List of Quality of Life Improvements

i know you were but for me there is no clear border to what the shortcut name could or should be,
personally i see no difference between cathy and salad
also i say DS instead of TDS and BD could be blade dancer
i search sylvanimora by ‘sylva’ or evennn ‘sylv’ which requires no addition to search engine to use…
the latest FG could be forttress gate, flesh golem or frost giant and if u search guardian u will find kerberos which is funny
my point is making additional labels by developers for troops , labels that suppose to be unique for each, could be a lot of unnecessary work and also could turn out counterintuitive in the end, what would be the forest guardian nick name? FG3? FoGu? Forest? - forest it is then but it needs no label to do that… i hope u can see what i was trying to say… :sweat_smile:

i dont see it as QoL, its some higher luxury not a bare necessity

I totally understand what you were saying and largely agree. The other thing that you didn’t even mention is that the game is translated into multiple languages, so adding additonal search options is going to be even more complex. On console, we don’t even have a text search option, just kingdom, colour and race filters, which works just fine as far as I’m concerned. Would be nice if we could get a two-colour search sometimes, but it isn’t hard to choose just one and then manually pick out the relevant ones.

1 Like

Got another one for the list,

On the hero overview screen, when you tab over to hero classes, it would be great if it would show the traits you’ve unlocked on the left side of each class like it does for troops. This would allow you to see which ones you’ve unlocked without having to actually go into the class.

3 Likes

Added. /10char

If not in the list:
Show souls next to other 3 resources currently shown. Now we need to go to troops menu, click a troop, go to crafting to see souls. Why make it a 3 step process when it’s much better to see it from world map?
Also pvp menu could show your resources too without the need of returning to world map. When you farm for some amount of gold/glory/souls, you can see directly there when you reach it, without closing back to world map.

It’s #28. Ctrl+F people!

I’m on mobile, scrolling around forum with slow Internet isn’t really an easy option. .

Great list, I came here to suggest some things and most of them are already covered :smile:

One thing that I didn’t see (forgive me if I missed it) - is that I would like a timer display somewhere in the match, as well as a match time on the final screen (I am another proponent that results should be consolidated onto single screen). I really dislike timing matches manually, but I realize that this is pretty niche for people who are mostly concerned with PVP.

• Make the mouse scroll-wheel function correctly in all areas, and put scroll bars/indicators (Troop list as one example that stands out as badly needing it)

• In the Class UI, show the + icon for classes that have currently upgradeable traits - Ending the “can I upgrade anything yet?” click-fest

• For Gold/Glory/etc keys the bottom button opens all once below 50. But not for Guild Chests - fix that please. I’m tired of clicking “Open 10 Chest” over and over again after the initial 50.

• All Arcane Traitstone graphics should be clickable which would open the map screen and select the kingdom where they’re found

((Most or all of these need rewording by my brain isn’t working well ATM… bad sleep last night))

1 Like

The ability to “mark” one or more troops (or resources) and have them be listed to the top of the chest summary list if/when they drop. For example, I could “mark” minor fires and have them be the first thing in the chest results summary if I happen to get any, or whatever common troop I am currently attempting to ascend, etc, so I don’t have to scroll all the way down the list to see if I got what I wanted and if I need to still open more chests.

1 Like

Less clicks for every battle!

Instead of having to click away the Traitstone you receive at the end of every battle just present it ON the rewards screen. (at the bottom perhaps).

5 Likes

Alright, should be up to date now! Still need to get around to sorting by category. (I think it feels like busy work and I’m having problems forcing myself to do it.)

@Studs
Category would be nice, but I agree with you, its just busy work.

What I think would be more important to do is create a VOTE post where people pick their “top 5”. So the developers can see some priority on these 38 items.

1 Like

Well that’s just extra work, isn’t it? xD

It has been said multiple times that what we find important isn’t that important.
What is easy to implement is, and we (as outsiders) are not qualified to even start to make an educated guess.

So don’t bother with a vote or any ordering whatsoever.

Categorizing might be useful but don’t feel forced to it, @Studs. And anyone who would like to see that ordering could do it and then PM the result (to put it in the post) to Studs to take that workload off of him.

So why did Studs even bother writing this post in the first place? or why do others bother reporting feedback on balance? Or bother writing posts about bugs?

HINT: its because these developers DO take into account the community feedback!

They do, but voting one option over others doesn’t mean we will get it. Some of the stuff listed is easier to implement (code/program) some isn’t as simple. Anything that is really simple will probably come to the game sooner then latter. But we, as players, don’t know which of the stuff listed that is.

Who wrote voting will guarantee we get anything? I DEFINITELY did not, with 100% absolutely certainly. Mabe you are referring to another contributor, or just an older post from someone else perhaps?

Voting is just a way to show priority of one item to another. It does not account for implementation difficulty (as the community obviously does not know the full extent to code an item)

Yeah I implied the whole discussion that was being led here.

I’m not doing a poll. I think the real concern is that we can’t assess the return on investment (ROI) of a given change. Sure, we can rank order our preferences, but how valuable is this if it turns out that our #1 item would take 4 weeks and we could have #2 through #10 in the same amount of time? I know I’d change my vote if that were the case.

Thus, to some extent, our voting does a disservice to the dev team. We sort of need to trust them to do their job and prioritize based on their impressions of ROI. Fortunately, they are very engaged with the community, so it’s not a bad spot to be in.

Organizing based on categories would just be a nice QoL improvement for the QoL list. It’s gotten so large that it’s hard to parse. My concern is that if a dev were to look at this now, it’s probably so intimidating that it’s easier to just ignore it altogether and go do something else. My hope was that this would be stuff they could tackle one or two at a time when they have spare time between larger tasks, need to get back into the groove, etc., and I fear it no longer serves this purpose.

8 Likes