Newbie with good questions

in most cases it is good to have deck made of 2 damage dealers and 2 supporters who will make the damage dealers work better/faster fill their mana etc

for dragon soul deck i suggest dragons with magic link and abysmal banner

for blue units such as Mab and EK valk is best solution, followed up by traited mercy/soothsayer

maw will work with either deep borer or traited mercy to fill it up and it can make a great pair with IK and/or sheggra

tryign to put all of those in one deck is rather bad idea

2 Likes

Ah ok, in that case I will leave Team A as it is, and when i get a bit bored I will try and Dragon team. Think I need to level the other Dragons a bit more first though, and same with Mercy/Borer, so will look at them once I have finished traiting EK (need one more Traitstone to get Ek’s second Trait)

1 Like

Hello again :slight_smile:

I have read about a team for Maw, that includes 2 x Rock Worms (and Deep Borer to finish). I have probably missed something, but how do you get two of the same troop? Every new Rock Worm I get just gets listed under the very first one I obtained?

just drag and drop it to the team in another spot, if you have more then one it will allow that action :slight_smile:

Wow, so simple and yet I had no idea! Thanks. For the other Maw team you mention, I have Sheggra, so can do Maw, Borer and Sheggra but not sure who “IK” is?

Infernal King

Ah I don’t have him yet. So my teams currently are:

EK, Valk, Queen Mab, Soothsayer (sword banner)

Maw, Rock Worm x 2, Deep Borer (not sure on banner)

Dragon Soul, Sylvanimora, Venbarak, Dimetraxia (Abyssal banner, also seems to get good bonuses as four unique dragons?)

Maw, Sheggra, Borer + another.(not sure on banner)

Only the first team is decently traited though (2 of 3 for EK and Mab, all 3 for the other 2)

Sound team. Suggest move Soothsayer into second place as (1) if it dies, you still have Valk and Mab together and (2) protect Valk from enemy EKs.

This one doesn’t work, for me. The Rock Worms are mana blocked by the (expensive) Great Maw - and if Maw casts, you want to be getting skulls and using its giant attack, not pinging away with worms at the last enemy. Your other Maw team is heading in the right direction.

Sounds promising - but Dragon Soul is the MVP by far, don’t put it in first place to die. There are also a lot of Dragons to choose from, may have something better than Dimetraxia? I’d suggest Dragotaur. Or Celestasia or Borealis if you are lucky enough to get one. Venbarak is a good pick - get his Magic Link trait to fill up TDS even faster. Btw the recent Krystenax is the best dragon to get for your Dragon Soul team, look out for him. Sheggra probably isn’t: confuses your win condition.

Also: worth looking at dropping one dragon and putting EK on the front: EK/Sylvanimora/TDS/Venbarak would work well. EK is awesome, esp if you get some traits - no harm losing a little damage off TDS to put a solid EK on the front of the team. Keep the Abyssal banner though, charging TDS is still priority.

Maw/Borer/Sheggra is heading the right way. Pick something green that can get you some board control: Soothsayer is nice - Siren would be another fun option (shoot something brown to put browns on the board for Maw/Sheggra).

3 Likes

Thanks so much, have switched Sooth in team 1 as suggested so that team is now pretty set I think.

Will drop team 2.

For the Dragons I will move Soul down. I have Dragotaur so will swap for Dime but don’t have any of the other troops you suggest. If I were to put EK in there, who has two traits, what would the team be? edit re-read your post and will drop Dragotaur to make the team you suggest. Will look to trait Ven as well but short on the major traitstones for pretty much everyone. Grinded for a day in Exlpore just to get EK’s second trait. Don’t fancy doing much more of that right now!

I will put Siren in team 4 as nice to not use Sooth again.

2 Likes

alternative to siren is also star gazer
but i cannot tell which of the two will be better, i use them too seldom and the use is just different

they are both empowered and use same mana, but gazer instead of creating gems and dealing damage boosts your attack and removes blue

in both cases you can get extra turn or hand it to the enemy…

the plus of star gazer is the attack bonus possibly working well with skull generating sheggra
the minus of gazer is blue removal might be a little less favorable then brown creation and it also doesnt actually ensure any damage while siren does

I think I will try Star for a while, if only as I prefer the artwork!

It gives me two “new” teams to work on anyway, which is great. Just wish I had more Traitstones but it seems that that is the gold-dust of this game.

2 Likes

Another option I used to run for the Dragon Soul team was Shadow Dragon since it netted me another Magic Link. Krystenax is the superior choice. Dragotaur is good too though.

1 Like

Woke up this morning, rushed to get the Glory packs, fully-traited my EK as a result, then read he’s been nerfed :frowning:

I saw quite a bit of chat about it on here though, so guess it was coming (I still lost, a lot, with him as lead so he wasn’t OP for me but guess people had better teams). And hopefully the nefing doesn’t make him redundant.

Guess it also gives me a reason to start levelling/traiting the Dragon team.

he will still be useful just a little less tanky

I have encounteres Sheggra three times in PVPm today and each time he has wrecked me. Dunno how he fits into my team of EK, Sylv, Dragon Soul and Ven though. As EK covers Brown and Soul Red.

@Shimrra I don’t have Shadow or Krys so can’t use those guys yet.

sheggra doent belong with dragon soul

dragon soul type of deck bases on aoe damage

sheggra type of deck bases rather on skull damage

if you try to compromise both you will get no good results with either

3 Likes

Ah ok, so if I want to use Sheggra I need an entirely different team. I guess that the buff to EK hurts him, but Sheggra’s red/skull attack just wiped him out each time it was fired. I will stick with the original Dragons for now, to level them etc and then have Sheggra as something to look at in the future.

EK is still a fantastic troop even with this week’s minor nerf.

With Sylvanimora in the team, you can keep the first enemy entangled, so EK losing Stoneskin for Armoured shouldn’t hurt too much.

Watch for one situation: enemy Sheggra or BD is ready to cast, first enemy is entangled, you have spells ready to cast and deal damage: watch that this damage doesn’t kill the first enemy, leaving the second enemy in line (not entangled) to stomp you when Sheggra or BD spawns skulls. In this situation, better to take a match and let the enemy cast while the entangle is in place.

2 Likes

@Jainus I have Sylvanimor but not in my A team (Valk, Sooth and Mab) but will try an EK, Sylvan, Dragon Soul, Ven team.

1 Like

Depending on your RNG luck it’s highly possible that entangle wears out in just that very turn…

Speaking from experience here xD

4 Likes