Mythic-Chasers: like myth-busters, but not

I realize that, I’m just trying to imagine a situation where someone has gold, what can you do with gold if you’ve leveled your kingdoms? gold keys? buy some more statue levels for your own guild? what if you don’t need to?

Why do people play the lottery? I know I’d rather spend 1M gold on a slot machine for a chance at something better than sinking it into the purple statue and get a stack of souls I don’t need.

What’s in it for the guild? someone has to give up their spot, 29 other people get the legendary task reward - if there were a supply of outsiders willing to spin the wheel, the guild could rotate who gets left out and everyone comes out ahead.

This would be a great racket for the guild leader.

1 Like

@Legion_5
FYI as a lottery bet, the odds on your suggestion simply don’t look good. I’m in a guild where we’ve done 6 to 8 legendary tasks a week, and 90% of the time the legendary rewards are the same as what you’d get from the basic tasks, only much more expensive. The most frequent other reward? It isn’t Arcanes or a Legendary troop. Instead we tend to get a lot of Minor non-red traitstones.

I do keep hoping for a Mythic troop from our Legendary tasks; but as I said, the probability is very uncertain. As far as I know, only one guild has managed to pull a Mythic so far, out of all the Legendary tasks completed by guilds to date.

And My Search for Pharos Mythic Continues!

Chest-wise, I’m now down to the wire while hunting for Pharos-Ra… I’ve been reduced to a couple hundred Glory keys and a single lot of 501 gems for my Gem keys. I don’t know whether veteran chest players would bet on switching to doing individual chest pulls at this point. Keep using the 50 chest lots? I don’t know, I’m really mystified by how the RNG behaves.

1 Like

But… it’s about having them in your collection! Something to look at in awe! Something to share camp side stories about with your guild members, how you personally had to wrest them from the twenty thousandth gem chest you opened, while getting bitten by Mimics again and again! Who would possibly think about ever fielding them? They might get lost, dirty or even hurt themselves enough to drop a level in rarity! Unthinkable!!!

That said, I finally got lucky and pulled a Pharos-Ra. Which possibly proves you can get anything just by complaining enough on the forums. Now, did I mention that my collection is also desperately missing a Gard’s Avatar? :innocent:

2 Likes

Hmm interesting… I might try that.

Did I say that I’ve spent all my keys and half of my gems stash and didn’t get him? I know I’ll get him eventually… Can that “eventually” be today please?

2 Likes

It all depends on how much you pray to RNGesus. I got two from 50 VIP chests. :wink:

2 Likes

Imo, the best way to get ahold of one of these mythics is to have your lucky _____ nearby. Person or thing, doesn’t matter, but I swear it ups the chances. Lucky for me, I AM that person for whom good luck is there when it matters… you should see me rolling dice in a tabletop game when the party is half dead and the dragon is about to win!

1 Like

i want to be there in your team (i dont mind being half dead) playing with you the tabletop! :sob:

tell me tell me is there any chance for that to happen? :3

1 Like

i totally agree,
yet my quote you commented was not about that. it was directed to a person who said to quit pvp due to lack of mythics in their possesion.
so i just wanted to explain doing pvp without mythics is totally fine :slight_smile:

1 Like

Only if you live nearby southern Florida. We hold live sessions every week (almost). My husband is GM. I can do it too, but I am an accountant and it is tax season, plus I am taking Master’s classes, so I don’t have the time! But we are always looking for fun and interested players!

1 Like

Well we DO have one guildmember in particular, where his Luck is good enough that we’ve joked it’d be wonderful if it could rub off on us too… :blush:

UPDATE. Single pulls on Glory keys didn’t work for getting Pharos. Got that small stash of Gem keys where I used a few, and got a couple Ultra Rares and a green Runic. Still waiting to feel lucky!

I’m starting to wonder about the psychology involved here in doing these chest openings. You know, how the game seems to encourages you to Bet the farm and go all-in with all your chips, so to speak. The luck of the draw, the thrill of the chase. But betting all one’s resources ISN’T the type of behaviour one would like to see people engage in, in real life. In fact, ideally this type of excess is exactly what we’d want to discourage in general, no? We could argue that Yes it’s Just A Game and one of our few entertainments during the day. But still…

The best games are the ones that make us feel good about the challenges and choices we undertake.

