LOL If the (unpromised, unconfirmed) "REAL" Pvs.P Finally Gets In LOL

“Can,” sure. We have no evidence that anything has, so statements to the effect of “real-time PvP is coming in X months” are disingenuous at best.

9 Likes

@Lyya You describe blatantly lying in the most diplomatic way possible. You deserve a cookie :cookie: I wish I was around the forums back when you were more active…

8 Likes

I think I’ve written similar in other PVP threads, but I KNOW that my small group of RL friends on GoW want some live PVP so we can kill each other in real time, and decide who’s the best.

That said, infinite loop teams would probably be everywhere if there would be a random matchmaking system. Giving live PVP more or even different kinds of rewards than other modes would probably be a bad move, THAT would make players feel like they HAVE to do live fights (to get “special” rewards or more than what is given in other modes) and I already can guess how stupid and tedious it will be to deal with nothing but devour, deathmark, infinite loop teams, or worse yet, some troll going on PVP with nothing but silence and entangle in their team to cause a game to drone on forever until you rage quit.

Really, let’s look some of the negatives GW has brought: cheesy defense teams almost nonstop, along with players raging, leaving their guilds, and even leaving the game for good. A live PVP with pressure to win (rewards, prizes for winner) would amplify these issues.

I would like a casual PVP just for the sake of having that ability to play my buddies, though. Even with guilds, this game feels very lonely and lone wolf to me. I get no feeling of community or meaningful interaction with other players. There are no “playstyles” or any weird combos I see, it’s just the stupid AI that grabs skulls every time when possible, and uses mana transform spells in a good manner only 50% of the time.

1 Like

I still don’t see any evidence that there is any accuracy in your contention. Put up or shut up.

3 Likes

AFAIR @Sirrian wrote at some point that if they ever implement real-time PvP they’ll limit number of possible extra turns per move to 3 or so.
If it’s ever implemented I’ll definitely try it, but I’m pretty sure just for a couple of fights and then back to PvAI - unfortunately it’s very difficult to balance so that it’s not rushed (timer for every move is a given) and still not tedious when your opponent thinks on every move - or just plain stalls.
As I don’t expect it to be really enjoyable (at least not more than already existing modes) I’m definitely against implementing it - as it’s a huge endeavour. If you search the forum you’ll find more, but the most obvious difficulty is much more server communication (right now the whole battle is fought locally on your computer, in real-time PvP it would have to be synchronized after every move at least) - which is already often annoying - and coming with it much more server bandwidth needed (i.e. upkeep cost). Not to mention means against possible exploits.

1 Like

Pretty smart actually: Make it sound like it’s coming in order to increase the hype in order to put pressure on the devs to actually make it happen.

I, err, heard Raid Bosses are coming really, really soon!

12 Likes

Ooh ooh i heard one too!! I heard a free elemaugrim was coming to vangor like next week!!!

crickets

Anyone?

crickets

Fine then… I go home😥

5 Likes

What hype, the 3 people saying they want it? The other couple dozen posts are indicating either they are indifferent, or don’t want it, or that they think other things like bug fixes or different new features should be higher priority, or they’re pointing out the technical difficulties with synchronous play? I think this thread clearly demonstrated that this idea can’t even generate fake hype…

2 Likes

You went too greedy. Should’ve gone for “free elemaugrim to all players”. That’s something people will get behind! And isn’t that what they said anyway… :wink:

1 Like

Hmm… so it’s a popular device in many games, so I guess as long as GoW makes money… publishers and owners will seek ways to make more money… and real-time pvp will arrive, even if it thoroughly doesn’t suit the nature of this game…

Someone will probably bookmark this post and dig this up in six months…
Hmmmm :innocent:

3 Likes

LOL The folks here that’re getting sooooo emotional over this are the ones that’re afraid to lose and actually play someone that’s really good. Like I said before, don’t brag about defeating someone’s A.I. controlled team when you haven’t actually played that person to see how good you really are.

Anyway, the devs already confirmed that realtime Pvs.P is coming, how come nobody has paid any type of attention? LOL

Can you post a link to said confirmation please?

6 Likes

When? Where? You’ve been asked at least three times for evidence and have presented nothing. Which bridge do you live under? I know some goats who would like to meet you.

9 Likes

i don’t see how it could Happen but if it happen who gonna pick team first? I always choose my troops depending of opponent, so it can take forever before both players agree to play each other with chosen troops.

Also who gonna start fight first? This is a huge advantage

LOL. I’d rather drink a bottle of bleach than pay attention to you.

Enjoy the rest of your day, LOL.

4 Likes

this guy troll bait and you guys bite it.

8 Likes

ROFL

The typical aggro meathead response.

3 Likes

LOL Sooooo much silly whiney emotions up in here. If some of you are sooooo uptight about realtime Pvs.P then, just simply don’t play, nobody has a gun to y’all heads. LOL

Edit: Trolling a troll doesn’t make it right. My apologies.

1 Like