List of Russian translation mistakes

Nope. 10char

@Salibu our debate has evolved to what it is now and i am not sure why…

It started because you took issue with @Versheenah being offended and therefore angry about the use of the word

1 Like

Well good thing calling someone a name that you think means one thing, but really means something else…isn’t going to kill someone.

Also, no…you don’t get to act like all mistakes should be taken to the same level. Look, pilots cannot make errors. People die if they do…people guiding pilots cant make errors.
Ect.
Doctors…ect…

Hence why they are paid so well.
This is a guy they likely sourced out who needed some money…to write a language for a flipping video game.
If anyone needs to get over himself, its you bro.

We got here…because you interjected yourself into my discussion with her. I didn’t ask you to jump in my comments to her…and I certainly didn’t take personal shots at you, like you did at me.
So I repeat. The only person who needs to get over himself is you. You are the same guy who got all mad because someone played an online joke on a video game website and impersonated you.

I’m not calling for anyone to be fired. I am appalled and frustrated and angry that this happened and perhaps I worded it a bit strongly and yet I didn’t even threaten any violence, really.

This translation caused me personally great harm. I have provided ways of fixing it even tho it’s not my job. I come into the game to play and have fun. And these days I’m working to fix all the translation fails as if it is my job.

Other female daemons are fine. As far as I looked. I haven’t had the chance to look over every card yet.

1 Like

Yes, your discussion with her, on a public thread, on a public forum, sooooooo… Am i not allowed to respond to public posts? If thats the case please let me know why i dont have the rights that everyone else enjoys.

If this was meant to be a private discussion it should have taken place over pm

1 Like

Wow that sucks! I would be angry as well!

1 Like

I dont think i took any personal shots at you so please show me where i did

Vangor, you have every right…but don’t interject yourself and than say “I don’t know how we got here…”
Don’t walk in a room and throw an insult and than act like you don’t know what happened.

Vangor, telling someone to get over themselves is a shot. Telling me that I am pompous and hold too high of an opinion of myself is a shot. If you don’t see how it is…conversing with you is pointless.

Versheenah,
I don’t blame you for being bothered. I guess I don’t get why it would anger you before you even know if its a mistake or not. Sticks and stones, I don’t see how a improper translation can “personally” harm you. I agree that it appears from what you have said, they should be paying you to do this job. But its not physically harming you. It might be mentally bothering you. There is a difference.
I can see why you haven’t looked at every card yet because the job is monumental. Just like it was probably even more monumental for the person who got in over their head to do it originally.

Ok i can see that this discussion is getting nowhere and in the interest of not flooding @Versheenah’s important thread anymore than we have already i am no longer going to continue this here…

I still dont see where i personally insulted you and as that was never my intention i would still like to see it but over pm or i will create a new public thread if you prefer just let me know…

1 Like

For the 3rd time. Scroll up, you told me to get over myself. Which again, means I am being pompous and having too high opinion of myself. Or did you say it, and not even know what it meant.

@Versheenah

Outstanding work on this! I actually took a semester of Russian a few decades ago it was a challenging language.

I’m sure all the future Russian players of Gems will benefit from your translation work (even if they don’t know how helpful a single player was). Keep it up. :grinning:

Edit: to the active posters above Perhaps its time for a PM conversion with each other?

5 Likes

Thanks for all your support @Strat @Eika @Delinquent
It helps me a lot! :smiley:

1 Like

Gonna tag @Saltypatra and @Ozball to get this through to the translations and in game faster

1 Like

We are currently looking into these translation mistakes. Thank you so much for your diligent work @Versheenah!

6 Likes

Thank you @Beowulf!

@Saltypatra thanks! I hope Aby’s and Desdy’s names are the first things you fix!

And sadly this current list is FAR from being complete. There are other troop names and spells that are awkward/unfortunate/confusing/wrong.

And there are also ALL THE OTHER SCREENS, like pvp, guild, hero, etc.

So keep an eye on this thread, please :wink:

1 Like

Be careful what you are getting yourself into, @Versheenah – if Sirrian can be believed, the total word count for Gems of War is roughly 1/3 the length of Anna Karenina!

2 Likes

@Grundulum yeah, it’s a lot!
But I can’t just leave it.

@Sirrian @Saltypatra what would make my work easier is if you could send me the text files so that I didn’t have to switch between a word doc and the game every five seconds.
Also that would make sure I didn’t miss anything like start up tips or loading screen jokes.

If you can’t do it for legal reasons… oh well. I got this far using the game alone. I can go all the way.

3 Likes

About “Abynissia”… If you really want to translate this name, then better use “Безднессия”. That don’t cut ears so hard, as before.
@Saltypatra @Sirrian

I hope original translator get paid in rubles, not American dollars :joy:

2 Likes

Where have you been Chocky? Good to have you and your good taste of humour back! :slight_smile: