New Kingdom Sometime Soon™

WOOOOO about time :slight_smile: I love me some pirates

Sea-whale is in reference to a ship from one-piece, a manga/anime that contains a pirate ship called the moby dick, which shares its name with a book of the same name, about a whale and the hunting of it. I made a redundant multireference and explaining it sucks cause i doubt anyone who is not read the story of either moby dick (well read) or one piece (diversified) would have gotten that reference in a reference. Also pirates from long ago used to call their ships sea-whales even though they sailed their ships on oceans and not seas.

@Nimhain, you wouldn’t happen to be channeling an old movie called Captain Providence, would you?

I actually had to look that movie up as I hadn’t heard of it.

1 Like

You would not be channeling boa hancock would you? If your picture is of a female with the charm ability, the similarities would be astounding.

̶S̶e̶x̶y̶ … Depraved, gold-lusting pirates! Land, ho! Ships ahoy, matey! I reckon a barrel of rum and a shanty on the day of arrival!

Also, all concerns with pronouns, adjectives, verbs and nouns for “people” should be addressed here:

1 Like

Probably you’re right… Though perhaps our other correspondent was just expressing what he personally found sexy… Maybe he has a fetish for hats…

In either case much has been said on our various other threads, like the one @Phaethon just linked in…

Pirates are one of our core missing fantasy tropes, though, so let’s get splicing mainbraces, running anchors, walking planks and shivering timbers… And use up all the standard pirate corny language before @sirrian even attempts a preview…

Other than pirates, can we get a reaper based land that is filled with troops that all generate/reap souls in addition to their other effects? Also i hope the pirate kingdom has a bunch of gold generators for the sake of theme.

1 Like

I am not sure that we are getting a preview video since this is only a small update, so we will probably get all the details through a list.

I would assume any pirate troops would likely give Treasure Maps in addition to gold. I’d even venture to say pirates would give gems but I’m not exactly going to hold my breath on that one; the devs are already pretty generous in that department. :wink:

1 Like

pirates would probably rather to take away your gold & gems. :sob: or even if generating gems they wouldnt let you spend them! their booty!
ive got a hunch pirate kingdom storyline willl include Tyri

Didn’t a kingdom already use an epic troop from another kingdom? Not sure if tyri has been used in 2 story lines but i know that raven has been. A pirate kingdom would be fitting for tyri to loot.

I think Tyri is already involved in the drifting sands storyline. Not 100% sure, but I think marid is her brother.

1 Like

Half-brother. This makes me want to know more about that family, like what if raven is also a relative and ferit was the crazy uncle or something like that.

That makes me think of the original Puzzle Quest. I believe there were mechanics that would take away gold earned (only in that specific battle).

yeah, maybe Tyris father is actually a pirate?
edit: just my pure guess same as tyri being related to pirates at all, no clue

1 Like

Pirates are technically thieves and tyri is a thief…so her father might be a pirate, and she might happen to take after her father.

Maybe we will be getting her mother as an epic pirate story reward?

1 Like

Do we know their Pirates and not Privateers?

Hmm, what’s the difference exactly?