Pet parents - show us your pets!

Love your cat names! :smile_cat:

1 Like

Thanks! Nala has other colourful names, but I won’t repeat them here lol :sweat_smile:

1 Like

my beverly standing guard
wearing her favorite sweater
and in her favorite sleeping spot

22 Likes

haha :smiley:

1 Like

I befriended a wild pigeon and named him Obadiah.

24 Likes

That is awesome!

One of our new bunnies

1 Like

And look its the elusive @Vangor in his natural habitat. Be careful not to disturb him as he may be hangry!

2 Likes

Did you forget to post a picture?

1 Like

Happy Caturday!

15 Likes

yes it appears my phone didnt upload it…

17 Likes

how did you manage that?

2 Likes

He’s for the birds. Managed it on a wing and a prayer. Quite a feather in his cap, I would say.

5 Likes

Well, it actually started when he was just an egg, laid in a flowerpot that his parents took over on my balcony.

After hatching, I paid close attention. Since I was working from home at the time, I would go outside and hang out with him when his parents weren’t around.

One day, when his parents showed up to feed him, he got so excited he fell out of the nest and the parents just sat there not knowing what to do with their excited little son running around beeping for food at them.

Having heard a million wives tales about birds killing their children if they get ‘human smell’ on them, I was nervous to try this, but I slipped outside and carefully lifted the little birdy back into the nest and backed away.

It was like a movie director called ‘ACTION!’ because immediately the parents hopped into the nest and started feeding their kid.

That began what became a really fun relationship. I never treated him like a pet and he never acted like one. He learned to fly, started roosting out at other places with pigeons, but every day he’d show up and hang out with me, he’d fly into my office and perch on my head or my monitor and watch me work for a few hours before taking off and going back to doing what birds do when they’re not hanging out with me.

I often wished I could put a little camera on his head so I could see where he went and what he did but really, I loved that I had a wild bird that hung out with me.

16 Likes

amazing story :smiley:

btw expect pidgeon nest at your balcony next year… if you keep that pot :grin:

2 Likes

This feels like a thread that needs to be necroed. Was going through my phone today and found the shelter mug shot of my cat:

8 Likes

^ My buddy Benny, always awaiting for me to come home everyday.

11 Likes

while we are on cats, here is ours. Her name is bae.

12 Likes

This is my cat!! :kissing_cat:

3 Likes

The original Sunday Funday tribute:

Here we are 1 day before he passed away… I was taking him to the vet. Yes Parker loved being outside on a leash and enjoyed bike rides:

10 Likes

Love beardies

1 Like