Newbie with good questions

Yup, you’ll find at higher levels that people will build their teams around one or two troops and the others will feed them or protect them some how.

Possible 4th troops (Not sure what you have sorry, haven’t managed to read through this whole thread yet):
Banshee - Rare
Naga Queen - Ultra-rare
Hellcat - Epic
Treant - Ultra-Rare

The first three are Red Mana generators, while Treant is a good tank, sits and takes hits while you work in getting your hero and ranger up and use their abilities.

EDIT: Also Crude Clud is actually quite strong despite being a common. I think it’s used a lot in the Arena or some lower levels of PVP?

Ok cool. I will stick with the Club for now, as I have used the Warlord Weapon like three times and each one it’s hit for 18 or 19, so the Club makes more sense at my low level.

I have a Banshee and a Treant, one card of each, so will give them a try in the team, thankyou :slight_smile:

In regards to team building it’s worth paying attention to your team order and the mana they use.You may have picked up on this as you’ve played, but mana gathered is distributed in a top down fashion. Your current team doesn’t have any overlapping colours, but if you include Banshee or Treant then you start running into this.

Treant is fine, as no-one else uses blue, and you’ll want him at the top anyways, so he’ll always have first priority on Green and Blue Mana. This does impact your ability to feed mana to Ranger though, as any Green mana will go to Treant first, and only go to Ranger if Treant is at full Mana. Though as noone else uses Yellow, Ranger still gets all of those matches.
This is the assumed lineup:

Treant - Green/Blue
Crude Club - Red
Ranger - Yellow/Green
Goblin Shaman - Brown/Purple

This becomes more of an issue with Banshee however, as you already have troops using Yellow and Purple. So for example if you set your team out like this:

Crude Club - Red
Ranger - Yellow / Green
Banshee - Purple/Yellow

In this case Banshee is described as “mana blocked”. Meaning that both her colours will go to other troops before her (yellow to Ranger, and purple to Shaman), making it very hard to fill her up. The easiest solution is to reshuffle the team order a bit:

Crude Club - Red
Ranger - Yellow/Green
Banshee - Purple/Yellow

Now Banshee has first priority on Purples, and Goblin Shaman is not considered mana blocked because she still has brown mana, which no other troop uses.

There are some people that build teams and purposely leave mana blocks in them because they feel the benefits of the troop (either traits or spells or some other reason) out weigh the difficulty in filling their spells.

This is just something to look out for and consider while team building.

Excellent, thankyou. I had come across some issues when trying to find a 4th troop and had figured/assumed it was “whoever is highest in the order gets the mana” but good to have my theory confirmed. I stuck Treant at the top but because he is just one card he is getting one-shotted. I will put some souls into him and try again now though. I think he will work better than Banshee, for now anyway.

Hah, Treant now working well but him at the top means the Shamen is feeding him, not the Ranger! Will run with this for a while and see if I can make it work.

You can always choose to not use Treant’s spell once full. But I would only do that if you have managed to give him Stoneskin through traits.

Yeah his boost to armour and attack is quite helpful. I think this team makes it harder to lose, but makes each round take longer. I am in no rush though!

Is it wise to change classes and upgrade them all? Just unlocked the Knight class and the bonuses look good, but then would need to change to a Blue weapon I guess?

Upgrade all the classes? That is up to the player. Use the classes long enough to get the special weapon? Probably a good idea, you never know when you might want to use it.

Ok thanks, this Treant team seems to be working well so I will try switching to Knight and going for the weapon.

As @Isis_Kitty said, getting the weapons are generally a good idea. You’ll find that some people will use teams with out the hero and just switch their class around to get the wins (the hero doesn’t need to be in the battle for it to count towards the wins for their current class). As you’re using your hero, just make sure your team can function ok with the weaker hero for a bit till you can level up the new class.

Class changes only have a 24h cool down, so you can change back easily enough (these days, it used to be a week long cooldown XD )

Wow, week long! Made that decision a lot more crucial I guess! I tried a bit last night but struggled with a weaker hero class, and have used my souls to level up the Treant, so I think levelling the other hero classes will need to wait a while.

I take it that when you level up your hero, the bonus to stats is a random thing? Went up three times last night and not one of them changed. I can see that it shows you what will happen for troop levelling on the screen, but for Hero?

Hero level ups and class level ups are separate (since you spend souls on class level ups)

Hero level ups aren’t random, but they’re not every level after the very early levels. I can’t remember exactly when the upgrades come, but every 10-50 levels (becoming less and less common as you get higher levels.

EDIT: Found a list

Ah ok, thanks. At least there is some method to it then! Going to spend the rest of the day on Quests and PvP I think. Trying to get as many Kingdoms completed as possible.

1 Like

Well I finally have a Valkyrie, but she is Red/Yellow so I guess there needs to be a new team!

1 Like

One I used for ages at lower levels (I’m not super high now… but lower than now) was this classic one:

Treant
Alchemist
Valkyrie
Banshee

2 Likes

Well I actually have all of them, so will give that a whirl! If it works well it means I can change the class of my Hero as well and leave him levelling in the background.

My Alchemist has a green up arrow on his card. I assume that is something to do with the update? I assume it meant I could ascend him, but I only have three cards, not five.

Ascend is a Blue Arrow in the top corner in the Troops window.

The green arrow means he gets a stat boost as part of the “Week of Humans” event going on at the moment.

Ah ok, thanks. Completely forgot about the Blue arrow, I had seen that before and worked out what it was for, think the green one just confused me!

I am looking at Valkyries traits and wondering if I need to unlock them. Seems to mainly help create Blue mana, which will boost Treant a bit but other than that I am not sure if I really need it? Currently thinking I should just save the stones for later in the game?

I don’t think Valk’s are that important anymore (she used to have Necromancy at one point which was useful, but it’s been replaced with Mana Shield). Probably best to save them.