Please Devs answer me so i shut lol

I’m simply at the point where it was said something would be shared. So… Where is it? Even a “we changed our minds” while being the last thing anyone wants to hear is still better than silence.

Ok… GW had to be fixed for mobile… But what about before… Or after now that it is fixed.

3 Likes

The one good thing is were all in the same boat. Noone has an advantage over anyone else :sunglasses:

1 Like

I don’t see how you want to figure out three different parameters from one unique score… Or 5 parameters if color and number of alive troops have been tweaked…

One side of my brain is telling “let’s do a boycott of this GW”, the other one “nobody will follow”…

2 Likes

I thought Sirrian made a clear statement on that some the point factors would be hidden RNG. For us to figure out if we were able to, of course. Did I read what he said so wrongly?

I am afraid you are right.

1 Like

I gave 1 example… What determines speed… Another… Will a fast high mana team doing lots of damage offset losing a troop so would Bombots or Sacrifice become viable choices. I certainly don’t want to trial and error that and I’m not looking for specific percentages but if the talk is to make more builds viable well insight would help. Otherwise nothing will have changed.

Another… Does the max score for the day have a cap? Do these other new factors let you reach this if you ran less than 4 of the same color?

We don’t have a clue and it would be nice to have one before it starts.

4 Likes

Also what was wrong with

• start with 4 same color
  • finish with 4 alive

It was too simple? So we had to complicate it wiith 4 new rules

2 Likes

Maybe not enough RNG?

3 Likes

I don’t see why devs gave all details about the color bonus and the “troops alive” one and not for the other ones…
So if they didn’t give any informations, it’s only because they didn’t finish to tweak the numbers.

It will be either:

• a last-minute explanation of the new rules
  • a “Sorry let’s put new rules next week so we have time to tweak them”
  • they are going to test this week and observe/ninja-tweak so it’s better to not give numbers right now. But with the recent “lack of information” riot, I think it’s the worst idea. Ever.
2 Likes

At this point let’s give a trophy to everyone for the participation and remove the points cause it doesn’t matter everyone win

1 Like

Sorry, I don’t have the information about how new GW scoring works.

Otherwise I would have posted in here about it.

Why all this exgegerator or what the word is called?.. :stuck_out_tongue:

That would be Ricky calmly voicing what most people are thinking because from the private messages I’ve been involved with, there is a huge amount of frustration right now.

At least it was an answer.

1 Like

Looking forward for @Sirrian giving a similar answer, like nobody knows WTF is going on with GW scoring :stuck_out_tongue: .

Definitely not the good word

1 Like

I’m sorry… I just cant help but to chuckle here…

How many people were begging for the rng to be removed frim GW? How many wanted it to be “more fair”? How many were not happy with the GW scoring system?

Well they changed the scoreing system to try and make everyone (except me and a small few others) happy and what happens? They won’t or can’t (doesnt really matter) tell us how exactly the scores are determined and someone is saying boycott and give everyone participation trophies while others are pissed that they dont know ahead of time exactly how to get a “perfect score”…

Whats funny to me is the people angry now are for the most part the same people who were yelling loudest to change everything and at the same time telling me my opinion doesn’t count because its not “constructive” and “argumentative” and that i am no more than a mere troll…

So yeah i cant help but sit and chuckle at the outrage over the scoreing changes… And just think, if GW had been left alone as was my suggestion from jump, well… We wouldnt be having this discussion now would we and everyone could just go on thinking i am stupid and not worthy to speak (although some will undoubtedly still feel that way) and i will fight my GW battles tomorrow and do my best and be given the best score i can get and i will be happy with that… Good luck to all tomorrow and dont say i didnt warn ya…

6 Likes

No outrage. But if you make a point to say that a reason for these changes are to encourage more diverse play then it would only be polite to give an indication as to how I might be able to play something different than before. Like I said, I’m not going to trial and error with Bombots or Sacrifice without a hint that they’re viable.

There’s more but at this point I’ll simply keep it to myself.

1 Like

Many of you begged for an answer, and you got one from Nimhain. It may not have been the answer you wanted, but she clearly apologised and said she wasn’t able to post anything. The work day isn’t even half way through, so that doesn’t preclude one of from writing a post up later in the day regarding how the scoring works.

It is exactly this kind of behaviour that negatively affects the dev team. This sort of harsh language and calling out doesn’t make anyone’s life easier when we are all working hard on the game, whether it be designing troops or features, fixing bugs, updating calculations, supporting players or posting on social.

If we ever don’t post anything there is a good reason, even if sometimes that reason is that we got overwhelmingly busy with something unexpected. In this case, it is likely due to the fact that it is not even lunch time here and we are taking care of high priority tasks first and foremost.

10 Likes

Well said @Saltypatra! Dont worry, there are some of us that are backing up the dev team on this one😎 thank you for all the hard work by all the devs to make this game i love! Real talk

2 Likes

I am sure that we are all aware that the team is working hard and that a small team can’t do everything and has to determine some priorities.
But wouldn’t it have been faster and easier to say: “We are busy but will post more details later” or “We are not planning to say anything more” than to leave us in uncertainty?
Or delay GW if time was too short and you were not ready? Especially since many mobile players won’t be able to level their sentinels and set their defense team before GW start and will have an unfair disadvantage for their first day.

It is obvious that seeing people complaining is not pleasant and encouraging. But it seems to me that it is more useful to the team to point out to them the bugs or what some players think work wrong or could be improved. If we didn’t care, we wouldn’t say anything and just move on to another game.

We are not kids misbehaving, we are customers.

6 Likes

It’s not an issue of Guild Wars not being ready. We are happy with the small changes we were able to implement and there may be bigger ones in the future after we see how the following weeks pan out.

1 Like