Possible Treasure Hunt Tweak?

We all agree that PvP gives more of certain resources, specifically gold & souls. That’s not a point of contention.

The point is about whether maps can outperform PvP in some specific areas - and they absolutely can.

1 Like

Yeah I just did 2 maps and those red chests are giving 50 souls. I need those too but the glory is like crack.

First map was 33 moves and 10 glory.
Second was 44 moves and 20 glory.

The brown and green chests can give 2 and 6 glory each? The red and vault should give how many once its fixed?

I think @Mr.Strange played us by only changing the on screen graphic and not the actual payouts for those red chests and vaults :beers:

1 Like

Not consistently, they can’t. That’s really what it comes down to. This is a game where time is the ultimate resource. Every minute spent has real value in terms of game currency. You can spend that time doing other mini-games that will guaranteed pay out a certain amount.

Or you can play the treasure map slot machine and hope for the best.

You have bodied these maps. Your opinion of them from a strictly glory point of view?

14 glory from 46 moves in 3rd map.

1 Like

English please. LOL

póg mo thóin

1 Like

Ich spreche nur Englisch und ein bisschen Deutsch.

1 Like

Das ist wunderbar

1 Like

Wirklich nicht. Ich lebe nicht in Deutschland seit 20 Jahren.

1 Like

Ich bin nicht Deutsch . Ich komme aus Irland

1 Like

Question: But don’t guild leaders have to buy the maps to make them go away, or does everyone work around soul & map tasks? In other words, won’t players get maps from their guild whether they contribute towards them or not? How to make them go away to make room for gem mastery tokens, keys, and gems?

You just ignore the map and soul task and the 3rd slot keeps cycling between tokens, keys and gems.

2 Likes

Oh, so that makes it incredibly easy to complete that one slot’s task if everyone focuses on that slot alone. Lightbulb goes off, lol. Thanks.

Exactly. :slight_smile:

Yeah, the only problem is when lots of people are playing, you sometimes get goofy errors when two or more people are trying to complete the task at the same time. I always get credit for my donation, but I’m not always sure that the guild is getting all the rewards…

People want to be able to use them faster, not be rewarded more. I would happily “bet” 10 maps at once if it mean improving my rewards as if I played the same match 10x. As it stands, I could not possibly spend all of my stored up maps.

But then again, I wouldn’t expect the troll of the GoW Steam forums to understand this.

YOU would know wouldn’t you. ;))

EXPLORE is for LATE gamers Anna. Treasure hunts are also but not like you all want it. If you want the treasure you have to WORK for it like us newbies do. ONE map at a time.

Whoever heard of going on a treasure hunt and getting 10x the treasure that is there just because they had 10 maps to that treasure. Be sensible about it. :))

They didn’t get to the treasure box either and say I’ll give you 10 of my maps for your treasure chest boxy :slight_smile:

But IT IS if you’re trying to get good cards before you LEVEL UP. Many of you just like in the game are just simpletons about it. SLOW LEVELING is to the newbies advantage if he wants good cards before he gets into the higher level matches which he WILL be outmatched in if he doesn’t have good cards.

By waiting I beat a 435 level on DEFENSE that’s the AI playing not me. Now I’d say I have some pretty damn good cards by treasure hunting and slow playing and waiting on the good stuff. You mention time as a currency. All we have is time when we play this game. You chose to spend it here. Spend it like it was INTENDED to be spent not like YOU want it to be spent in YOUR favor.

I want maps to stay singular, one at a time because that’s the way the dev’s made it to be. :))

I already am accumulating more maps than I can spend but do you hear me “complaining” about it or asking the devs to make it where I can use them to my advantage and get more of something for less TIME spent in the game? No. I play the games as intended not try to get the devs to make them like “I” want them. (Note: Don’t try to use the game was intended to level fast, you’re just jealous because you didn’t think of it first.) :slight_smile:

I’ve also discovered how to get them with only 1pt of xp gained and gold keys very fast too. :)) With Val I know a challenge that will yield max souls and NO XP. :slight_smile: I will have the best and strongest cards evah at the low level ranks. :))

Oh and spending GLORY on souls is a great way to level up cards also. Since I’m hanging out in newbieville for a long long time I’m not in a hurry for a lot of trait stones or other cards. I have a good team now just need Famine and I’ll be ready to level a little. :)) A little. ;))

This is great news for ME :slight_smile: I’ll be able to buy more souls than I can shake a stick at with glory now. :))

lol treasure hunt is not late game. unless for you a lv30 is a late game content rofl…
you got some good cards only coz a guild was kind enough to accept your pace with you just meeting lowest requirements they have set. Nobody is jelous of your slow growth minimal line going. you sap your own masteries, traitstones, glory, souls and gold gain just for the sake of feeling more comfortable, so be it, but guess what - most players feel comfortable just growing faster and beating the game :wink: honestly your tactic is sapping even your guild growth which i find sad not a braggable matter.

Getting back to the treasure hunt tweak subject stop exaggerating with a 10x reward for 10x maps nobody is so unreasonable, we would accept a reasonable rates whereas the time farming those extra maps would still take more then the extra rewards from turning them in one bunch.