PC/Mobile 3.0.5 Patch Notes

I don’t think a date for that is yet announced.
Though i might have missed it myself.

1 Like

Thanks. Kinda hope its soon. Playing ps4 at 4x speed, then moving to mobile at its normal settings, and it feels so slow it is almost painful.

Hey All,

Just another small update we have pushed out, it contains the following features and bug fixes

• Reduced memory usage on older devices and on lower graphics settings (after restarting the game)
  • Chat no longer logs in at the start of the game if you have previously chosen to disconnect
  • Connect to chat confirmation dialog
  • Automatically detects and adjusts graphics settings on first load
  • Fixed settings not saving when they are set to a default value (i.e blur not saving as off when it hasn’t been set before, when the default value is 2).
  • Fixed possible crash when an error occurs in the user’s data. Game should now exit gracefully
5 Likes

Slightly odd (minor) issue this morning: on world map I have a flashing ‘!’ on the PvP button. When I enter PvP menu I get this ‘nil results’ pop up. If I exit back to the world map, the ‘!’ is still there, and entering repeats the empty pop up. And so on.

Haha no, say that to Orion or Arthema.

This is the first time (I think) that functionality on Steam and mobiles has diverged. I believe from past comments by devs that the mobile part is usually slower, because of:

• working with the huge range of devices and specs, esp on Android
  • optimising and tweaking for the smaller screens
  • lengthy approval processes with Apple and Google

My guess would be the mobile update will be another month or two.

2 months at 4x slower game speed? Wow, thank God I’m not playing on mobile :smiling_imp:

@Alpheon @Sirrian

Got this odd error on the GW Results page… no results showing…!

GW should be back up again according to Nimhain, and my GW seems to be fixed now. So if @Jainus is getting Day 3 opponents and still having that result screen there might be another issue.

Indeed, I have done my five GW battles for Redday (an unenjoyable meta grind as ever). Attack screen worked fine. Results screen is blank.

That empty result screen is a thing from before 3.0.5.
Used to happen every now and then, one just has to reenter the guild/guildwars menu.

1 Like

I don’t understand the hype about this 4x speed setting. For me, even the 1,5x setting makes the game unenjoyable for me.

Had that happen to me too a few times before the update. Root cause seems to be a communication error with the server, in such situations it will usually also show a “Defense Victories: 0, Defense Defeats: 0” screen. Backing out of the guild screen and reentering it again tends to correct it.

It’s utterly fantastic. I used to go into a bad mood whenever the AI kept juggling gems extra turn after extra turn after extra turn. Not because I was losing but because it was annoying to be forced to watch it, like an extended commercial break during a good movie. So much better now, wouldn’t mind the speed slider to be located right on the battle screen though.

2 Likes

I feel you. I wish you could change the AI’s speed to x4, but keep x1 during your turn.

1 Like

Is the issue with GW, the fact that difficulty was showing and being applied to GW? I just lost 3 rounds because of that (and you can’t retreat btw had to force quit the app)…Then a patch just came out…and voila…the Difficulty screen is not showing on the GW attack dialog.

at least they can chat :sweat_smile:

the chat window got a bit bigger but still totally too smal for me, i need bigger font

While on mobile, I can set the guild announcement to more than 40 characters (which is nice), but we got something new due to PC being on Unity now. I think PC got a longer text box within Unity, because I have a few lines of text where someone said something long (longer than the previous limits within the game), and what it did was lower the font size until it fit on one line. I even have one that was too long for one line, so the font size is halved and it looks like 2 lines of text, all within the normal 1 line on mobile.

Thanks - good to know. I was hoping more like days/weeks…

I had better start managing my expectations.