Pop goes the Weasel

Maybe and just maybe, her spell should have a small chance (10%) to backfire and turn either herself or an ally into a Giant Toadstool! :upside_down_face: Or something equally strange…

This would certainly mitigate spamming of her spell.

2 Likes

How bout a 50% chance to explode, and a 50% chance to jumble the board? Won’t stop the looping, but would slow it down considerably. Might even split it 33%, and add green spawn.

2 Likes

Maybe 50% split between current spell and Mongo’s ‘something random happens’.

Please not more randomness to “fix” this, rather increase her manacost significantly to prevent chaincasts, or literally anything else but more rng.
With how cascades work right now and at least dozens of overperforming teams i don’t see a necessity to drastically nerf this particular one, but if you do for the love of the game not with more randomness…

2 Likes

I got Yasmine’s Chosen to loop herself six times in a row in GW today, and that’s with a mana cost in the twenties. :wink:

What would fizzbanga’s need to be to stop chain casts?

1 Like

Yasmine creates her own gem colour, the troops are not comparable. Fizzbang mostly already only fully refills with cascading extra matches after the explosions, so it would not take that much of a higher cost on average to prevent full fills.
Anyways personally i don’t see a big problem in the troop, still win around ~90% of my games against them, with different teams so i don’t think huge nerfs are needed.
Cascades right now make everything a toss up anyways so it is all whatever, but i prefered the troop to not be made useless or random if nerfs are coming for her.

If it’s really that big of an issue, then there are plenty of ways to fix the stat gain without ruining her “fun factor”:

• Restrict it to hitting Life, Attack, or Armor; remove Magic as an option. (probably the most reasonable and effective “sanity check” option)
  • Remove the “double if it’s a goblin” bonus. (arguably necessary regardless of other changes? would involve more discussion…)
  • Reduce the amount of stat gained. (the “easy” option but probably the least impactful)

Hell, she’d probably be just as fun even without the stat gain at all - her glee and joy comes from the explosion linking into an extra turn to leverage the outcome of the explosion, and that’s glorious. Anything else is just gravy.

4 Likes

Change Fizzbang from Explode to Destroy. Then she only generates Green mana. Still useful combo with most of the goblins, but no loop to infinite power.

1 Like

I have been enjoying using her and fighting against her. If the Devs gonna nerf her to the bottom as some of the suggestion wants we can say farewell to the Goblins for a 2nd time. Keep her as she is, but take away that skill she gives to a random troop when using her spell. I could have lived with that.

2 Likes

I know she is fun. But I still can’t accept an exploder with an extra turn as a good idea.
The closest was the rocket!

4 Likes

Goblin Rocket says it can work. Clearly she just needs like 50% less explosion.

Removing Stealthy from her arsenal is good because we more easily avoid the scenario where she continuously buffs herself, if she’s the only one left alive.

I would suggest exploding a set number of green gems, like five or six or something. Maybe lower the cost slightly to compensate, to 13 or something.

And obviously Grapplepot is bonkers in terms of damage. Full Goblin team, 35 damage. Only herself, still 26 damage. Even taking off the current bonuses, that’s going to be 31-33 and 22-24 respectively. And then even more damage if the other team has Goblins, which is a neat feature and lore-appropriate, but scary dangerous. (Please nerf Krystenax in the same area while we’re at it…)

1 Like

I just had a Fizzbang fail to bang. She gave attack to one of my troops but no gems exploded. Her text still says she explodes, so I am not sure what to make of this. @Saltypatra, yet-unannounced change, or a weird bug?

is there green on the board?

Yeah. 10 of them. Her second cast went off just fine, though, so it was a weird bug.

Nope! Nerf to the Princess. In four casts she has failed to explode on three occasions. The time she did explode I didn’t notice a stat boost. Text still reads the old version.

Maybe that’s why she didn’t explode even though the text said so.

1 Like

Sadly back to having to look at the screen while playing…

3 Likes

It’s announced, there’s a thread about it:

1 Like

1 Queen G from 50 chests… Which is fine by me, but it took a looong time to save those 50 keys.
*Wrong thread… Im an eedyat.