New gem-transformer troop ideas

Excellent points from Zelfore. (Re the PS:) I was sort of looking at the ‘more like Mercy’ concept in abject horror given what she did to the game for a while, but that’s just it, its not really that way now is it…

I don’t think simple looper pairs are intrinsically bad, though with a smarter AI they’d have the potential to really destroy the fun of the game. Since that cat is out of the bag with Spider/Seer and Alchemist/Hellcat, it’s up to the dev team to ensure the AI remains fun should it get revamped.

More color combos opens up the other two troops for interesting “finishers” that are not possible with the duo loopers we currently have.

2 Likes

I was aiming for less damage than Hellcat, washing the first two troops.

I like.

Nah, doesn’t feel Epic.

Would be the appropriate action.

Will think on that.

I’d like that too. When I get time, I will add a couple.

Wow I love all of those!!!

Especially could see myself using kitsune and myrmidon. Mandrake feels a bit weak because 1 true damage is basically nothing and poison is dramatically underpowered. All the rest seem like great additions

While this is technically true, I would rather have more transformers and less useless troops that have been coming out weekly that do pretty much the same basic thing as other cards (damage or support utility), most of which are useful to early to mid game players, forgetting about endgame.

This will at least spice up our current teams, even for end game players, and allow more diversity rather than being pigeon holed into the same transformers just because there isn’t another option.

So yes, technically it is unnecessary, but I personally would love to see more of them to spice the game up a bit.

3 Likes

Yeah great point. I’d rather have somewhat useful troops, than the troops we’ve been seeing come down the pipeline.

1 Like

I would like Mini Bone Dragons that created mana of the color troop hi strips of armor.

Interesting idea… but needs careful handling because of Armour scaling… can’t have ever-increasing numbers of gems being spawned… let’s see what they do to fix the BD first…

@zelfore @Shimrra I added two further ideas to the OP for Mercy-style transformers… pasting here too…

(edited to update the Garuda idea)

DUSKTALON

Epic Dragon’s Claw Elemental Strix Green/Yellow
Spell: Twister 13 mana
Deal [Magic+?] damage to a random enemy and switch their place with another random enemy. Transform all Brown gems to Red to boost the damage (ratio 2:1).
Traits: Agile, Fire Brand, Empowered

CAERN

Epic Maugrim Woods Fey Wargare Brown/Yellow
Spell: Brawn 14 mana
Give a target ally +[Magic/2+?] Attack and Armour. Transform all Blue gems to Green to boost the effect (ratio 3:1). Give the ally +5 mana.
Traits: Wargare Bond, Bark Skin, Empowered

1 Like

We already have a Garuda troop coming in Suncrest :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Spoilers :smiley:

I edited it to replace name/theme slightly… He can be a Strix hero that trains with the Dragons :smiley:

And @Nimhain your Garuda had better have Naga Slayer trait… or will be sending the mythological-correctness police around…

We shall make sure he does.

1 Like

I’m not sure I’m ready to evaluate more Mercy-style troops :stuck_out_tongue:

Alriiiight. Honestly I don’t like the idea of a combination of Mercy and Dust Devil. That would be the most irritating thing ever to see in defense. Not gamebreaking, but irritating. As it stands, that should be 14 like the next one…

…which I think is fine. Buff is going to be random, therefore fairly hard to make useful in defense. It could potentially drop down to 12 and lose the +5 mana, which seems like an over-complication.

Bonus points for the wolf, it gets an automatic yes from me. I know that means ever so much to you. :smiley:

I… am… complete now…

2 Likes

I actually kinda like Dusktalon, personally. His targeting is random so there’s no guarantee he’ll heavily effect team comp. If found to be especially troublesome a player could just run Spirit Fox as they’ll also strip one of Dusktalon’s colors from the board.

Alternatively, Dusktalon could target the 2nd and 3rd troops specifically and deal some damage to both. (Maybe at a 3:1 ratio.) If for example there are only 1 or 2 troops left, the swap would not activate, and when there’s only 1 enemy remaining the damage would be rendered ineffective.

Caern looks good. His high cost and incompatibility with Gorg immediately will render him less useful after the initial cast. I also like the idea of an Empowered mana provider. Very neat!

Alternatively, if the mana providing was cut, then I’d agree with Shimrra that he’d be fine as a 12 cost.

1 Like

You know, with 3.0 confirmed for tomorrow, and ALL the changes it will bring…
It got me thinking… :thinking:

You know what this game needs?

A troop that creates skulls and scales that creation on total armor stripped at a 1:1 ratio…

Yeah… that would be Awesome! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes