PC/Mobile: 3.1 Patch Notes

iPhone 6 here. Crashes repeatedly while PvPing. The game is so unreliable now that I’ve given up playing on Mobile until the stability can be corrected; PC is safer.

1 Like

You get Jewels free every day. Those can be used for Summong Stones. That’s extra free troops.

You get Diamonds free every day. That’s free mythics.

You can convert other, less-needed traitstones to Arcanes. That’s free Arcanes.

These are all unarguable facts that are equally true for all players. And none of these were true before this update. The only difference is the rate of progress for your stage of play. Which is exactly the way it should be.

It’s much more difficult to assess the Tasks rework vs Crafting, but noobs are not in strong guilds giving them tons of resources. So I suspect it’s not a big issue. Whereas, on the other extreme, some guilds were completing like 30 legendary tasks per week. They’re going to be fine. And that doesn’t account for 4x speed. If we take them at their word, 4x speed more than offsets the resource reduction. And I’m certain the hardcore PvP grinders making millions of gold per week will be using 4x speed.

It is not true. The difference with x4 speed on PC was not significant.

1 Like

That defies logic. There’s simply no way a 4x boost to animation speeds results in the same match completion time.

1 Like

Oh, and I did a lot of explores last night to grind triatsobes while leveling Soulforge and it’s a LOT more than 20-25% faster. Feels closer 50%. PvP is obviously going to be less the case since you can’t Bombot your way through it but, at the very least, traitstones are now much easier to grind for.

Check @actreal’s thread.
I thought when the Unity update was released that the guilds would increase their number of weekly trophies. I was wrong. The increase only lasted 2-3 days.
The number of weekly trophies has more or less remained the same so far.

2 Likes

You don’t take into account the lag generated :smiley: Sometimes 4x could be slower than 1x
(an annoyed mobile player)

3 Likes

And no speed up for the loading time…
And time for thinking for the players still the same…

1 Like

The “free” Diamonds are a percentage chance. It’s entirely possible to go days without getting a single Diamond if you don’t choose to spend either Gems or real money for them.

2 Likes

As they said, the difference isn’t as big for PvP where you need to think, but explore farming is so much faster because it’s completely mindless.

I’ll try and do some more thorough analysis next Sunday but there has been an increase since Unity on PC and I expect a further increase once mobile gets (and gets used to) the speed increase. On a quick rough look now, PC only Unity looks like around 10%-15% increase, so with mobile as well we could see 20%-25%, consistent with Sirrian’s guild task nerf. I would be very surprised if the guild task nerf wasn’t based on some solid statistics about gold earning.

Edit: In agreement with Aelthwyn, there was definitely a peak increase right after the Unity release on PC that dipped back in the next couple of weeks but now with 2 months of data there’s definitely an overall increase in trophy earning.

7 Likes

Yes, an analysis would be interesting. There are definitely some guilds who are pushing some weeks to reach a specific goal (get the million trophies, pass a rival guild…) while in other guilds like Intrim or Anonymous the number of trophies has remained more or less constant. It would be interesting to see what is the general trend.

I am less optimistic and think that the nerf of the tasks is mainy convenient. Less rewards so less chances to get mythics outside of crafting, so more reasons to buy ressources.

9 Likes

I agree completely. Maybe their accountants know something I don’t but I feel that this could really turn people off.

3 Likes

I’m definitely going to try and adjust for “push weeks” to get some sort of baseline for pre-Unity, PC-Unity (and full Unity eventually). Often I just ignore the heavy-hitting guilds for measuring trends as the rest of the Top 50 are more constant week to week. :wink:

Actually, I might wait until I’ve got a few weeks of post mobile Unity data though - see how I go.

I have my cynical days too, but I would suggest considering whether you’d rather 4x speed and a guild task nerf, or being stuck with only 1x speed. I know what my preference is. :slight_smile:

1 Like

PvP battles are pretty mindless as well. GW is the only time where you can’t breeze through with 4x speed.

I think there’s a pretty clear solution: Require 20% more gold from your guild. If it’s 20% faster then you’re breaking even in terms of the time invest you’re requiring, which is what it all boils down to in the end.

Guild mates are naturally inclined to stop whenever they hit the req. I suspect that’s a big part of why the contributions didn’t go up. People were just playing less total time.

Don’t start playing Destiny then lmao. You can only do the raids once per week with an even larger drop pool. Took 6 months sometimes to get the drop you wanted, some people NEVER ended up getting the wepaon/armor they wanted.

2 Likes

Never got my gjallarhorn…

3 Likes

But 3 times every day. This is another way to try and keep the daily attachment to the game.

This would have been preferable to reducing the rewards while adding more Gem sinks.

I don’t mind if crafting a Mythic takes a lot of days, my current chances of droping one in random glory/gem chests for troops of a new kingdom when it appears would take much longer and with no guarantee that it would be any missing mythic.

But not getting 20 diamonds after defeating the daily Boss Dungeon is surely upseting. 20 Diamonds at least should drop at 100% chance. Also i wish disenchanting Mythics would wield some Diamonds and Shards for us. It would reduce the time frame, just a little yeah, while also giving purpose for the extra copies of Mythics you don’t need.

12 Likes