My very first match against Deathknight class

yes - to make one factor that makes the difference for guild: is it a community or just a bunch of single players bundled together

why shouldnt it be a factor that makes difference? if that discriminates solo players so be it, its suppose to be war of guilds

what makes you think “best guild” needn’t be communicative to count as a best one? i think thats actually lame definition if so
plus we already have “single player guild ranking” for trophies

also you can always just go with mab-justice combo and ingore the enemy team, scouted or not, as some ppl say in here… (i know i wont go for that but its an option lol)

The mab/justice team is not infallible and can easily be stopped in its tracks with freeze. This is why not scouting would be more fun IMO - you don’t gain the advantage of knowing whether the opponent has that troop that can exploit an OP invading team’s Achilles heel.

1 Like

I get your point, but what you want is the case anyways. If your guild is very communicative and talks about enemy teams and strategies for them you have an advantage no matter what. It doesn’t need an inconvenient downward scouting dependency for that.

2 Likes

Ok then I also get your point :slight_smile:
But this is where we disagree as I think inconvenience is needed
Right now I wouldn’t need to talk with guild at all as I always do my teams on my own, I don’t consider myself an elite strategies but good enough to win normally like many players, If a guild of players like me could be successful at guild wars with no members communication I consider it rather lame achievement. The communication is something I think needed to require rather then a bonus, that’s how I see it
Make best guild war results a real community achievement not a personal achievement only

Somewgwre earlier in the thread I agreed that the inconveniences could be put only on the 2 highest rank enemies, I think it’s fair compromise

1 Like

Stop trying to make me talk to my guildmates, they hate me!

6 Likes

I just had a deathknight do a complete team wipe on 5th GW battle…

I get changing team based on enemy but thats not as simple in GW when you are trying to use a certain color…

Just wicked frustrating to lose a battle that you were winning because of one trait

3 Likes

I believe Deathmark all enemies upon death is far too powerful and annoying for a class. It possibly should be, death mark 2 random enemies upon death. @Nimhain

4 Likes

I’d honestly forgotten they buffed deathmark a while back as I have not run into any problems with first-turn wipes yet. It sounds like they just need to nerf it back to its former state and give a 1-turn grace period before it can activate. The dev team has repeatedly express their interest in counters not nerfs, so encouraging Cleanse teams would be perfectly in line with this.

1 Like

Honestly it’s pretty stupid to lose even one single troop, by chance, because you killed the Death Knight.

This was the only thing ruining my perfect score today, and if that’s what takes to compete with other skilled players for every point we can gain, or prevent others from gaining, even an Certified Idiot (My certification can be checked with @htismaqe :stuck_out_tongue:) like me can predict how this will end…

Anyway i’m more mad for losing a troop to such dirty trick and i’m mostly moderated (maybe because i haven’t been visiting a lot) the forums. I can’t wait to see the high tide of angry threads about this class. :wink:

2 Likes

:smiley:

Seriously though, Deathknight is going to be the new Bone Dragon.:tm:

Bank on it.

2 Likes

Yeah… My evil side is telling me to trait this class and use on all my defensive teams, meanwhile my worse side is telling me to commit unspeakable acts that are not even related to GoW at all.
I wonder how it’s to have a good side. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

The thing is, they’re not even good defense teams. There are definitely better ones in PvP that have a much better chance of actually winning. These teams don’t win. They’re only good b/c they have a decent chance at killing a single troop, which is enough to piss off people trying to be golden gods.

1 Like

Yep. Despite being partially wrecked by DK in my own matches, putting him on defense led me to an 0-15 defense streak that only ended when I took him off the team.

The whole concept of the class is not generating interesting battles or combinations at all, it’s just worse at GW because of how the score follows some equations. And at the higher brackets the class can become quite dominant as a random element determinating if your guild will reach the max score, or not, defining the places at the top by mere chance sometimes…

Surely people can try to avoid bad results by leaving the DK as the last enemy to be killed, sometimes it will add much unneeded trouble specially if there are more troops that need attention on their own. Also as Death Mark can trigger on your next turn you are unsure if you will have a chance to cleanse it if possible by using Mercy or something else.

I’d rather see a rework to make DK some sort of “Undead Mechanist” adding fun elements into the game.

While DK needs a re-work, the biggest issue IMO is Death Mark. It’s needs a 1-turn ramp instead of zero. It always did - 2 was too long.

4 Likes

True, because we can’t fit troops with cleanse in every day color and still manage the max score. And i’m even not considering the issue with sinergy in the teams.

But doesn’t that just mean every color needs a cleanser? That seems like their style…

I don’t like Deadknights concept either and voiced my opinion about that in the spoilers thread once its third trait was changed shortly before release.
However i realized in that discussion that some people really like the idea of the martyr hero whose sole purpose is to die as fast as possible, and with 13 hero classes to chose from it’s ok that this one seems idiotic for me personally.
There are ways to counter his trait, the simplest one being to kill the Deadknight last which proved to be an absolutely foolproof strategy for me so far. Stun being another one with a myriad of ways to inflict Stun, including a targeted Stun spell for every mana colour.

Deadknight is really getting way too much hype for something that is outplayed so easily and relatively effortlessly. And when i read comparisons with Bone Dragon or Famine i can really only shake my head on those remarks.

Anyways what we all can agree on it seems is that Deathmark needs a change, mostly the 1 turn arming period, to allow for controlled counterplay.

Maybe what makes DK much more irksome is how we are restricted on our deck building choices (for max score) at Guild War battles wich limits some options of how to deal with him.

I’ve used Maw today and i hadn’t another option but to kill DK with skull damage, and even if i could get a free turn chance to get rid of Death Mark i would risk losing a troop or three troops at least the same way, becase the only brown troop with Cleanse is Emperina and it’s single targeted, but to use her i would need a whole new setup… And if i would opt for a mass cleansing effect i would again incur on some points loss because of the restriction of using all Brown troops today.

Sure, there are also more ways to deal with DK that i hadn’t thought yet, or maybe i won’t just share it :imp:

So is it really worth to have such troop that adds more trouble to GW?

I think people are already unsatisfied with enough stuff, and DK’s trait just fuels the whole thing with more frustration.

On a side note everytime i see/write DK here i think of Donkey Kong

It is less trouble to deal with Deadknights than it is to deal with dozens of other troops in the game that you have to counter in some way to avoid more certain losses on your team.
If killing the Deadknight last (or more precise in your final sequence of turns) is really that unfeasable in a certain setup, then you literally just have to replace any one of your troops with a Stun spell troop of the daily appropriate colour(if you don’t happen to spam Stun in another way already with EK fe).
I have to jump through much more hoops to battle teams that field Famine, Emperor Korvash, generally focus on manadrain or _Devour_s of any kind.