New Hero Classes! Details inside!

So, I am a big fan of new content and I love to speculate:

Share your ideas for what the new Hero Classes (Deathknight, Titan, and Oracle) might have in store for us!

Perks, Traits, Colors, Class Weapons???

Any Speculation is GOOD speculation! :wink:

EDIT: @Ashasekayi found the details below and posted so, speculation is over, but as always, all spoilers are subject to change before release SOā€¦ Enjoyā€¦ for now. :wink:

2 Likes

Do you think Deathknight might bring necromancy to the hero class?

I am really intrigued by what Oracle might bring. Iā€™m thinking along the lines of Enchanting and Mana Stormsā€¦

This was the last info I saw posted by Lyya a long time ago:

DEATHKNIGHT
Legendary Ghulvania Knight
Crypt Keeper (14 Purple)
Deathmark an enemy. Deal [Magic + 1] true damage to all enemies below them, boosted by enemy Death Marks.
(Undead Bond, Warded, Deathly Aura)

Choose one Perk to activate: Unholy Armor, Dark Gift, Risen Knight
MAX Attack:14 Life:26 Armor:21 Magic:8
Magic Bonus when using purple weapons

Deathly Aura: Death Mark a random enemy on 4 or 5 Gem matches.

Uses Arcane Dark.

ORACLE
Legendary Divinion Fields Centaur
Staff of Visions (14 Purple)
Give an ally [Magic + 1] random Skill Points. Also give them Barrier and 3 - 10 random Mana.
(Centaur Bond, Invigorated, Portent)

Choose one Perk to activate: Vision of Health, Vision of Power, Vision of Home
MAX Attack:12 Life:32 Armor:19 Magic:8
Magic Bonus when using purple weapons

Portent: All Centaurs gain 2 Magic when an enemy casts a spell.

Uses Arcane Plains.

TITAN
Legendary Stormheim Giant
Thorodin (14 Blue)
Deal [Magic + 1] damage to the first enemy, boosted by ally Giants. [5x]
(Giant Bond, Big, Giant Lord)

Choose one Perk to activate: Mighty Heart, Titanā€™s Strength, Giant Kin
MAX Attack:15 Life:30 Armor:16 Magic:8
Magic Bonus when using blue weapons

Giant Lord: All Giants start battle with 50% Mana.

Uses Arcane Blood.

PS: I put this in the spoiler category.

Also, happy forum b-day, @efh313! :tada:

7 Likes

Thanks for the info @Ashasekayi and the spoiler. I didnā€™t worry about blurring the NAMES of the classes since a dev dropped those in an official post. But this stuff definitely should be.

Ironically, this was EXACTLY what I was looking for, but my search skills pale in comparison to you oh mighty kitty!

Thanks again, Ash! :wink:

1 Like

Rawr. (And, youā€™re welcome. :smile_cat: )

3 Likes

Oracle looks extremely weak, Titan looks good in a good way, Deathknight looks bad in the worst way (may spurn one of the worst metas to date). Still holding out hope Deathknightā€™s third trait gets reworked before they are releasedā€¦

6 Likes

I ā€œassumeā€ they already nerfed or plan to nerf Deathknightā€™s last trait.

2 Likes

I really hope they go another route with the Titan class weapon before release. Thorodin is a shittier Warlordā€™s battlecry (less damage even with the dependancy of 4 giants on the team and canā€™t be targetted), in addition giants really arenā€™t in need of just another meh basic singletaget spellā€¦just saying.

They should rather make Thorodin something about heavy AoE damage or some added board control, or team buffing, strong status effectsā€¦whatever, you know any of the stuff that giants really have a giant(!) lack off currently.

As much as I like the idea of USING itā€¦ having it used against me is frightening enough that I MUST agree 100% with this. Its just not even reasonableā€¦ :frowning:

As for Titanā€¦ I may start building my team now! :wink:

Oracle needs to offer moreā€¦ I like the class weapon but the third trait seems lack-luster when compared with Titanā€™s for example.

1 Like

I wouldnā€™t mind a 50% chance to death mark on 4 or 5 gem matches.

1 Like

What if Thorodin read as follows:

Select an ally: Explode Magic+1 gems of that allyā€™s color. If ally is a Giant, ally gains random status effect

That would provide explosion and status buffs which giants are missingā€¦??

1 Like

If Deathly Aura doesnā€™t get changed I expect people to do thisā€¦

9 Likes

Why in the world did he took his hand over the mouthā€¦made everything 10 times worseā€¦ :wink:

5 Likes

Because if he hadnā€™t vomit would have been spewing hilariously out of his sleeve!!! :scream:

3 Likes

Ah yeah i left out explosions on the long list of stuff Giants miss, and i like your Thorodin more than the one in the files already!

1 Like

Still would. The issue is that a single match 4 or 5 can cause you to lose a troop outright which requires a specific type of play and teambuilding that becomes grating over long periods of time. Doesnā€™t matter if its 50%, or 25%, or 10% all the way down until the point where people stop using it altogether. All this does is make it even less reliable on offense and even more irritating on defense.

6 Likes

Death Mark is just not a fun mechanicā€¦
Or to be blunt:
Its hella fun on OFFENSE, when it procs,
but is rage inducing, vomit spewing madness on DEFENSE, when it procs.

Because of this juxtaposition of emotion, its a device that most players would simply rather not have in the game.

7 Likes

I would love for that trait to be removed completely but since that wonā€™t happen a 50% to death mark is better than always death marking. I would actually prefer death mark just be removed from the game completely.

2 Likes

AMEN. :wave::+1::ok_hand::fist:

1 Like

No way for us to know if most do or do not want death mark in game. But, I like death mark. That said, Iā€™m sure that the forum will blow up with rage if anything in the game getā€™s deathmark on 4+ matches. So, it would be better to just go ahead and nix it before the rage.

1 Like