New Kingdom - Silverglade

Nothing wrong with that. Face Value of 2 + 8 = 10. Got another kingdom with that set of bonuses…

Nothing wrong with a total of +1 Armor, +3 Life, +3 Attack, and +2 Magic? That’s way more than any other kingdom provides.

EDIT: I should probably have been clearer. The text (minus the broken heading) is fine, and probably what was intended. The actual bonuses (on the card) are way off.

Oh you’re totally right. Hmm. That needs a fix then…

I do not know about everyone else but i hated the story of the new kingdom. I do enjoy the new mechanic and it seems amazing, also the new legendary trait is fitting.

2 Likes

The story seemed normal to me- the humor was corny and the fights were a little contrived, but that’s how pretty much all the kingdom quests were, at least IMO.
I tried Elspeth’s spell out just to hear what she sounds like, and she summoned a Settite Guard, which I hadn’t even realized was a Knight. I went and checked Ashtender and there are a lot more decent knights than I thought. Imagine a new player using Elspeth and getting EK or Gard.

2 Likes

She would still summon from the player’s available cards, wouldn’t she? And what level is her summon?

I summoned a Gard without owning one.

8 Likes

Oh, that’s very interesting. What level? And no traits, I assume?

Max level, no traits.

2 Likes

Feedback: Elspeth’s spell should be a lot cheaper. Since it consumes a troop, and is random in what you get, And does no damage, and ends your turn (baring lucky gem spawn), it is something I feel should be fast to cast repeatably in order to get a troop you want / can use.

2 Likes

Summons without owning the card are at the level of Magic of the summoner (the spells usually list just [Magic]) and with no traits.

So apparently I’m the Elspeth Cheering Section today, but in my experience, creating 11 gems of a single color will give you an extra turn almost every time. Unless you cast it and there are like 3 gems of that color on the board, that is, but you should be checking first anyway.

Personally she replaces Mercy as the new best turbo-start troop in the game for me. Sure you need 2 slots to do it properly (her, plus a troop of the appropriate color to sacrifice) but in return you get an almost-guaranteed first turn fully charged anything plus an extra turn to cast its spell. That opens up a world of possibilities.

After the battles in the quest line of the new kindom there is a flickering of a tiny chat button. Upper right of course. Like a ghost button.
It’s not every time, episode. Wish I could have gotten a recording of it.
Can we have the option to send bits of the princess back to her father whenever a messanger comes up? Preferably head first. It would be the lightest part of her. :confounded:

Using that idea:
Bone Dragon
Courage
Sacrifice
Elspeth

Elspeth targets Sacrifice, generating purple to fuel Bone Dragon. And Sacrifice gives +2 attack and +2 magic on death to all allies. And courage gains 2 life from construct bond.

It is amusing and can be Really fast. And when it misses, you lose horribly.

I have an excruciatingly simple Elspeth team… its effective because the other troops are OP…

This kingdom has the worst story line ever though.
I remember someone feeling bad for Visk being fooled by Raven, well, here it’s worst, we, along with Tassarion, are turned into the lap dogs of the worst kind of woman, it’s really not pleasant…

1 Like

I found the story quite amusing.

I would have liked if she unlocked some cosmetic armor pieces through out the battles, but that would probably be a little dark for this game.

Yep I had the Frank Zappa song “Valley Girl” ringing in my head whilst I was doing the Quest :wink:

2 Likes

Kudos to the devs @Sirrian @Nimhain for the story line for Silverglade.

I just LOVE to hate on princess Elspeth: shallow, materialistic, valley girl, narcissistic. Nice job on making her so hate-able.

3 Likes

And it made your hero look like an even bigger toolbag and carpet that everyone wipes their shoes on.

I mean… the devs can’t put any effort into the cheating AI (I’ve quit 7 games in the past hour after taking one move and the AI shits itself four turns and kills a troop) they could at least put some effort in the quest lines.

I like the game, and I was going to suggest allowing us to redo the quest lines for something other than terrible PVAI. But after that quest, I’m kind of glad I don’t have to do any more of them.

1 Like