PC/Mobile 3.0.5 Patch Notes

I see BD in PvP from time to time and he is always a joke… More often then not he fills the board with skulls and doesnt match any effectively handing me the win… Now famine will be in that catagory as well as kerby and next? Who knows

I’m days ahead with my opinions here since I’ve been playing the test version… I am a little surprised that some of this made it to live, to be honest.

I think my main issue is the troop filters. There’s no reason that should be this way on PC/Mobile. I know Consoles don’t have cursors or touchscreens like we do, but having to input that many commands is extremely frustrating - especially when we shouldn’t have it this way and used to have a system that worked a lot better. Keep the ‘filters’ window if you must, but the arrows… god no… bring back our drop-downs pleeeease… Seriously though, I used to use the ‘search’ box at the bottom all the time and I can’t do it on a whim anymore because its just stuck in there. /sigh

The other main issue I would have to say is the itty-bitty chat box we have now.

7 Likes

Of course, almost everything else is awesome.
Praised be the speed setting. Praised be the ability to tab out without it pausing the game

2 Likes

I’m not sure why those against certain changes think lack of debate is the best option? Personally I like hearing both sides of the discussion, since it can help to clarify the issue, and highlight certain nuances that might change how people think. I also think that if there were more moderate voices speaking up on the side of Famine the changes might not have been as significant. But when the message is “there’s no problem so don’t touch it”, you leave the devs with suggestions of a significant nerf or no nerf, and very little in the middle. Either way, at the end of those conversations, expecting everybody to be in agreement is a bit naive.

As for the next nerf topics, I’m also interested to see how the meta adapts and what pops up now. Personally, I think the Famine nerf has brought it down to a point where it’s still one of the strongest options, just not THE option. I’m hopeful that we’ll move from 2-3 viable meta defenses to 5-6 now. I also don’t really see many significantly overpowered troops like before, so I think the next few changes requests are going to be for buffs, and to widen the meta by promoting troops from below. But we’ll see what happens :wink:

1 Like

I love the speed increase, but mainly because I look at how it will benefit my farming :wink: . Hadn’t really considered how this might affect guild requirements going forward, so this is a really good observation. Hopefully it isn’t too detrimental, but I fear your concerns are justified :fearful:

2 Likes

I take it you are exaggerating. I don’t really see how draining all my mana , dealing damage and melting my first troop can backfire . A Famine cast will be a good cast 100% of the time.

As for Bone Dragon, we still see it down in the lower brackets where Mythic Troops are more rare. Not too great in the hands of the A.I, but still a threat for sure. And the troop is still good enough for an attack team, which should suffice.
I don’t think beeing badly handled by the AI should be a criteria to say that a Troop is bad.

I have to agree with most of your points you have presented. Especially the grind aspect and the neglected PvP rewards system.

I’m limited to only mobile play on WiFi while home. I fell from a rank of 80 to over 8k in ranking in about 9 hours. Its not a grief,complaint,or whine just an observation.

Others have been critical about the 1 troop defense and its effect towards integrity and I’m not so sure that this feature doesn’t fall into that category. I’m a down to earth pragmatist and I do not see this as having a healthy impact to enjoyability of the game.

I appreciate your point even if i disagree. That being said i am done with this topic because the nerf is done and wont be changed now so no point really arguing about it.

That being said, there have been a few big changes made recently that have upset me quite a bit. The 1TD “fix” and resulting issue being top of my list. This just adds to what i see as the decline of a game i really love. It is a shame because at this point i am one bad decision by the devs from uninstalling this game altogether and that makes me sad

1 Like

So true, lets move on, what is done is done.

Shazam!

1 Like

@Saltypatra i beg you please fix this small chat window, its so small that on a big computer screen i CANT and dont wanna read it coz my eyes hurt :frowning:
not even gonna imagine what it will do to a mobile xd

3 Likes

Heh we didnt get it on mobile yet… In fact we didnt get any of the cool things this update brought to pc. We only got the nerfs…

1 Like

Its much to look forward to, it was just the two nerfs that was a hard fist over the face for me. I dont care about little chatroom nor other small pompets, but I understand that some does.

And yeah, I want to refund my Famine, so hopefully refund will be available soon. :wink:

1 Like

wegot the cool fast button and im liking the 4x

too bad that all out-of-battle animations got doubled

i dont get why on earth they decided to display the text after the image when i collect anything? i wanna click to skip the animation then it still is not skipped!

1 Like

On the issue of chat windows (too small!) - is it necessary that the buttons constantly move?
I know it’s a personal issue of mine, but I don’t like it when things are constantly moving around when they have no business moving around.
Why are these arrows trying to get my attention? “Hey, look at me, you can expand me to get to the blocklist! - No, click me, you can access the channel list!”

2 Likes

Yeah the 4x speed is the part i really wanted and… No dice. Well i guess it will come "soon"™

2 Likes

I have tested 4x speed, its a good option. I will soon test 2x, I like to have a chance to see the gems movement.

1 Like

what do you mean by a dice?

2 Likes

Oh quit rubbing it in @Eika

1 Like

@Annaerith i apologize no dice is an American expression meaning “lt didnt happen”

3 Likes

Nothing good has been brought to pc. This patch is a disaster.
The game is already slow on mobile, with those changes it won’t probably start or take even longer to load.