Maugrim Woods Rework... Rework... Rework (!)

just little question,
i’ve already seen the change in Warg troop who summons Dire Wolf now,
but Kerberos still has Pyro trait…it still has to be changed or it’s just mine?
thx

just little question,
i’ve already seen the change in Warg troop who summons Dire Wolf now,
but Kerberos still has Pyro trait…it still has to be changed or it’s just mine?
thx

He has Necromancy for me.

Yeah, for the most part the troop functionality, bugs, and balance has been very good on console, as we are getting the full benefit of all the tweaking PRIOR TO deployment.

However when consoles catch up fully in 6 week to 2 months? The developers are going to have to be a bit more comprehensive in their update testing as quick patches and MS/Sony certification don’t quite mix.

1 Like

The game has two coding parts, server side (their servers) and client side like an xbox. There is also a data side that is not executable code on the Xbox side.
A coding problem with how a trait works, that’s a patch. But they can swap out traits without a patch. So a bugged trait can be replaced until it’s fixed.

And yet you got the 4x stealthy bug on consoles too. That one also happened on PC, though I guess you did skip the 25% dodge being 100%.

These are race conditions and are notiously difficult to test for in Q&A.

I’ll explain racing concepts simply.

imagine you want to fry an egg. the steps are Crack egg, put in frying pan, fry egg. You expect to follow those steps in that order. But because of the scripting language they use, each step is a separate process, so imagine three people each with one task.
Some times, cook number two puts egg in frying pan before cook one cracks the egg. It almost never happens, but for some reason outside the frying egg rules something delays one of the cooks.

Now why is peralel programing used if these errors can happen? well, imagine four hungry people wanting fried eggs. You have four frying pans, you could use one pan at a time, or four pans and cook all four eggs at once. But there is a chance you could put two eggs in one pan because two cooks drop their eggs in at the same time.

Well, how can you prevent this? Why does it happen? Thats, ummm, complicated. The short answer is limitations in the scripting language, idiosyncrasies in the language between hardware platforms, and idiosyncrasies with the hardware and hardware 's operating system.

@Sirrian approved? lol

1 Like

Another example of a race condition gone wrong is Donald Trump.

4 Likes

So… no more stacking necromancy? 'Cause that might be wrong.

Maybe a simpler solution would be to ban troop copies on defend teams only. And for invade you can use 4 boom bots if you like.

2 Likes

I really like the idea that someone else posted concerning base troop rarity and duplicate count.

Mythic/Legendary/Epic 1 (they are sort of “Named Troops” anyhow)
Ultra-Rare 2
Rare 3
Common 4

Something like that (I’m sure the count is off)

3 Likes

awww, but i love my 4 peasant defence team!!!

1 Like

I use Peasant, Dwarven Miner, Roc, Aziris on my defense team with Abyssal Banner.

Holdover from the time I accidentally changed my defense team to a single Peasant while ascending…

1 Like

I think the “angry mob” at least makes sense thematically. 4 clones of a named character, not so much.

Given how little documentation is available in-game on team formation already, I can’t imagine the graduated system being explained in a way that would make any sense. Conceptually, I like the idea, though.

1 Like

I feel like you’re already giving up enough to have more than 1 of a certain troop per team- You’re losing team bonuses, possible support traits, flexibility, and mana coverage. No idea why everyone’s in love with doing it by rarity, which is a totally arbitrary designation in the first place.

Either way, I trust the devs with whatever they implement. As Henry Ford said, if he asked the people what they wanted, they’d just say “a faster horse”.

5 Likes

@stan It was from a time when I couldn’t win on defense anyway because i’d managed to not trait or level the ‘current meta of the hour’ mostly because i couldn’t afford it. So, before PvP 2.0, i was in a “f-it” mood. I called it “You’re Welcome”.

I used to use some deliberately bad teams to generate more revenges. I had one that was pretty similar to @agentronin316’s, with Peasant, Dwarven Miner, Aziris and Orc, which I called “D’orcs”, and most recently was using one with troops who made what I thought were funny noises. Now that we have a leaderboard, I do try to win now and then so I’m not using these teams much anymore.

2 Likes

ohhhhh lordy !!!

1 Like

Sirrian you think if we as playerbase petitioned for a only one of each card per deck that would help? I like that idea and would solve alot 'and force ppl to gasp actually build decks. edit: Only for def teams as someone suggested sounds like a good plan.

4 Likes

Sirrian, since I can reproduce the bug every time, do let me know if there’s any testing I can do for you, so you’re not shooting in the dark. I play on Steam and iOS, and am happy to help.

1 Like

It’s worth making a petition if you believe in it strongly. Given that they’d likely need to then provide refunds on all troops that were available for Glory or even cash, I’d say it’s a pretty long shot.