Multiple times I've seen wrong Mana # awarded

This stuff is so confusing to me that beyond a certain point, I stop counting and just think of the number of mana as “lots” . Sometimes “lots and lots” .

2 Likes

Me too. I hate math, I just wanna kill stuff.

IKR, but at the same time all I want is to see a blob that should clearly give me more than 10 and have it do so. That’s it.

2 Likes

The first couple sentences of Sirrian’s post are revealing to me. Even he is not sure how these things are supposed to work and says the results are ‘open to interpretation’.

1 Like

Any one noticed these bugs while charging only ONE troop?

As far as I’m concerned, I’ve witnessed it only when mana was supposed to spill over to a second unit AND the mana collected resulted from (multiple matches OR a BIG match (10+))

I think this is one of the condition for some of the bugs (at least those where we collect less mana than intended), something like “I collected 6 + 6 mana at the same time, the first ‘mana group’ of 6 filled the mana of my first unit and spilled over to my 2nd troop, then when the second ‘mana group’ was counted, it tried filling the first troop wich was already full, so (because of a bug) it wasn’t counted”
At least this would explain some of the behaviours I’ve seen…

That’s interesting. It could be working like the split damage bug where it is currently using up more than the required damage to kill a troop sometimes.

I started to notice this bug with this build ( - YouTube ) … it happens over and over when trying to feed IK who stalls out at 11 or 17 usually on 1st Alch cast because of this issue.

In my experience, you never get bonus mana for anything above a match 5, eg, a match 6, or 7, that can be resolved in the same pattern as a match 5 will always give you (5 x 2) + Banners and links. For example, a full column of 8 alternating red/blue red/blue that gets converted to blue would always award 10 mana plus whatever banners and links you have. A huge continuous “T” or “L” having 8 gems in it still counts as a match 5. As far as I know, its never worked any other way, which I figured was intentional because it is similar to the way skulls works. (I actually had a theory that in some early beta build of the game, skull mastery and random critical hits from skulls that actually dealt double damage were a thing but were dropped, but the “Critical Hit” sound was left in when they were “guaranteed” from a match 5).

Is mana not supposed to work like this? Sometimes the way the individual matches resolved can be a bit questionable as to what constitutes a separate match, but I’ve never expected, for example, a 6 match to award 12 mana plus banners.

Bone Dragon don’t work like that!

2 Likes

I’d say it does :stuck_out_tongue:

(But seriously, if you manage to have enough armor on an enemy to fill the entire board with skulls, you’d only get attack + 2 damage and one resolved skull match)

Skull matches clearly don’t work the same as mana matches, so bringing Bone Dragon into the discussion is mostly pointless.

Just for the sake of experimenting, I tried filling the board with a single mana color (Tassarion is the only troop I’m aware of that can do it). a board full of yellow got me at least 20 mana, yet was only considered as a single 5 match regarding gold gain.

6 Likes

Okay, so, some tests… it seems it doesn’t quite work the way I expected either.

Completely filling every slot of the board (64 gems matched) with one color gave me credit for one match 5, but with a +2 banner, this awarded 34 mana. On a color with no banner bonus, this awarded 32 mana total. This is much higher than what I estimated, and much lower than the other estimates in this thread. The full board match did award a single match 5 (only 5 gold bonus and mana surge).

1 Like

Huh. I can’t see any rationale that would explain those numbers, unless there is some kind of hard cap on mana matches.

Beautiful. That board looks a lot like batik.

1 Like