Our best memories when it comes to Games and Soundtrack!

Grandia! Oh my… it was my first RPG I played on PlayStation. Loved it!

Speaking of RPG, Ragnarok Online is also very memorable for me. Played RO since I was in middle school until first year in college. I skipped school sometimes to play it in public internet cafe lol. Got hospitalized once when I grind my ass off to reach level 99 too. So many memories… Haha.

Here’s the main theme song, Theme of Prontera. I’d love to just sit outside Prontera and do nothing but listen to this song. :smiley:

Yes it was great. The battle system was very cool :slight_smile: . I was quite sad that the devs chose Grandia 2 for Grandia Anniversary…

Damnit, I was gonna put Wild Arms on here, best PSX theme ever… but @turintuor beat me to it!

Back when the game was released, I wrote lyrics for Melodies of Life in Portuguese as well =p I don’t remember much of it, though

2 Likes

I am still listening to it from time to time…

Me neither! FF7 has the best OST for me. I could play most of the tunes on my keyboard even thought I couldn’t play the piano lol

I have to say 2 of my favorites are Aeris’ and Vincent’s Theme:

Also, of course, how could I’ve forgotten these two:

This crappy little tune car hardly be qualified as music, but it is what sums up best my childhood when it comes to games and it is definitely a good memory.

Back on the Sega Mega Drive:

3 Likes

Such good memories of the Megadrive days for me, especially Golden Axe, Revenge of Shinobi, Sonic and Streets of Rage, ha ha. Honourable mentions to Revenge of Shinobi and Street Fighter.

I was 2 when Street of Rage 2 came out…!

1 Like

Speaking of SEGA, these should also be in this list:

3 Likes

I love the Labyrinth zone soundtrack :smirk:

1 Like

Yes that was awesome.

Also on mega drive:

Now for more recent stuff:

All the Skylanders games have really awesome music…

1 Like

And one of my favourites from recent times:

If anyone loves a good action RPG with a huge world, intense and deep combat, wonderful colour and back-story, and can live with a few minor bugs, this is absolutely worth trying…

…though I suggest the console version over the PC version, unless you have seriously more hands and fingers than most people…

2 Likes

I spent about 200 hours in Alamur and loved every minute of it! Just a shame the company went bankrupt.

Definitely a lot of fun and worth playing if you haven’t.

1 Like

Dam… just seeing those old Mega Drive games gets those music tracks stuck in my head! :smiley:

Now here’s a showstopping tune from the golden days of the Amiga…

Life is strange had a nice soundtrack and the game is amazing

1 Like

Bankrupt wasn’t the word for it. Curt Schilling took felony charges for all the shady stuff that went down. Defrauded the taxpayers of the state of Rhode Island out of tens of millions of dollars or something like that. Been a long time ago now.