Poll about playing everyday or not

5 per day are superior to 10 in 2 days with tickets in my opinion.

With 5 battles universal limitation every guild has the SAME chance to win.
With tickets a hardcore guild will dominate with ease. They can coordinate that its memebers do 3 battles against some mid to lower tier guild, and win, and the next they they could use 8 battles per member to beat a guild thats equal in strength with them.

Have you thought about how much coordination and work ticket system would need if you want to maximize their use?

1 Like

No, you are misunderstanding @Sirrian. It’s not that you get to split the 10 tickets as you see fit, you still only get to use 5 of them for guild 1 and 5 of them for guild 2. It’s just that you get one extra (rolling) day to fight a guild.

So my questions stands, how is this inferior to the 5-per-day?

So it would still be 5 fights a day? O.o

Considering the chance of missing/getting less of the exclusive rewards concerns you and others due the restriction of five battles a day. Then a server issue that could impact all the players would probably make it worse i think… And if the game keeps growing, we all hope for it i’m sure, then it’s sort of bound to happen at some point.

Surely having the freedom to do all battles after the server issues could cover that up, depending of the time/day the issue occurs, but we could assume that some people could just as well lose their chance the same way because the only day/hour they had to do all the battles was during this unfortunate problem.

I just claim that there are unforessen events that could prevent people from doing their scheduled five battles for the day, but there are also issues that could happen on your suggested/desired design as well.

So as much as the pressure for results goes, either choice has it’s flaws, and maybe the major issues will be how people handle the competitivity of the Guild’s War in the end.

That’s how I understood it. You’d essentially get 5 yellow tickets on day 1, 5 blue tickets on day 2, etc.(That’s probably not exactly right…) You’d still have the same number of potential battles against the exact same guilds, you’d just have a little more flexibility in when you’d have to do them.

I returned to Sirrians post about it and saw i missred it. With tickets, you are allowed to fight in the war that started 1 day ago (do those 5 battles with 1 day latency, and after still do 5 more battles for the current day war)

I stand corrected, it is much superior to 5 a day system.

2 Likes

No. I guess maybe this is where the confusion is coming from. Let me try to explain (my interpretation) of Sirrian’s alternative solution:

• Day 1 of GW: You get 5 tickets
  • Day 2 of GW: You get another 5 tickets. However many of the first 5 (from Day 1) that you didn’t use, get’s added to this additional 5 tickets. So if you didn’t use any, you now have 10 tickets (5 of which you can use against your guild opponent from Day 1 and 5 of which you can use against your guild opponent from day 2).
  • Day 3 of GW: You get another 5 tickets. Any of the original 5 tickets from day 1 that you haven’t used are lost. You can now use any of the 5 tickets from Day 2 that you haven’t already used to fight the Guild from day 2. You can use any of the tickets from Day 3 to fight the guild opponent from day 3.

So, in essence, the 5 tickets you get each day can still only be used against the Guild Opponent you get matched against on the same day, it’s just you get an additional 24 hours to use them.

Hopefully, that clears thing up a bit and I haven’t made things more confusing. :smiley:

Edit: Lol you beat me to the punch

2 Likes

Yay! We agree again! And all is right with the world (well, GoW anyway…well this part of GoW anyway lol)
:heart_eyes_cat:

1 Like

Yeah that brings up a great point, there should have been 5 options in this poll. With the fifth being, who is Sirrian and what is Guild Wars?

4 Likes

I’m in favor of the Battle Tickets (i mentioned it in the second thread for the Sneak Peek created by Sirrian), i think it’s flexible enough to cover expected and unexpected issues on the player’s end. Stretching it to “30 tickets and do as you please” might not be very safe/desirable on the developers’s end.
I could be wrong but still…

2 Likes

Look, Guild Wars is a hardcore system for hardcore players. If you aren’t one, and aren’t in a guild surrounded by others that are also hardcore, then you won’t do the best. You can still do okay and get rewards, but you won’t do the best.

Frankly, I think it’s preposterous that people think you should be able to play casually and compete competitively. That’s nonsense.

2 Likes

Yep we agree, it allows players to make up for accidental 1 day absence.
Making it higher then 10 ticket would be stupid tho, but 10 seems perfect for me.
At first i thought it would be open for exploit, thats why i disagreed, but i misunderstood that part.

1 Like

Let this be a lesson to me that instead of digging my heels in and just fighting, taking a second to ask a question might prove much more fruitful. I was really confused why you and I weren’t seeing eye-to-eye on this. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I should add, I’m also really worried about a vocal minority effect here. It seems like a couple of people have been extremely vocal about their preference, but it’s not clear to me that that’s what most people want or is best for the game.

Also, biased poll is biased, and putting a caveat underneath it doesn’t remove this bias. I think it would be best to shut this one down and phrase it in a much more unbiased way if we want to take it seriously. That doesn’t mean we’re getting more than the vocal minority opinion, but it would certainly help.

1 Like

What you’re reading as bias is actually a language issue.

Which is why Ogunther had to word it better to begin with.

As in, I don’t believe English is the first language here.

2 Likes

2 Likes

Doesn’t matter if it’s intended or not. And the fact that there’s wording underneath the poll doesn’t make it less biased. People read a poll and vote based on what they read. Clarity is absolutely paramount in polling.

Well I don’t think we’re voting for the President here, but sure yeah.

You should start one if you want.

I think the Devs take these with a grain of salt anyways. You can’t take these things serious because they only represent a tiny fraction of the player-base. Even if the results were 75% are fine with what was proposed that wouldn’t mean it should still be executed, know?

1 Like

Dev’s will use the database of player data to make these decisions. The forum is just a very small sample of the real players.

However, once a game goes from “Choice to play everyday” to “Must play everyday” you have now turned “fun” into “work”.

Especially if guilds REQUIRE this to be in them. This will cause a ripple effect across top guilds and separate the hardcore from the softcore even more.

3 Likes

Where are you pulling this from? This is in direct contrast to what Sirrian has said.

[Emphasis mine] While I agree (and Sirrian appears to, as well) that hardcore guilds will reap more rewards, he’s specifically says it needs to work for all guilds of all play styles. So why do you feel differently. I think you might be reading what you want into what Sirrian has said.

1 Like