New kingdom math

Reminder again that glory can be used to purchase Event Keys even if you go full bore during the event so you don’t have to dip into your gem supply until absolutely necessary, since those are far better used on VIP keys if you want mythics. Chance of getting the new legendary a kingdom that had one existing legendary is about 1 in 84. An endgamer in a solid guild will be getting 42 event keys from that week itself and can easily be over 10k glory ahead by simply choosing not to buy event packs during the new kingdom week because you’ll be getting those troops mythic via event keys anyways (not to mention incidentals from fodder gold/glory chests). This should give you more than enough for both, even back to back, without using gems. Remember, arcanes can be farmed whenever you want, troops can’t (yet - crafting may or may not change this)

The kingdom release schedule for the next couple kingdoms has not yet been bumped back, though, so I think everyone should also be aware of that before dumping all their gold and glory keys if another kingdom is going to be just six more weeks down the road. Still might be worth using event keys to get Epics as far along as you can, depending on how much extra you have. Hopefully we have a clearer picture of when the next two kingdom releases will actually be by the time Urskaya comes out.

2 Likes

Generally for Event legendary I spend enough event keys for just 1 since the difference between Legendary and Mythic for an established kingdom is normally just 2 power points. However, for a new kingdom release, that Legendary to Mythic is the difference between 4 stars and 5 stars.

3 Likes

I used to do that, but I’ve found that getting those Event legendaries to Mythic takes longer than any other Troop with regular Gem/Glory key spending if you only start with 1, so I’ve found it worthwhile to get at least 3 or 4 of the event legendary with Event Keys to speed up the completion process.

I always max a new legendary to mythic. It’s just habit. It’s harder with more legendaries in a kingdom. a 3rd legendary takes about 750 event keys to get to mythic.