Lord of Beasts overwrites Empowered

Not sure if this is a known issue, my admittedly superficial search did not come up with results, so…

What you were expecting to happen, and what actually happened?
I expected Empowered Beasts to start with full mana, instead if Forest Guardian is placed after an Empowered beast, its Lord of Beasts trait overwrites the Empowered trait of the beast.
What are the steps to make it happen again?
Simply use an Empowered beast like Spirit Fox and place it infront of a fully traited Forest Guardian. In the pre-battle trait resolve sequence Spirit Fox will first get Empowered with full mana and then get ‘drained’ half of its mana by the Lord of the Beasts trait.
Do you have any screenshots or video you want to share with us so we can see the problem? Attach them to your post!
No, not needed though this is easily 100% reproducable.

1 Like

This is known for a while, and seems to be intended. To bypass the problem rearrange your troops. If your LoB traits procs before Empowered trait, then empowered will fill your troop completely.

1 Like

I am aware of that “bypass” that’s why i emphasized the order of troops in my report. It hardly seems intended for one of your (positive)traits to kill off another, but if it is i’d really like to refund my Forest Guardian(don’t even want the stones back, just want to deactivate the LoB trait), cause this trait is effectively making the troop significantly worse for my purposes…

Anyways thanks for letting me know @DonBoba .

The scripting language processes threads parrarily without an easy intra process communication method, so we’re stuck with timing issues.

If there really is no workaround for that issue(like LoB simply not affecting certain troops if traited) then i’d still really like to untrait my Forest Guardian’s LoB.
Like i said, i don’t even care about the stones though losing those does kinda suck, i just want to be able to deactivate that trait.

I suppose you could mail support and ask them for a refund. Though I’m not sure they have a tool to remove traits from cards.

1 Like

i think its simply a design flaw
but i dont like to think of it as intended.

1 Like

It doesn’t need an intra process communication method. When writing back any one of the two mana values it just needs to keep an already assigned higher one around.

2 Likes