One last attempt: 2 moves in one turn has to go!

I don’t want to be that guy, but it makes sense that recall bias would make us more sensitive to it during guild wars, and I know I expose myself to risk more when I play GW than I do in regular play (taking in a less-than ideal team hoping for the colour bonus, or battling an opponent that I normally would skip if I had a choice). It definitely feels like it happens more in GW, though.

3 Likes

See my post too mate, very similar to what happened to me except it’s happening far too often to be called ‘fun’. Unless you’re a sadist. Not you stan, lol.

2 Likes

Crazy cascades happen on PC as well. The feeling of them being manipulated or unnatural comes from the human mind not (always) fully grasping the chain reactions linked to a particular regular 3-match on the board plus some gems indeed luckily falling in the right places.
But something like in this video, multiple 5+ matches from gems falling into a single column, that i have not seen happen to me at all, at least not that i can recall.

2 Likes

Oh well, gotta sleep now. Here’s to the same thing next week and the week after etc etc lol. Adana event tomorrow? Tesla?

That’s my best guess. We’ll know for sure in an hour or so.

1 Like

The skydrop frenzy happens on XB regularly. Not only that, but so-called random spells don’t exist with the computer team. For your team, of course. When you or your teammates cast a spell on a random enemy, its random alright and usually not in your favor (e.g., Lamia targets Fortress Gate whose attack is 0 and in the first slot). But when they do the same against your team, they target one of yours until he’s/ she’s gone (e.g., Lamia charms one of yours with the highest attack).

Same is true with random gem generators. But even when you can transform gems, its amazing to witness how the computer team left a jujitsu board after having its skydrop frenzy making sure it can either roll that board again, or skull bash you twice or thrice. The chance of this occurring increases with each difficulty when playing in PvE.

I know the devs wanted to mix things up a little. But was it also their intent to prolong the battle as well? It’s true on console that the enemy team will give up. It use to do that so the battle could come to a quick end (from my understanding). Not anymore. It will keep filling its mana, make those extra turns, deny you gems, etc., even though it can not mathematically finish your team off until you wipe it out. And then here’s the kicker, even the server can’t believe there was a match in the first place. The game summary can’t show up in a timely manner. But after ping-ponging between your console and their server, it will finally acknowledge ‘uh okay you actually won and here are the results’. And you’re lucky if the game won’t freeze up on you.

Bottom line: Devs went too far with their scripts.

I drained famine with dracos today and the bastard still cast his spell!

1 Like

What console players are saying remind me of Webspinner/goblins era: watching IA playing for 2 minutes until your team is killed…
It was really an horrible time and hopefully they get nerfed. But if a situation like that will happen again, lots of players will complain and maybe leave the game (just see what is going on with Devour/Famine/DM…).

This game is a 3-match one so yeah there should be randomness. But it is also a simple casual game, sorry to say that. If you’re looking for a competitive one, you’re maybe playing the wrong game.
I understand well that devs are trying to make their game less casual by improving the difficulty (ie IA) but it seems that they only improve the frustration that one player can have… And I believe that there is more players using this game to relax than competitors.

1 Like

JUst did 140 min of gameplay i hope you enjoyed

1 Like

Not sure where you’ve been. There’s been a couple of threads about the console AI every week for the past few months

2 Likes

i think in my entire one year pc/mobile gameplay i never saw that many skydrop 5+ in a row

i think the console ai is fine but the skydrops are suspicious, if such combos like in the video (above quote) indeed happen often

2 Likes

They do and these people will continue to belittle the console players until it starts happening to them.
I’ve just seen the weather forecast and that shitstorm is getting closer.

1 Like

Now granted I play on the PS4 where everyone seems to be complaining about the AI. When I see those “shitty kraken/valk/justice/mab teams” I go straight for them. Those teams die so damn fast it will make your head spin. Just get a good loop team running say Courage and Loyalty and turn the whole board Green and Red. Even if you do loop the board over to the AI its only going to freeze you, that won’t stop you from looping again and getting some skulls running. They die so fast I just laugh when I see those teams.

There is nothing corrupt about these teams, you just haven’t learned how to change the board over to your favor is all.

1 Like

I watched Stans video yeah it had a few drops in a row that probably would get the average laymen like you going up in arms. However I get the same drops when I play. So that tells me the AI not only benefits from it but I benefit from it too.

I think the real killer here is Stan’s video is showing a Goblin team and everyone hates Goblins cause of all the extra moves they get. You mix a few cascades along with several free moves into it and yes it will anger a lot of folks who think the AI is cheating.

The real point to this is simple, the cascade/skydrop wasn’t an ongoing 20 round drop like this whole threaed is about. Then not in Stan’s defense he has Jarl (an AWESOME looper) and TDS in there so he’s benefitting from cascades as well as looping, but obviously some feel that he should be the only person to benefit and not the AI.

More complaining about something the rest of us PS4 players have learned how to deal with and actually make it work for us. You can’t have your cake and eat it too.

1 Like

The videos that you’re referring to are not mine. Would you mind editing your post to more accurately reflect reality (about who did what)? That video has been passed around too many times now. It is one instance out of millions of games played.

I linked to it as an illustration of the kind of thing that some console players think happens more frequently for us than happens on PC/Mobile, but I don’t believe it is proof of anything.

I have really mixed feelings about this whole luck topic, which I summarized above in this post:

2 Likes

Just finished pvping to level 1 on console and android.

Took prolly twice as long on console because of the hilarious cascades the ai gets. Even down 4 to 1…the ai on console has a chance.

Was this really necessary? Why do people feel the need to do this when they disagree with someone?

3 Likes

The percentages are what get me the most: Kerby almost always gets multiple devours. The Soul Dragon 99% of the time does revive and often more than once in Xbox Guild Wars.

Also this week we have crazy one hit BombBot teams…

Yes, that’s the answer because I don’t know how to play the game.

1 Like