One Year Necro Thread

I definitely like all the new features with this forums, but I find it to be a bit more intimidating than the previous forums. It could just be from the fact that it is different than what I am use to. It almost feels more geared towards existing users than new ones, so maybe some kind of incentive to get more people to use the forums? :wink:

3 Likes

Some sort of magic keys arrangement? :stuck_out_tongue:
We haven’t super officially switched over yet, but will sometime in the next few hours. Perhaps I’ll work out a little something something with @Sirrian before then.
(Edit: These smileys are super intense)

4 Likes

Indeed :grin:, and all the icons. :video_game:

3 Likes

It feels very welcoming, informative, the layout is smooth and I’m already having a lot of fun browsing the threads . I’m still learning how to do the gif thing on some of the threads. Slowly but surely I’ll figure it out. :blush::blush::blush::blush: Great job so far, keep up the good work.

1 Like

Thoughts on it: Awesome.

2 Likes

Yeah! I think its the full emoji set, so anything you can find on your phone should be here! :pray:
I also just realized you can highlight text and it’ll pop up a ‘quote’ button for your reply, SO COOL!

If you click the little upload button as marked in the image below, it’ll let you add via upload or URL :slight_smile:

YAY!

3 Likes

Oh wow, that highlight feature is quite useful. I am too old fashioned to use a cell phone, so I didn’t even notice those were standard emojis. I still have a rotary phone… :sunglasses:

3 Likes

I have a Polaroid camera, lets call it retro chic :stuck_out_tongue:

Edit: The forum can do Desktop notifications through Chrome, how cool!

3 Likes

Yeah, I noticed that too when I got a random notification while browsing. :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

I learn something new everyday! Thank you! :blush::blush::blush:

2 Likes

You’re welcome!

As people who refresh the forums incredibly often, @Full and I got a twee excited about this lol

3 Likes

Maybe I’m just not looking at this new forum the right way, but I am missing the simple organization of the old forums.

A separate subforum for guild recruitment, a separate subforum for support, etcetera…

Now it all seems quite disorganized to me and it is much harder to find things (or maybe I’m not looking in the right places or I just have to get used to the new forums still)…

1 Like

Check out Categories - Gems of War | Forums which is a bit more like the old style forum. The front page is more like a ‘feed’ version of it :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Found it. Thanks! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

My thoughts…My thoughts are the forums are pretty awesome and cutting edge. Maybe I’ve missed out on a few years of forum innovation but there are so many niffty features that are easy to understand and most importantly free of clutter that makes me appreciate forums so much more than I already did.

3 Likes

Happy Necro Thread Day! :slight_smile:

That isn’t a thing, but with all of it going on today I figured I contribute with one of the oldest posts in existence on this forum. :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

2 Likes

Are you still as impressed with the smileys now as you were then?

:poop:

1 Like

Aw CrowdedWorlds :broken_heart: