New Hero Classes! Details inside!

I asked for this when Hunters’s Mark was first added to the game…

I also agree that Deathly Aura trait is a really bad idea. Might work if it triggers on 5+ matches not 4+.

@nimhain @Saltypatra given the AI usually only wins through RNG silliness, really feel here that adding a game-changing lose-a-troop proc this trivially is going to induce a lot of rage. Players mostly hate losing, but they hate most losing to RNG couldn’t-do-owt-about-that procs. Defend it as recall bias, yes, but those frustration spikes stand out for people.

2 Likes

It is possible we’ll see a change in Death Mark’s workings at the same time the classes are released.

1 Like

Actually, even if it gets reworked, just the thought of it makes me puke right now x_x

Even if that was 30% chances of inflicting Death Mark on 4-5 gem matches, I’d be puking.

1 Like

I think it would be balanced if death mark last trait was on 5 Gem match only. It would be far less common and reward players for generating a lot of mama of one color.

3 Likes

8 Likes

I JUST BEEN CYBER BULLIED wtf >:(

1 Like

YES!!!. I posted this a very LONG time ago (and probably not the first too). But that is exactly how I assumed Hunters Mark worked when I started playing. After seeing what happened in a game then reading the description I was like oh

Hunter Mark should be changed to @Lyya’s version: All skull damage directed to marked target regardless of positioning.
Death Mark should be changed to one of @htismaqe’s versions: All damage received, regardless of type, is doubled."

There! All is right with the world again.

4 Likes

Actually no. Any nerfs to Death Mark means Death will be affected hard. He’s already a very easily countered mythic, and with any nerfs to Death Mark means Death, the poor fellow, gets kicked even more and becomes a crappier mythic

You think Death is a bad mythic?

Death is actually balanced well for a mythic.

And I would consider this a buff to him. He deathmarks everyone and then does damage, with a changed deathmark it would double all of the damage he does.

Less of a lottery win.

4 Likes

Or what if only one troop at a time can have hunters mark? So picking a new target automatically removes the mark from the old one

1 Like

This could make for some interesting play if you had a way to put a hunters mark on an ally. Eg put it on Gorgotha in last position, and have a high attack troop up front for your own skull matches.

1 Like

Also I wonder if some of the already existed classes will get some love upon release of the 3 new classes.

Still waiting for that deathmark thing to get a rework… like, maybe on an 8-match or something…

1 Like

if anything else then necromancer brings necromancy to hero classes ill be trolling it (necromancer) all over…

some consistency and common sense just should be maintained please …

2 Likes

Death is better than War and Plague combined already. The problem is that you want to balance him UP to even with Famine instead of bringing them both inline with a reasonable power curve.

Instant-death mechanics are not player friendly, that’s the bottom line. They remove strategic thinking and insert more RNG. All it does is end up making players mad.

If you really want to make Death a meaningful card, give him some real abilities. Right now he’s a glorified slot machine.

6 Likes

I’d also see Death as becoming stronger with the proposed change to Deathmark instead of weaker.
In the end you field a team and the guaranteed double damage to all can be huge and opens all kinds of great team setups for Death; say hello to Crimson Bats 30++ true damage to all, Gards Avatar, Krystenax etc. teams that devastate whole teams in a follow-up cast. And no stupid rng involved, all pros in my book, though i get that it is kind of a preference thing for some people.
Also if Deathmark actually would get changed, Deaths split damage value could surely be adapted for him to feel a bit more destructive on his own, though honestly i don’t think that is needed in any way.

2 Likes

Edit. Deleted my last post as no one is able to understand why I’m not very happy about the changes. As no one is able to understand the significance of Death having Death Marks ATM

What if DM prof rate was based on HP %?
Further from full higher it gets??

2 Likes

That sounds cool too, except I wouldn’t trust the HP% calculation atm considering how weird Hydra behaves when you start piling +Life effect on it. :disappointed_relieved: