One last attempt: 2 moves in one turn has to go!

I believe if it was really really a problem, that most of your members would had quitted the game by now, and at least a dozen of them would found the way to this board and rage. But they did not. So why should PC/Mobile players not believe that you and your fellows are exaggerating?

Personally i like the console AI, yeah im getting more lost then before AI improvement, but at least the game is challenging. I never saw 20+ move in normal pvp cause i pick my team in consequence of what opponent team got

Yeah AI get lucky skydrop but i am also getting lucky skydrop and i don’t feel i am getting less chance then AI. People tend to remember only when they lost, but they don’t remember when they killed the entire team in 1-2 turn.

4 Likes

I also know a mate that have no problems with the CPU console, but rather some overpowered troops. Jainus already told us that the difference was not big, CPU was a little more aggresive at console, something in that way.

I see your point on the cascades and I do feel your pain Lord knows how many times I wanted to strangle Jarl with my own bare hands.

The problem I have with limiting the AI is a simple one. My whole life I’ve been told “what is sauce for the goose is sauce for the gander”.

Looping and Cascading all though done on different terms still produce the same result and a lot of looping is only saved by a good cascade and sometimes a cascade is what has allowed the looping to commence.

That in there lies the problem, because we have plenty of cards that were designed for looping. I love looping so why should the AI be limited on looping and cascades? Like what was mentioned above, I love the rare occasions when I get to smash the AI without it even getting a single turn. Just imagine if we were able to watch replays of our defense team and you saw another player beating your defense team on the very first round and you NEVER got a turn. People would scream MURDER.

Besides, what will happen if they ever release Live PvP and you play another looper? Are you going to whine about how unfair looping is and why they shouldn’t be allowed to do it? I think the thing to do is learn a new strategy. Because I’m good at looping I’m also good at keeping the AI from looping me.

So I feel your pain and understand that it’s not fun when it happens but like I tell my 10 year old daughter you can’t win every battle and you’ll have to learn to deal with it as well as get better. My daughter has been playing games with me for at least the last 5 years and I’ve never let her intentionally win. Letting people win by limiting the odds just creates people who will have much lower expectations. Not to be rude but that’s all this thread really is asking for.

I see it happening everyday, i also hear my guildmates complain about it. Sometimes it’s just insane, corrupt. Sure, it’s a game, it’s okay to lose sometimes, but not against some corrupted AI.

Normally i never fight those shitty kraken/valk/justice/mab teams, since they’re corrupt, but now with the oh so awesome GW that’s all we have to fight against, yeey. And oh yeah, that stupid kerberos who keeps devouring 3 times in a row in one turn…

PC/Mobile players: here is a little gameplay on console @Stan did the other day to demonstrate the console AI in action and AI priority settings. You can form your own conclusions.

1 Like

@Rickygervais I also like the console AI more that PCs gem matching algorithm, and have written that on this forum since the game launched. (And I like the latest version even more)

I’m sure there are DOZENS of us…

2 Likes

Watched a longer part of Stans video, and it looked rather standard compared to the PC version.
Sure the AI makes choices according to its setup, but the AI isn’t really the offender here rather the Gem refreshs and the way gems are refreshed, and the “random” cascades looked PC-y all the way.

2 Likes

You forgot one thing, and that was to tell us that your guildmates complains when they are losing in Guild Wars. So this is all about GW, and has nothing to do with PvP. People wants perfect scores/good scores in Guild Wars, finally we have a mode where losses counts greatly, and then it is of course the easiest way to blame the CPU all the time, whenever we lose. FYT GW was never meant to guarantee everyone a perfect/great score every week. People that cannot accept a lose should not play ANY game in first place. It is not healthy for them.

There is some great teams to counter these teams with, but you might have to switch out your favourite invade teams. Will the counter teams always guarantee wins? - No, no teams guarantee anything. But you will have a greater chance to win.

It’s not all about GW, GW just makes it way worse. Because normally when this happened to you, you would just leave the match or at least not care. You can’t with GW.

And a lot of the responses do seem to miss the point… It’s not about the AI winning.
It’s about gems falling into the board from the top, making 3/4/5/6er moves, lots of time in a row.
And I’m not even going into the discussion about the odds of that happening, as then we all end up with a dev running a test script and saying it’s fair.

It’s not fun. period.
And especially not with GW, where we can’t just skip it… and where we are trying to be as strategic as possible and watching every move.

To then just get the AI to have a luck streak, every other match or so, is just plain killing the game.

1 Like

Well, u forgot one thing, this discussion is about that the AI has ridiculous cascades and extra turns. That’s what we’re talking about.
My guildmates are complaining about that since the update a few months ago.

And i/we do win enough against that lame mabteam.

And for now i think GW seems crap since everyone is putting the same cheesy teams in defence.

1 Like

Look at this video, posted by Stan in the thread linked above, the action starts at the 30 second mark.

Ths odds of the happening are insane, you can calculate them yourself.
Yet this happens continously…

All we’re asking is for this to stop.

3 Likes

Not all console players share your opinion even if thats what you want.
So you should keep this in mind whenever you talk, you are not the president
that talks and decides about what is best for the country. :wink:

This is a problem for you and a few of the console players, it all suddenly
became a problem after Guild Wars was launched due getting losses hurts in
this mode.

There has been console players in this very thread that already have done the tests. These console players like the console Al cuz the game is more challenging. They are also better of acknowledging their lucky cascades and compare those to the CPU.

This is very true, I could not have said it any better myself.

1 Like

Bro did u even watch the video?

7 blues 7 yellows 7 skulls

To watch that and act likw its nothing is asinine

We are yet to see a video where it happens continuously, do you dare to share a video with us?

1 Like

Lol if you look at the start of the video he got

1-4x purple gems
2- 6x blue gems + 3x purple gems cascade
3- 3x purple gems + 3x brown gems +3 green +3x yellow gems and +3 x brown gems during cascade

He removed 28 gems before AI could play 1 turn and still complain when AI does the same

But of course you didin’t notice it was luck cause it was on your side

2 Likes

He did start out with a lucky board, that happens. And yes, some stuff fell lucky, but that always happens to.
He didn’t just have them all fall out of the sky like no tomorrow.

But if this is what you guys like, then so be it. There is nothing wrong with that.

I do not find that fun, in a game that combines gem matching with strategy.
And there is nothing wrong with that either.

1 Like

So after all this gripe,I did my 5 today,went flawless and started every match with a cascade,maybe it is rigged,lol, they flipped the ez switch for me,but anyways, what do you think about showing a row or two above the board, just not in play yet.

Eika,
Belive me it’s a bloody nightmare. Sometimes it’s just so stupid but only until you pc lot get it will you start to understand.
You can end your turn, the ai will make a seemingly innocuous move and get 5 yellows which fills valk and freezes you on three colours and then justice loops to victory. This happened today in gw against my hellcat alchemist and two gard’s avatar (Brown day). I was pissed beyond belief. However this is NOT a one off. Something is wrong with some algorithm somewhere. Strings of single colours/skulls should not be dropping with the regularity that console are currently experiencing.
You can explode a column and every single gem dropped apart from the last one can be a single colour. Or a skull.
I’ve lost 3 players in 3 weeks.
Enjoy your game.
There’s a frigging shitstorm on the horizon.

Regards
Daniel
(nephilim lvl 1079 GL, Quimby #11 guild, bracket 1)

1 Like