So I don’t know if it’s actually possible to pull Mythics like Pharos-Ra from relatively few keys. Indeed I could certainly use him… I do still need the Souls. :ghost:

1 Like

I was wondering if I was bugged lol… been playing for 5 weeks or so now, in a very active guild, hit level 250 something and have all kingdoms at 10 with 1/2/3 gold stars.

Yet I haven’t seen a single mythic troop…

Drop rate seems a bit to low to be honest…

1 Like

To be honest, you are still only in the “early mid game” and shouldn’t read much into the gacha rates yet…

(not intending to be condescending, sorry: just don’t think you’ve been around long enough to have a statistically sound reason to complain yet)

2 Likes

Oh, I’m not complaining, well, at least I didn’t mean to be :slight_smile:

Let me try to worth it better:
As a player, it’s nice to be working towards something. And this game is largely base on that principal.
After investing this much time into it, and never even seeing a mythic card, it puts players of the game.
Especially considering that I get pitted against decks of 4 mythic cards all the time in pvp.

I understand the angle you’re looking at it from. Old players vs new players.

But I look at it from an angle of time invested into a game.
After investing over a 100 hours into a game, you should be able to see something of the end game.
It’s great that there is so much to do, and that you can spend so much time in it. That is just great game design.

But for example… you could have been rewarded a mythic card for hitting level 100 or 200. And then a 2nd for hitting level 500 and one for hitting level 1000. Reward the work, and not just randomness.

2 Likes

wanna get mythic fast? create new account. most i seen getting mythic so far is low level accounts. long time players probably had used up their account luck.

invading with mythic is a total drag. defending however, can cause much nuisance to disrupt or prolong the fight. but don’t take my word for it. i don’t even have enough mythic to support my claim :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

They actually have this sort of setup in the Growth Packs that are available. Yes they aren’t free, and your suggestion was to bake it into the base game, but just wanted to point out that this sort of system sort of exists already.

Also worth remembering that a card’s current rarity and base rarity are two different things. So unless you’re going up against teams made up of the 10 base Mythics (War, Famine, Plauge, Death, Gard’s Avatar, Wulfgarok, Pharos-Ra, Abynissia, Draakulis, Jotnar Stormshield) then the cards you see that are mythic are a product of getting multiple copies of the card and ascending them to higher rarities.

4 Likes

I actually have to put a few words here. I’m level 208 on PC/mobile and I have two base mythic cards and one card ascended to mythic. I have to say it’s all intuition when to open and when not to. Like Annaerith said it’s all down to knowing when to open chests.

2 Likes

I’m not paying 50 dollars for a mythic card… lol. That is not rewarding the player for time invested.
I’m now level 308, with 251 hours played on PC and over 100 on Android/iOS.
I do not have a single mythic card.

I know the mythic cards aren’t the end all cards, but it would still be nice to have gotten some at this point in time. And rewarding certain level achievements with a mythic card would do that.

I’d like to restate that I’m not complaining… I’m very happy with my current team.
It’s just something that would make the game better imo :wink:

EDIT: I like to add that I’m in an active guild, that reaches over 20k seals each week and finishes 2 tasks completely and the others half way.

1 Like

I’m level 1150-ish and have played literally 1000’s of hours. I’m in a guild that gets 40K seals and completes all 6 tasks and 1 or 2 legendary tasks a week. I have 5 mythics and 3 of them are new in the last few months. So for nearly 1000 levels, I had gotten only 2 mythics.

Mythics are so ridiculously hard to acquire they’re not even worth thinking about. That being said, this has been discussed with Sirrian and they’re looking at ways to change this.

Ok ill add my 2 cents fwiw

I got my first mythic(famine) around level 50 or so

Didnt get another one until Pharos ra week and was lucky enough to have almost all the traitstones to fully trait it which i completed about a week later… I was level 400ish

The next mythic i got was jotnar, again in his event week and from a guild chest no less

The only cards i dont have are the remaining mythics and 3 stupid elusive imps

I am now almost level 500 and i am actually the leader of @Mad_Butch s guild

All that being said…

I find that tho the mythics may be nice they are more like gravy imo

By that i mean… I look at it like “if i get a mythic cool, if not nbd” i use pharos to generate souls while doing pvp when the event rewards arent effected by my pvp team but rarely use famine(fully traited btw) and only used jotnar on defense during the recent event that awarded snotstones for killing giants

So i dont get too worked up over natural mythics… I get more frustrated by not getting the damn imps i dont have lol

2 Likes

Fortunately, whilst some Mythics are very strong, none is essential for being competitive. Gravy logic works.

2 Likes