List of Quality of Life Improvements

Updated. I never imagined we’d get to 100… Makes me wish there were a decent way to rank order them based on best ROI.

Since we don’t know the investment cost (no access to the code), that exercise is best left to @Sirrian and friends. The “return” part is rankable, of course, but I suspect you could ask a hundred people and get a hundred different priority lists.

For searching purposes, it might be a good idea to break the list up into feature areas (Troops menu, Hero menu, Chat, In-Battle, Treasure Hunt, etc).

7 Likes

Yeah, I had the same concerns re: ranking. I know what I think is most valuable (and we could do a horribly complicated and rolling voting system, which sounds like a nightmare), and I could guess the scope (but am likely to be way off in many instances), so there didn’t seem like any decent way to me.

Breaking up into feature areas is a great idea though! Work and life have been horribly busy recently, but I’ll try to find time shortly.

1 Like

I’m pretty sure it’s beyond the forum’s poll system, but a mechanism that let each person vote for their top few priorities would produce a sort of popularity ranking. That might help the devs pick amongst any low-hanging fruit.

2 Likes

Almost sounds like a challenge.

maybe sort them by theme ./…

1 Like

I added a couple of extra in there and we surpassed 100! In doing so, it revealed that list functionality wasn’t prepared for us.

4 Likes

Given there are so many now, perhaps it would be worthwhile sorting them into groups (with separate numbered lists maybe):

• General UI
  • Base Game
  • Arena specific
  • TH specific

et cetera…

1 Like

Is that a QoL request for the QoL request list?

We just went full meta.

5 Likes

Lyya already made that suggestion, and I think it’s a great one. I’m planning to do this, just have to find time.

2 Likes

i think thats not in the list yet:

• spelling/phrases consistency in spells (every gem transforming spell written with same phrase for example “transform red” instead of using variety of words like transform /convert /turn - so we could use search window to actually seatch all spells of same effect, same with the stat buffing spells, giving life, etc)
3 Likes

Great thought (and nice to know I’m not the only one that gets frustrating when trying to build a team and have to search for 3 different terms to find the transformer I want)!

2 Likes

I think no one mentioned this but the search field should also find you troops the way we call them short. EK should find khorvash when searched, TDS to find the dragon soul, BD to bone dragon, DB to deep borer, etc.

The console version is getting new sort options in the next update (and will fix the existing broken ones). It will be interesting to see what they put in.

2 Likes

and Sylvia or Salad Dragon for Sylvanimora? Cathy for Cthyryzyx?

I think it would be funny to search for Salad and get Sylvanimora…

1 Like

Er, no… that’s just laziness…

Who said I’m not lazy? :open_mouth:
It’s a simple thing to implement though, and other games do this.

i dont like,

if at all just allow player to insert their custom text description for every card that would be used at search engine, would solve all search issues if u put time on describing ur troops the way you like and u could even call your jarl ‘the great donger’ or something, i dont expect developers to look for all the stuff ppl would probably wanna search like ‘cathy’.

id just title all my transformers ‘transformer’, gem creators ‘creator’, life generators ‘healer’ or ‘aoe healer’ etc and problem solved

I was just kidding around, but given how Nimhain has joked about how they call that troop Cathy around the office, it is the kind of thing that they might sneak in to the search filter as an Easter Egg.

Just a wild suggestion from me, since I saw other games do this :slight_smile:
Also we are getting more and more troops, more advanced ways to search for specific troops will be more and more welcome. I like the current search too, I just think it can be improved slightly.