New List of Quality of Life Improvements

love the list idea.
Hope I didn’t just miss this one (it is a big list) but, do away with having to spend gems to change your hero class.

Also it would be nice if fellow guild members could test out your defense team so they could give you some outside feedback on it without it counting against you or them.

This doesn’t fit into the QoL scope which pretty much focuses on UI improvements and additions. That said, that request has been debated in many other threads. It seems that the devs plan to keep it.

You can already do this. Just click on their profile from the guild roster, and you can fight their defense without gaining or losing anything.

2 Likes

Your suggestions have been added: @Annaerith and @Rickygervais

2 Likes

Really, cool thanks for letting me know. wasn’t aware I could do that without it counting.

1 Like

Welcome :smiley_cat:

1 Like

I’ve been playing GoW for a while now (just never contributed to the Forums before), however there’s one thing that’s always niggled me a bit.

In Guilds, your Standing (or Rank) is based solely on what you can do (invite people, promote members, kick them etc) but there’s nothing to reflect their Guild Contribution or Level, with the result that the highest level member of the Guild I am in is still classed as “Rabble”!

What I was thinking was that there could be a Contribution based scale (Gold, Seals, Trophies) which could off with a default requirement of, for example, 1000 gold, 100 Seals, 10 Trophies for the lowest level, then going up to eg 50k gold, 500 seals, 50 Trophies etc (these are just figures I’ve picked off the top of my head) so the more you contribute, the higher your Ranking.

Naturally the higher level Guilds could extend their requirements so the levels are much bigger for players with fully advanced/ traited troops.

Ranks could be eg Initiate, Novice, Apprentice, Adept, Journeyman, Artisan, Craftsman, Junior Master, Master, Senior Master etc (with the Guildmaster always being at the top, of course, no matter their contributions!)

A nice touch could be to pick a free Major, Runic, Arcane Traitstone each time you attain an extra level (rather than just a random one).

TL;DR Guild Ranking Levels could be based on contributions of Gold, Seals and Trophies

As a guild leader, I wouldn’t like this change. GMs can have various promotion/demotion strategies. This is especially true now that Guild Wars is coming. If a GM wants to promote based on trophy gains, he can easily do so already. The only thing that is required is an active guild leader.

4 Likes

@Ashasekayi But the Guild levels don’t do anything really, do they?

And there’s no way of earning progression in the Guild except at the whim of the Guild Leader, hence, for example, the highest level player in my Guild still being “Rabble” which is hardly a measure of their contribution, is it?

This suggestion at least gives people some recognition for being an active contributor.

that suggestion can actually mess a lot of things up

some ppl are not reliable enough to be promoted to someone who could invite members, or promote/demote them - the trust given to members should be decided by gm not “enforced” by system

also for example demotion is often used by gms as a system to warn players before a kick - the requirements of each guild differs so this could not be automated system with a global fixed numbers.

also this is not a quality of life improvement, its a feature request so please keep it outside of this thread

1 Like

This suggestion is not the same as the current system, it would not grant powers to invite, kick or whatever, it would simply recognise the contribution the Members give to the Guild.

I’m new here, so I wasn’t sure where was appropriate to add this, please excuse me if it’s in the wrong place.

I’ve just noticed your “GUILD - features supporting members Loyalty and Integration” thread, perhaps that would be a more appropriate place for it. If so, if an Admin would care to move it in there (or wherever it should be) that would be fine.

1 Like

Over a year go we picked up 2 members when another guild promoted someone they shouldn’t have, they decided to kick everyone out and then leave the Guild themselves, before forming a brand new Guild.

@Rockwell
Keep posting your ideas, even if this one might not fly with many GMs. I personally would want auto promotion OFF. QoL and Feature Requests can sometimes be a bit blurry.

You posted you want to recognize big contributors. Perhaps you can come up with a new Feature Request that does so, and is separate from Admin privileges.

1 Like

@Strat As I said, this would not give privileges, it is entirely separate from that.

1 Like

I recommend adding @Strat’s idea from another thread:

5 Likes

@actreal: @Strat’s suggestion was added.

3 Likes

On console, i would like to have the option to set pvp 3 trophy fight by default so we won’t have to always move the left stick twice to the right to do 3 trophy fights.

This will prevent people like me who keep mashing “A” button to not make 1 trophy fight by mistake :slight_smile:

1 Like

The “Mana Surge” announcement gets annoying when your masteries get high enough that your matches surge often. I’d like an option to turn off the sound for it—just the “Mana Surge” text is sufficient.

Your suggestions have been added: @sidbushes and @Rickygervais

1 Like

Bring Back a Feature that was removed.

Bring back the Announcer when opening Chests to dramatically announce only the highest troop obtained in a batch. (and record MYTHIC! that was not available when this was a feature in game)

1 Like

Hi Asha, I’d like to add “Buy Spoil of War in bulk” to this QoL list please.

I’ve been trying to get Pharos this week. I’ve opened 1k+ event keys and haven’t got him yet. I’d like to open more as I still have plenty of glory but buying event key from spoil of war 1 by 1 is tedious and tiring. :frowning2:

Thank you.

3 Likes

Not sure if it’s on the list, but make the goddamn AI do its moves faster. Now it’s like 1.5 second delay, 1.5 second to move a gem, Extra Turn, 1.5 second delay, 1.5 second to move a gem, Extra Turn, and so on.
Or make it a toggleable option.

2 Likes