Maugrim Woods Rework... Rework... Rework (!)

I honestly dont see much of a point in refunds in this game since all cards count toward kingdom bonusses. …

2 Likes

People who don’t have everything focus their resources on building teams that they perceive as viable/enjoyable. They don’t all share your philosophy about how it’s all a means to an end regarding Kingdom Power.

In any case, anyone who has leveled a Legendary to Mythic 4x would want a refund for the 3x that suddenly became worthless. In some cases, like Store-bought Legendaries, that could have stiffed them out of $150. I think it’s safe to say they cannot make this change without a solid compensation plan in place.

6 Likes

@Lyya
Yep, its a very sticky situation when real money is involved.

Most likely the easiest way is to the to get the outcome you are looking for is to revamp most of the traits. Forcing less duplicate troops on teams by making multiple copies less efficient.

I like the idea, but I don’t think there would be much practical consequence… at least in the semi-late game (level 800) the only duplicates that show up often are Manticore and Courage, and they’re not legendary/mythic. Every once in a long while I’ll see a double Death, Famine, or Mab, but I don’t think those fights are really broken or unfun.

updated mine too…all ok

i dont think thats the case,
by my understanding ‘UNIQUE TRAIT’ is the 3rd trait of legendary or mythic unit (or guild guardians) - which is given to no other unit then that particular one and has its unique name too. necromancy doesnt include in that list

1 Like

ill go with that

1 Like

Since when can you buy specific legs other than glory and honestly why would anyone in a ever changing meta…

ppl do that, and there are legendaries sold for $ in the store too, if you did not notice

even not for the purpose to use 4 (but many actually wanna use 4) - but for completion purposes, some just wanna collect it and be done with.

so @Lyya is right

Why it’s possible to have x4 same Legendary/Mythic/Epic troops in the same team. Because of their idendity (ie has a name), they should be unique.

4 Likes

More likely they will just add the word unique before certain traits that would benefit too much from stacking. This way they can apply the limitation when they want to and not be forced to apply it everywhere.

3 Likes

“Why” is completely irrelevant. People have done it, and the proposed change is as close to “bait and switch” as you can get for those that elected to do so.

Wonder if they could flag certain future troops as “Unique”, which would prevent more than one on a team.

3 Likes

THanks for the explanation, I panicked a bit there!!

I just remind that devs added the Ascension system… And suddenly, you need more than 4 copies of each Legendaries. How much players disenchant their extra copies before the Ascension system?

I don’t see how one player can prove that they bought one “Legendary pack” only to have an extra copy of the Legendary and so on, has to be refund because game “rules” change.
This game updates and if now it’s possible to limit to 1 Mythic/Legendary/Epic in one team because there is enough different troops, I think it’s rightful to do that.

1 Like

If I bought something for $50 and it later turned out that the devs made a change to make it 100% useless, I’d be angry. I’m not sure how many people are in that position, but like you said, it’s impossible to predict. The devs would have a mess on their hands, people claiming refunds for purchases made, each of which would require time-consuming investigation.

For instance, let’s say I had one Famine on release week, but I really wanted two. I decided to buy Gems from the store to make a VIP purchase in hopes of getting a second one, a purchase I would never have made if I already had two Famines. Now, six months later, suddenly the second Famine becomes worthless. I’d want that money back – but how could the devs know that a given purchase was made with that intent in mind? What if I got another Legendary or two in that VIP purchase, something that’s provided more value than even the second Famine did? The refund request, if made, would be devilishly complex to unravel – and that’s just for one customer.

The fact remains that this would all be for a change that impacts the “flavor” of the game without addressing the teams that currently most benefit from doubling-up of troops (Manticore, Courage). I just don’t see it happening.

1 Like

Just to confirm - we’re not going to ever restrict troops to x1 in any current game mode.

We MAY introduce a game mode or mini game in the future with that restriction though, but for the CORE GAMEPLAY, there will always be 4x teams allowed

13 Likes

Except Arena, amirite? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

i really hoped that sometime in the future, i could set up all 20 of my team slots and any one of them would be available for someone else to play. it would add a bit of differences in playing (i know - kind of the opposite of what was suggested)

1 Like

I am glad I have never seen more than one Queen Mab or Bone Dragon or Infernal King in a team. I think I would run to hills if I did. It’s bad enough seeing them together in a team…

I’ve avoided today about 30 Kerbo teams or Warg teams. It seems everyone wants to get that out of their system before it’s gone.