One shot spell on stacked troops

What you were expecting to happen, and what actually happened?
Enemy group had 2 dwarven slayers. When one cast the spell the other was unable to use his.

What are the steps to make it happen again?
Happened once. Should be easy to test. My guild mate had two Great Maws and ran into the same problem.

Only question here is, is this a working as intended thing or a bug that has not been scrubbed out? Also apologies if this has been covered elsewhere.

That’s what it is. Same thing happens for The Great Maw, etc. There has been discussion that this particular troop should bypass the existing “one shot spell” limitation but there’s no way to know what if anything will be done.

Huh. If that’s the case, it seems like swatting a fly with an axe. I’ll definitely prioritize a Great Maw for it’s trick as it’s nasty as almighty hell, but it takes a lot to charge it too. The Dwarven Slayer skill though is pretty weak in the grand scheme, especially against summoners. The others I can think of like Tassarion’s or prophet barely strike me as important enough to inflict this on.

Without being dismissive I think it’s one of those “neither here nor there” things. The one-shot troops are highly specialized with specific usage scenarios.

I cannot think of a single scenario where I would want two of the same in a team even if I could. From a design perspective, I would suspect the limitation is actually to help guide players along not to limit them. However that is pure speculation on my part.

I’m in agreement with you on this. I’m not trying to use them stacked. I rarely even use teams that have more than one of any unit type. But when something works weird it ticks strange boxes in my head and I prefer to know why so I can get on with the task of properly ignoring it.

2 Likes