My Collection on Gems of War Database - Auto Updates!

Have you checked TDM?

I mean, I won’t speak on Lyya’s behalf, but she said this about adding an extra column to the table:

And this about a “clear filters” option.

I honestly think TDM might offer exactly what you need, except that afaik it doesn’t import data from the game or from Lyya’s collection, so you’d have to do it manually =/

1 Like

It looks impressive, but I have not used it. I was aware of it before, but did not want to enter data manually. Now I’m still not inclined to use it because I don’t want to keep two different trackers in sync. If that makes me lazy, then so be it.

Lyya’s automated solution is great as-is - I was just offering ideas for potential augmentation.

And I would think of this as a new screen for kingdom completion, versus adding columns on existing pages. But that’s just me and I am no expert.

Yeah, always nice to have ideas. If they don’t work, shame, but they can always inspire other people =)

It’s a good suggestion, and I agree it’d probably have to be a new page (either a “planner” or “what-if” sort of page). I’ll keep it under consideration! Thanks for the input.

6 Likes

Yeah, I may have both explained it badly and gotten a little carried away. That’s probably a feature more designed for people who would download the CSV and run it through a suite of analysis software than the average person. :slight_smile:

Speaking of which, as one of Those People (hey it’s my job, don’t judge), being able to export our collection is about the greatest thing ever. Thank you so much for making this possible.

And for the record, if in the future you want to do some analytics on the data you have available, let me know. I make my living pulling meaning out of vast piles of data, and would be perfectly content spending some of my non-work time digging into whatever you may have available.

Right on, it’s no problem. I’m a huge number nerd too so I know where you’re coming from!

I just added the missing columns now to the CSV export (baseRarity, count, invasions) so that gives you (and other tools developers) more goodies to play with if you so desire.

4 Likes

It’s fixed! Thank you so much! :smile:

Is the column Count - number of cards you own of that troop?

If so there seems to be a random bug since not all counts are correct

For example here, Archon Statue and Baby Dragon only have 4 troops yet the count says 5 on My Collection side.

Thanks, I’ll take a look.

2 Likes

Followed up in private; looks like it was an intermittent discrepancy. If someone can reproduce this behavior, please let me know.

1 Like

checked count of all troops starting with A, B, C, D and everything was fine for me

Note to self: return a better error message when the servers are :poop: ing the :bed: .

16 Likes

Is that going to be the error message?

“GOW servers are :poop: ing the :bed:. Please try again later.”

21 Likes

seems like the helmet of the 50$ armor for male orc gets missplaced?

ill check when i get home is it related to browser or not

That wouldn’t be a browser issue. Thanks for the report, I’ll look into it.

I see the issue, will have a fix for this today.

that just signed in, I highly recommend something amazing :heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

Thanks for doing so much work for the community, @Lyya! Really amazing job. :slight_smile:

One feature request I’d love to see added at some point (if possible) would be the ability to sort the Kingdoms tab(? the menu on the far right with the Traistones, too) by level. That way it’d be really easy to see which kingdoms were left to upgrade. :slight_smile:

Also, do you have any kind of donation site setup? I’d love to be able to show my support for all the work you’ve done (since it’s really made the game that much more enjoyable). :slight_smile:

@Annaerith, issue should be fixed; let me know please if you see other armor placement issues; there’s probably some combination I missed.

@ogunther, Thanks for the suggestion. I’ll see if I can find a way to give you what you’re looking for regarding kingdom sorting.

Regarding donations, I really appreciate the offer! It means a lot to me to know someone would be willing to contribute money to support the tools I’ve made. However, I must respectfully decline. For one thing, the site is just a side project, and not one I’m looking to monetize in any way. For another, the GoW Database is a fansite, and exists mainly due to the hard work of others (images, game data, and almost everything comes from Infinite). I wouldn’t feel right (and don’t understand the legalities of) accepting money when I’m essentially redisplaying content created by others.

Please don’t take that the wrong way! I’m honored by the offer, and hope to continue to provide a service as the game evolves in the future.

19 Likes

Not at all; I respect that but it just makes me want to donate that much more lol :wink:

1 Like