Make mythics available for [x]...maybe souls?

What hope?

You could spend hundreds of dollars and thousands of in-game currency and get nothing, let alone something you want.

At the end of the day, there has to be a better way to target missing items or there’s really no point to the grind.

And when that hope is crushed over and over by pure gamble you lose your players.

2 Likes

And yet, by all accounts, the game is performing better than ever and the strategy has worked across countless games for many years…

Point still stands: We can toss out ideas that will never ever happen, or we can contribute meaningful ideas that might get instituted one day. Still haven’t seen any of the latter.

People used to say there was no way they’d let people purchase mythics and yet we have two ways to buy them now. Hmmm…

And the game is performing well due to massive influx of players over the last few months. Just wait until those players spend a couple hundred bucks on what seems like a perpetual game only to find out it’s really not…

Anyway probably doesn’t make much sense to beat a dead horse into a Big Mac.

The devs will decide whether or not they want to change things and we’ll either accept it or move on to something else. No big deal either way but to suggest we shouldn’t offer feedback because of the community’s perception of the request isn’t congenial to good discussion.

Out.

That’s fair. I guess I’ve lost patience with the fact that many people are quick to complain yet slow to offer helpful/realistic solutions.

3 Likes

I’ve offered a lot of feedback, some realistic some not so much. I’ve been playing the game for a bit over a year now and spent quite a bit of money, so I’m invested in the game and really don’t want to get burnt out, which is why I’m being especially vocal now.

I’m taking into account the case i’ve mentioned of the gems as premium currency losing it’s value as we are getting more and more features towards this distribution, i trust that the devs are trying their best to make gems more available in order to help new players and also provide an extra help for people aiming at Mythics when in reality it doesn’t help a lot for the Mythic’s case, so this theory of mine explains why the game is getting more and more players, some making a few purchases here and there, because it’s a great game after all and they feel welcome with so many features rewarding premium currency. It’s does not seems like a bad thing at first, but if it keeps going at this rate they might need to change something in the economy again that’s what i’m foreseeing for a not so far future… Maybe i’m worrying to much but…

Maybe i’m wrong but sounds very condescending of you assuming that this idea will never happen. You may be right as far as i’m concerned, but i agree to respectfully disagree with you. I don’t have a good idea for what to do with souls as much as you or the next guy/girl have so far. To be honest the first thing that occurs to me right now is that we could spend souls to make some cosmetic changes in cards during Halloween, maybe some ghosts animations during battles/TH when we match gems and that’s it.

Since i believe that you made your point loud and clear about this topic i will wait for any other comment from someone that might want to discuss anything else related.

1 Like

I think it’s fair to say a few end game people are waiting to see what the rumoured guild wars update brings to the table before they decide if they’re staying with the game, especially since I’ve spoken to some.

2 Likes

That is also very true.

FWIW, I didn’t arrive at this position without any thought. In fact, I posted in this thread earlier a conversation between Ivar and myself in which I was addressing end-gamers with the same exact arguments people are leveling against me now.

When I was level 500, I fought with several end-gamers about the state of the game. It’s quite simple - I had no idea what they were going through. Now I do. And totally understand why they were complaining. :frowning:

Yeah, I get it.

I think it’s fundamentally a gap between player desire and player psychology. Players want all the mythics and get frustrated that they don’t have them. They then interpret this frustration as a risk of quitting the game. However, the reality is that players keep playing because they don’t get everything. The single best way to get players to leave is to give them everything; as long as they’re chasing something they keep playing.

I think this drives to the heart of Paid vs F2P games, btw. As I see it, Paid games get your money once and give you an experience you can finish. In the best of circumstances, you drop $60, play 200 hours, complete the game, and move on. DLC extends this a bit, but it’s still finite. F2P games differ in that they can get your money indefinitely because the experience is always expanding (i.e., never finished). Maybe you eventually grow old with it and move on to something else, but a lot of the end-game players here (and in any F2P game) have been with the game since its launch.

1 Like

But we’re simply not chasing anything tangible, getting those last few cards is a (realistically) unattainable goal. Therein lies the problem.

If we had a realistic shot of getting them, even if it took a year, it wouldn’t be so bad. But given the current pool of cards and the fact it’s expanding at the rate of 12 per year means there’s nothing (again realistically) to chase except shadows.

I offered one potential solution that shouldn’t be too hard - make the Path purchases give us a Mythic or Legendary we don’t already have. Simple as that. Purchases would instantly go up. As it is, several of us who would otherwise buy them have said no because nobody wants another War or Abynissia.

Wait @Nimhain liked my post?

They found me!! Run for your lives!!! Tortuga was not far enough!

5 Likes

I would purchase the path to glory mythic pack in a heartbeat if I was guaranteed one of the 3 Mythics I’m missing.
I want Gard so bad.

4 Likes

This exactly. I’m only missing 2 cards: War and Plague. I wouldn’t mind buying one of the packs to finish off my collection. But, there is no way I’m paying $50 to get a duplicate.

4 Likes

So… as a newb… i like the game. I’ll play it for free indefinitely…, i may even sink small amoumts of money in the game…

But if it starts becoming a parade of "look what you can’t obtain. Git gud scrub. (Read "lucky) then no…the money faucpet turns off and this small bit of my hobby money goes back to Games Workshop… a company that DOES have a pretty much “anything is available, knock yourself out” policy.

2 Likes

That’s a good summary. Any amount of money you or others could invest, if you feel that your experience was valuable as much as that, would be great to keep the game running for the better enjoyment of all current and future players. :slight_smile:

I would say “i did my part” with what i already invested in the game. It was enough to buy some other games for my plataform (PC), but i feel satisfied because of how long the game entertained me, close to a year mind you. So, if at some point in the future i leave the game for any reason i wouldn’t regret giving my support.

And as much as not everyone agrees with what have been proposed in this thread, we just wanted to discuss perspectives to retain players with a “long term insurance” that they could be able to complete their collections one way or another. That’s all.

1 Like

I play mainly AAA titles on console. I originally found GoW on PS4 but because of the type of game it is, I ended up migrating over to mobile.

I’m an obsessive completionist and normally focus on one game at a time, so it’s not uncommon for me to spend hundreds of hours and several months playing a good console game like Skyrim or one of the AC titles. So for me, the amount of money I’ve invested in GoW equals 3-4 console games and potentially a couple of years of other entertainment that I passed up to play this game.

Long-term insurance is a great way to put it. :+1:

2 Likes

Yeah this game isn’t really atm at a “git gud scrub” level, but it would be if you saw lots of players getting mythics from souls. :laughing:

Every player in the game except end-gamers would drop pvp altogether, and start only playing explore for hours on end a day. Just to farm souls to craft 4 of every mythic. Then followed by everyone complaining we need mythics faster, once everyone is caught up.

It’s weird no one here thought of this. Why would we care about guild tasks at all if we could get mythics freely from souls. Chances are the devs would then make stronger legendaries and the process would go in circles. Followed THEN by people complaining about the same things and nerfing OP legendaries.

Yeah…come to think of it…it would break the game and ecosystem the devs have spent years making.

So obviously souls and any other farmable currency is out. Back to paying real money? Or more chances at rng?

Route the devs would surely take-

Mythics available for souls-nerf soul gain
Make troops craftable by traitstones-nerf stone gain (laughable as is)
Troops available for any currency-nerf that currency

And now you are talking it would be absolutely brutal for newer players to get anywhere. It’s just not possible.

1 Like