Mono Color Team Help

This week I tried out:

Dragon Soul
Shadow Dragon
Elemaugrim
Venbarak

Abyssal banner. With the two magic links meant that even with no surge, each purple match was at least seven mana. So that was nice.

Just went for the idea of each cast at least once most enemies would be defeated. And looping Dragon Soul would be ok as it was getting maximum damage. Overpower with maximum AOE damage before the opponent can do too much.

Won all five without losing a troop.

It has a quite few weaknesses and is no way a ā€˜safeā€™ team to use, due to no reliable summon, mana drain, big single target damage to take out priority targets etc. However I find that some of the fun. On the edge of pants games! :slight_smile:

In my final battle possession triggered after a DM, so that was cool! :wink:

2 Likes

Awesome teams @polyester and @Drathas!
Thanks for sharing them with usšŸ˜Ž

Now if i had just gotten eleā€¦:worried:

1 Like

Now if only I had the traitstones for eleā€¦

1 Like

Lol no doubtšŸ˜

So, Iā€™m noticing a lot of these teams donā€™t have anything to guarantee Deathknight wonā€™t kill half your team (or just flat out all of it) when you kill it and no way to target around it to avoid killing it first (especially if you are using an exploder + AoE, which can random cascade into skulls and kill the deathknight a couple turns earlier than the rest of the group). Are you guys just not seeing as many Death Knights as I have or do you just throw caution to the wind and take your diceroll, hoping it wonā€™t ruin your day? Genuinely curious. On red and purple day, I end up bringing a Void Portal (with dark troll, rarely TDS) and Corrupt Sorceress, respectively, along with at least one other impervious or warded troop if they have a deathknight, because stunning options are extremely limited. On the other days, Iā€™ll generally just bring a stunner or a hard loop with cleanse or barrier.

Any team builds that have war, tesla, or Pharos Ra?

Yep I donā€™t see a lot of Deathknights in my Guild War battles. In general Iā€™ll throw caution to the wind, and bank on traits activating (like possession as above).

Generally, Iā€™ll look at the teams effective HP pool first before the battle and decide that if they can be mown down in three to four AOE casts then Iā€™ll bank on just going for pure damage instead of bringing utility to counter a couple of status effects.

If not, then Iā€™ll change up as required.

My guild is in bracket 17 currently I think, if you were wondering.

Plus I wanted to use the new mythic this week too.

1 Like

In bracket 1, itā€™s either DK / Death / Famine or Forest Guardian / Kerberos with an occasional Khorvash teamā€¦

3 Likes

After deathmark is changed all that weā€™ll see are FG/Kerberos teams unless the devs make a change to that meta at the same time.

2 Likes

Itā€™s definitely probable.

@Vangor

Thanks for posting!

I have a question about your Blue team. Looks good with cleanse and mostly True Damage. Did you run into any difficulty without a summoner on the team?

Again thanks for the ideas. PS: I donā€™t have and Abynissia :frowning:

1 Like

@Strat not yet but i have subbed in bat for wight and spider for apoth which is a mana converter and summoner but you lose the cleanseā€¦ Just depends on the team im facing

1 Like

I just got pharos-ra and am nowhere near having him traited or leveled. I have every other non-mythic but Queen Yzzy. Any other blue suggestions for this week until I can get Pharos fully online?

I won all my matches with Emperor Khorvash, Crimson Bat, Giant Spider, Psion. But a couple battles were really close and I wasnā€™t in love with the team.

For blue I had good success with Behemoth, Apothecary, Mab, and EK (http://ashtender.com/gems/teams/6077,6256,6191,6227?banner=3026), but didnā€™t have a summoner.

I have pretty solid teams for every color except yellow. I still canā€™t make up my mind on what yellow team is my favorite. Last week, I used Prince Azquila, Desert Mantis, Garuda and Heronath. I swear though, Desert Mantis is the worst! His gems never, ever end up in the right places. I think once I level up Gorgotha, I will have to substitute him out for Desert Mantis. I have also played with the idea of building a solid team around Abynissia, but havenā€™t come up with a good one quite yet.

By far my favorite team I have concocted so far is my go-to red team: Carnex, Jarl, Terraxis and Elemaugrim. Everyone is traited out, except for Elemaugrim. I just put this team together last week, and it is vicious. It tore through everyone, including a 4 horseman team, as well as a double Famine team. I think its only weakness is true damage, but that is only is you canā€™t get the loop going quickly. Once the loop has started, any team is pretty screwed haha. Having Elemaugrim and Carnex also comes in handy against devourers, especially with Elemaugrim as my last troop (which makes Kraken defense teams ineffective).

2 Likes

Yellow, try thisā€¦
Gorgotha
Moloch
Moloch
Abynissia

3 Likes

I swap 1 moloch for hellcat, keeps it looping a little bit.

2 Likes

2 does twice as much damage to skill killing with his legendary trait. You donā€™t really need hellcat because aby is blue purple so gets filled easily and can also fill the others.
Try it. No more secrets in public, especially if folks are going to sabotage them! War, what is it good for? Beating nemesis!
Lol
Good luck mate.

3 Likes

Iā€™ll defiantly try it