’Ž Recruiting 29/30 - Guildwars Competitve Bracket #1 āš” a Top Tier Guild šŸ„‡ Spots Opening Sunday

We have a lot of fun! Consider joining us!

Wait list spots still available.

This is true. We play quiplash and make GoW references.

Nice Job, Cockatrice!

Possible Spot Sunday Fun Day get a hold of me if interested.

Bump recruiting 1 spot for right now! Need a member by next week for Bracket 1 GW.

We will have a spot available on Sunday, please start forwarding your resume to me for review :slight_smile:

Actually may have a second spot on Sunday as well (Thanks! Devs for helping make people want to quit :P)

Anyone out there looking?

Rise to the TOP donā€™t stop!

recruiting non-traitors

Hi, not looking for a guild at the moment but Iā€™m curious what happened to Power Gems. You guys passed us in the standings a few weeks ago and then stalled, when I look at the guild standings it shows only 13 members in Power Gems!

Iā€™m not here to razz you, my own guild has had hard times in the past too. Iā€™m just genuinely curious what happenedā€¦ your reference to ā€œnon-traitorsā€ makes me even more curious. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

How guilds come together and how they fall apart fascinates me and Iā€™m willing to share info about what works (and what doesnā€™t) in managing a guild. We especially have a lot of experience in the latter! :grin:

Respectfully,
LP :pig:

PS The guild Iā€™m in is HomeBound, weā€™re right next to you in the standings which is how I noticed your membership issueā€¦

Power Gems was a great guild with a ā€œfamilyā€ feel to it. The short answer to what happened - A perfect storm of several players announcing they were leaving due to real-life demands, a debate between players who wanted to push (hard) to be #1 (not just bracket 1) and those that were more ā€œcasually competitiveā€, the feeling of loss when friends announced they were leaving, and the resulting resignation of the guild leader mid-week. Subjectively, Iā€™d say that the stress caused by recent game changes already had some players at the tipping point, and the factors above pulled a few of them out of the game entirely.

Amazingly, enough, we were still strong enough that even with the loss of 3 members mid-week, we stayed in bracket #1 the following week, but the additional vacancies created by both the real-life demands and folks seeing the writing on the wall put us down to 23 players that week. I think we were at 18-19 the following week when I left.

I was only in there for about 3 months total, but it was really sad to see what happened, and so quickly.

2 Likes

That makes sense to me. When I joined HomeBound 6 months ago they were going thru the same thing. About 3 weeks after I joined the GM bailed on us with no notice.

I did everything I could to turn things around (except become GM :wink:) and when we eventually got a good GM at the beginning of July, he and I plus two others formed an ā€œadmin groupā€ and finally got things going the right direction. Even then, things didnā€™t start to really click until around Labor Day.

It was a lot of work to revive the Guild and Iā€™m always nervous that things will fall apart again. Weā€™ve been very lucky with the Update blowback, almost no one has left.

I think it was just a matter of timing, the update happened right when we were finally starting to do LTs and 40k Seals so morale was very high. Everyone hated the update but seem to have decided to ride it out. Still, disaster could be right around the corner! :grimacing:

If anyone still in Power Gems reads this, we could try to help out, for instance by giving you invite codes for players who get booted.

HomeBound is more of a ā€˜relaxed, have funā€™ Guild and obviously if we boot someone theyā€™re not one of our best! But we donā€™t have any leeches or dead loss players right now, just some who have trouble doing their GW matches. :roll_eyes:

If you invite right after we boot them they might joinā€¦ I know how hard it was to recruit when HomeBound was down to 23 (our lowest), so Iā€™m thinking any warm body might be appreciated right now?

Power Gems GM, if you exist and are interested DM me. Weā€™ve got one boot for sure tomorrow night, possibly two.

Hi, I am with Power Gems. Please DM me at Syngo2#4855 on discord.

1 Like

Estou buscando uma guild de alto desempenho e gostaria de me juntar a vocĆŖs. Sou um jogador dedicado e preciso aproveitar esse potencial em uma guild forte. Cumpro todos os requisitos para ser recrutado. TIAGOTLJ_8RVD